Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My iPhone touchscreen is becoming broken and not working when using two fingers, and the battery is so shot it only lasts an hour. I don't have money to get a new one; sure I can put it on credit but that's loving stupid so now I have to deal with a semi-broken phone. It's not THAT bad but it's annoying and I don't like annoyances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Intoluene posted:

Well now I just feel like an rear end in a top hat :smith:

Don't :)
It's cool that you're just trying to look out for people.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I like to sleep with my hand touching my face. Usually the forehead. Lately, it's been forming a small vertical crease down the exact center of my forehead, making it look kinda like a buttcrack.

I need to start sleeping differently, but its so hard to change those habits.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

Don't :)
It's cool that you're just trying to look out for people.

Thanks, wasn't sure if I hit a sore spot by accident. :unsmith:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
One of the people haranguing me about my weight is being a right poo poo about my being reluctant to walk all of my patrols during my shift at work tomorrow. I would, and I have done so on the last 4 Saturday night/Sunday morning shifts in a row without complaint. Here's why this is different:

It's like 90% chance of rain. "It's just rain!", You/she might say. Well gently caress you, I'm not sending eight hours in a loving soaked uniform and wet socks. Not to mention, y'know, I'm loving deaf. My cochlear implant? Only a critical little thing not only to my job but to my everyday life? The model I am in the process of upgrading to is splash-proof, and okay for rain.

The process is not complete. The one I am still wearing is not splash-proof. gently caress off.
I honestly don't know any I'm still friends with her, sometimes...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Intoluene posted:

Thanks, wasn't sure if I hit a sore spot by accident. :unsmith:

My anti-FWP is that you made me feel better by being concerned.

After having to bring some uncomfortable criticism on a co-worker, they have begun to steer too far in the other direction and it's pissing off the office in new and exciting ways.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Starbound is consuming my life.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
One of my friends got to hang out with Guitar Shorty last night and now I'm super jelly.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

it's really hot :( and I think the parking guy from next door is hitting on me and I'm not interested

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

All the public transit is jacked up due to construction.
I've heard three different instructions from their employees and EACH ONE WAS MOSTLY WRONG.

This must have been a puzzle where each person had a part of the real answer and it was up to me, the hero of this lovely RPG, to solve it.

Now I'm late for work and no one gave me a sword.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Inzombiac posted:

All the public transit is jacked up due to construction.
I've heard three different instructions from their employees and EACH ONE WAS MOSTLY WRONG.

This must have been a puzzle where each person had a part of the real answer and it was up to me, the hero of this lovely RPG, to solve it.

Now I'm late for work and no one gave me a sword.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I want to go to my parents' house and chill with them and eat their food but I'm chilling with my huge, adorable cat and don't want to move, or buy food and cook it

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I ordered my steak blue (rarer than rare) and I got it medium rare :mad:

One of my cats is next to my computer. First he was chewing my fingers, now hes rolling around adorably BUT he keeps knocking the power cable out. You cat.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Today was going to be the first day of walking to the grocery store instead of driving. So of course it's pouring rain.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My options for lunch near work are mostly overpriced fancy places and it kind of limits my options. The other places make drat fine sandwiches but the mere proximity of places where you can spend $20 and still leave hungry just bothers me.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm sad.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I did my fake nails really good this time with almost no bubbles but I put my right thumb nail on crooked and it's bothering me especially while typing on the phone because it's so visible.

Also fake nail problems: it's hard to type on a touch screen but luckily mine recognizes my poo poo typing now. I love you, iPhone.

E: this crooked nail is driving me nuts I'm gonna cut it

E2; I cut it and it's less infuriating but it still bothers me that it's crooked

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Aug 23, 2016

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I have to pack my worldly possessions and drive a u-haul through a treacherous mountain pass.

BUT I am leaving this lovely prairie town in favor of a pretty mountain town. Hooray!

P.S. Inzombiac, I changed my depression/anxiety medication a few months ago after years on the same stuff and it has been life changing. I have energy! And emotions!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

We talked to the cable company; we don't really watch any channels above the 100 range anyway, so they decided to clip those off and now the bill I'm responsible for is almost 20 bucks cheaper.

This is a first world problem to me because while I can still watch IDHD, I can't watch American History Channel anymore :( I liked World War II In Color and other shows like that.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I rely on indians at work to assist me in my endeavors but they constantly gently caress it up

i've ordered butter chicken for dinner, not sure why, now I think about it

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I got really loving mad at a comic strip :mad:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you're diagnosing a potentially sick guinea pig because they are making an unusual sound infrequently it could mean absolutely nothing (because they are really weird animals) or it could mean that they are dying (because they're basically made of wet paper).

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm starting to get a cold and I'd prefer to stay home from work but I need the money more than I need rest.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Inzombiac posted:

If you're diagnosing a potentially sick guinea pig because they are making an unusual sound infrequently it could mean absolutely nothing (because they are really weird animals) or it could mean that they are dying (because they're basically made of wet paper).

We have one in at work with feet so swollen that it's severed the last toes on her fore feet. No indication why. Just some weird fibrous growth. Better than the one that kept dramatically flopping on its side and gasping for breath only for us to discover that was its version of snoring.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Roro posted:

We have one in at work with feet so swollen that it's severed the last toes on her fore feet. No indication why. Just some weird fibrous growth. Better than the one that kept dramatically flopping on its side and gasping for breath only for us to discover that was its version of snoring.

AHhhhhhhhhahahahahha!
They are so loving weird.

One of mine is "hooting" sometimes when she eats but is not in time with her breathing. It's could be heart problems or it could be one of a billion other odd poo poo they do.

I applied for a job I'd be okay with at an agency I would love to work for. The form questionnaire leads me to think that they are just going to promote internally.

fuckin breeders man
Mar 21, 2007
Air conditioner condenser cleaner is only available as an "add on" purchase from amazon. So I either have to order $25 worth of other stuff or walk 10 minutes to K-Mart. But it's so HOT!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If you go the Kmart route, call and make sure they have it.

I ended up walking about a mile and a half to get some new battery terminal clamps and when I got there, they had 1 (and I needed 2).

Always call ahead of time.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
My car is running like poo poo and I'm not sure if it'll make the trip home after work in 2 hours :ohdear:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I have a mosquito bite on the back of my head :mad:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Why does the gross neckbeard part of my facial hair grow so well, but refuses to where I want it to grow?

Every time I decide (half out of wanting to test it, half out of laziness) to not shave in the interest of having a decent full beard, this happens. This time, I tell myself. This time, the hair will connect my mustache to the chin hair, and not my chin to my neck.

:negative:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 20:11 on Aug 24, 2016

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Why does the gross neckbeard part of my facial hair grow so well, but refuses to where I want it to grow?

Every time I decide (half out of wanting to test it, half out of laziness) to not shave in the interest of having a decent full beard, this happens. This time, I tell myself. This time, the hair will connect my mustache to the chin hair, and not my chin to my neck.

Same, also I have blond hair normally but the hair on my neck comes in black. So I can have the same amount of facial hair growth but on my face it looks like nothing's there and it shows up bright-as-day on my neck. Is at-home laser hair removal a feasible thing for facial hair yet? Cause maybe I can solve the problem once and for all.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

MisterBibs posted:

Same, I have to stay reasonably on top of shaving because otherwise I look like a neckbeard in a real hurry.

FWP: I am in fact a huge neckbeard but society doesn't accept me and my inherent desire to wear a fedora with casual MLP-themed clothing.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Don't let that stop you. One guy in my dorm in college one year wore the same MLP clothes including spray painted pink jeans literally every time I saw him, which depending on my schedule was multiple times a week.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I fell asleep during Steve Wilkos and it was a good episode.

It's hard to type with a French manicure.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Turns out Best Buy has a 15 day return policy (serious, what the gently caress?), so now I own a Xbox One and a few games and accessories that I don't really want, and has been sitting in my living room since it was delivered. drat you flood!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Turns out Best Buy has a 15 day return policy (serious, what the gently caress?), so now I own a Xbox One and a few games and accessories that I don't really want, and has been sitting in my living room since it was delivered. drat you flood!

I mean if you want to unload it you can mail that poo poo to me...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah Flander just wait it out, you'll find a secondary buyer for sure.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If you don't want 'em I'll take them off your hands :v:

e: Beaten! Note to self: F5 is your friend. I'm actually semi serious though, I will take them off your hands if you want them gone *that* bad :v:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have today (Friday) off, which means that I can go to a radio remote that's kinda near my house.

Except that said remote is taking place at a place where someone I can't stand being around works, so I'm torn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I have one more week left of 4 hour commutes each day (been doing it for 4 months) before I move into my new apartment. New apartment is 12 minutes from work.

I'm so excited but I have zero energy or enthusiasm for this last week.

I've put up with it for so long but now that it's basically over I cannot loving stand it.