Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
Haha! Suck it blue!

Super stubbornness supersedes sleazy sneakiness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I have not read the book yet, I am currently working my way through the most recent short stories. There is an alpha legion one where they sneak aboard an ad mech vessel and funnily enough I was thinking how they were actually becoming a little dull. Whenever we hear about them they have infiltrated so magnificently that they are unstoppable. It is like the showdown at the end of Bill and Ted's bogus journey. Aha but the weapons officer is one of our agents so he doesn't actually shoot us... And it is our poison gas so we totally have the antidote... I look forward to them having a setback for a change.

Also ironically, despite huge popularity, it is the hardest to represent on the the tabletop. Actually mate, the serfs working on that rhino have sabotaged it so rather than your move forward you are blown up. Your bolters don't fire but actually flags pop out that say Wild Stalyns Rule.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've always thought the Alpha Legion were really boring. This is probably the first interesting thing that's happened to them.

JackMack posted:

Wild Stalyns Rule.
Wyld Stallyns Rule. :regd10:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Fulgrim still #1 for Primarch body count

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Wyld Stallyns Rule. :regd10:

I was feeling clever because I thought I'd remembered the spelling. Damnit Jack get it together. There's no 'I' in team.

Or Wyld Stallyns.

I think the EC book where the artist is using dead people to create art is the only time I feel the HH books have come close to the horror type type stuff that the concept of the warp deserves. It is such an inconsistent collection of stuff.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Recoome posted:

Fulgrim still #1 for Primarch body count

Fulgrims only killed 1. Roboute technically isn't dead. The top dog in the primarch kill department is still Russ. And he also murdered two entire legions.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Technically not dead just like the emperor isn't a rotting corpse who uses tarot cards to communicate with the outside world.

Who did dog man kill?

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

BULBASAUR posted:

Technically not dead just like the emperor isn't a rotting corpse who uses tarot cards to communicate with the outside world.

Who did dog man kill?

The Primarch of the Rainbow Warriors.

Edit: isn't it implied that the Ultramarines absorbed the two lost legions?

krursk fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 23, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

krursk posted:

Edit: isn't it implied that the Ultramarines absorbed the two lost legions?

They absorbed all the trainees and leftovers.

Also: What up 1k sons

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

They absorbed all the trainees and leftovers.

Also: What up 1k sons

Is that supposed to be Ahriman? I think that helmet is pretty lame

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh. I am genuinely surprised they're not going generic like they did with Calth. Assuming this model is in a new 30k boxed set.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Probably the characters. The Praetor and Apostle are monopose like that.

Could also be pure 40k

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
While you might be able to use it in 40k as a general Thousand Sons character, that model is pretty clearly Heresy era Ahriman and not his 40k version.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Just looks like a generic overdetailed chaos space marine to me. Could be one of the chosen from the DV set. :shobon:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Nah, it's Ahriman.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I don't dispute it, I was apologising for my lack of evil space marine knowledge. Dude looks cool.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I guess the new guy running the show at GW really is different from the old one in terms of social media - not only has the company acknowledged this leak (which they probably started, let's be honest), they've responded to it on their FB channel with a video teasing the redone Kharn.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Here's the link to the video: https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/240706472991005/

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Man that Ahriman is a cool looking space wizard.

Someone in the 30k subreddit said the MK III torso on the sprue looks like a Space Wolf's. Anyone else see that? I don't see anything really Wolfy on it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DrPop posted:

Man that Ahriman is a cool looking space wizard.

Someone in the 30k subreddit said the MK III torso on the sprue looks like a Space Wolf's. Anyone else see that? I don't see anything really Wolfy on it.

The diamond in the centre of the chest plate was on a lot of the 2nd ed metal wolves. To the right of that (bottom of the image) looks like maybe a row of teeth on a necklace.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
So some primarchs have obnoxiously large bases that put them at like twice the height they need to be. So I took a stab at it, and while I've never made a base before that wasn't just dirt, or have painted a marine that wasn't Iron Warriors why not do both?

Although I have no idea how to paint crush damage I like how it turned out, plus it got a good laugh out of the player who's scheme I copied.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice to see Stanyer's model put to good use

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

TTerrible posted:

The diamond in the centre of the chest plate was on a lot of the 2nd ed metal wolves. To the right of that (bottom of the image) looks like maybe a row of teeth on a necklace.

I think it's a 30k Ahriman and the diamond chest dude is a SW casualty

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

TTerrible posted:

Not a row of teeth, just gouges. But definitely a diamond.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I thought it was officially confirmed that anything vaguely star-shaped is Iron Warriors.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
But it's a diamond and yes we all know mango Polo's views on cubic zirconoas but ask yourself why would Ahriman have iw stuff on his sprue?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Hencoe posted:

Although I have no idea how to paint crush damage I like how it turned out, plus it got a good laugh out of the player who's scheme I copied.

This is gonna look awesome after basing.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Big Willy Style posted:

I think it's a 30k Ahriman and the diamond chest dude is a SW casualty

DJ Dizzy posted:

Not a row of teeth, just gouges. But definitely a diamond.

Yeah this adds up. His base must be huge for a normal power armoured marine.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

TTerrible posted:

Yeah this adds up. His base must be huge for a normal power armoured marine.

It's just a "bust" of a dead SW for base dressing.

You can tell because (assuming this is a one-sprue figure) after all the parts are accounted for, that's what's left over. Plus the pose is has uneven "standing on a thing" footing, and that's the only extra thing. The reverse of the SW is also sculpted flat.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

PantsOptional posted:

I guess the new guy running the show at GW really is different from the old one in terms of social media - not only has the company acknowledged this leak (which they probably started, let's be honest), they've responded to it on their FB channel with a video teasing the redone Kharn.

In addition to the social media change, they are also sponsoring the NOVA Open, both 40k and Age of Sigmar, with a bunch of actual prizes. That's the first time I can recall GW actually giving something away [aside from giving you an extra model for spending hundreds of dollars in their webstore]

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

They also appear to be having "fun" on their Facebook page, which I'm pretty sure was punishable by hanging under the old leadership.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Nice to see Stanyer's model put to good use

HAHAHA. gently caress you. #trump2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Finally took a look at the pictures and indeed a great fire has been ignited within my loins.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Use it to burn prospero.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Goddamnit. I want to start a traitor army. Do I go ultramarines for that snazzy blue, or IW for that bitterness.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

DJ Dizzy posted:

Goddamnit. I want to start a traitor army. Do I go ultramarines for that snazzy blue, or IW for that bitterness.

Alpha Legion. Snazzy blue(ish) and traitor(ish?)

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

mongol posted:

Alpha Legion. Snazzy blue(ish) and traitor(ish?)

And you get the added bonus of painting them silver first, then over painting that with blue. It's a win-win!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

And, if you go Alpha Legion, you get the bonus of being able to swipe those delicious Tyrant Siege Terminators.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

Use it to burn prospero.

Ice cold, like Fenris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

If you want to play the Best Legion then go for Ultramarines with their snazzy blue, if you want to be as grouchy as Bulbasaur, play IW.

Or if you want to paint blue and still be a bad guy, go Night Lords.