Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol i dont have apple music im not that big of a fuckin retard yet i still heard blond a bunch weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

thathonkey posted:

lol i dont have apple music im not that big of a fuckin retard yet i still heard blond a bunch weird

some people are just way too retarded to live

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
some of the other tracks besides god-tier nights on blond are starting to grow on me but i'm gonna have to admit i don't think i will ever enjoy listening to this album straight through. getting through the whole first half is a chore and then nights comes to save the day but the second half is even more of a snoozer though i really enjoy a few songs on both halves. does that mean i agree with famed poster and good opinions haver "rear end catchcum"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've been deleting tracks from it. I know that's sacrosanct around these parts but most of the 1 minute skits are crap that ruin the flow of the album.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSs6WnZ2830&hd=1

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I've been deleting tracks from it. I know that's sacrosanct around these parts but most of the 1 minute skits are crap that ruin the flow of the album.

Man all I do is delete tracks I think is bad, ain't nobody got time for that. I keep only 6 songs off mixtapes and albums at times. But I get that from the days when mixtapes had 5 songs I actually wanted and 16 I didnt

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Yeah the skit about not smoking weed is a huge bummer especially when the album is such good smoking music

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ban skits/interludes/talking on albums 2k16.

What's the most recent skit that someone has liked? I have a habit of throwing together discographies and hitting shuffle, so even when a "good" skit pops up, I can't appreciate it due to it killing the flow.

edit: Started reading this article (http://www.spin.com/2016/08/outkast-atliens-20-years-anniversary-big-boi-interview/), and it's fairly interesting. Have a choice quote:

quote:

And me and Killer Mike, we’re gonna put out a little EP after I put out my next solo record or something like that. We’ve been entertaining the idea for a long time and finally got enough songs to where we just said the other night that we’re gonna do it. You getting a scoop there.

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 23, 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Robert Analog posted:

Yeah the skit about not smoking weed is a huge bummer especially when the album is such good smoking music

most of the songs are already about smoking weed there was really no need for a skit. at least the skits are separate tracks though kdot wouldve blended them into the ends of songs

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

does anyone here like blond that thought views was garbage can terrible

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
lmao Frank dropped Endless a day before Blonde so he could finesse Def Jam out of the profits for his album: http://pitchfork.com/news/67748-frank-ocean-no-longer-on-def-jam-blonde-was-self-released/?mbid=social_twitter

also Views wasn't boring because it was slow and atmospheric, it was boring because it was too long and Drake was on auto-pilot. Blonde is super slow but there's a lot of sonic detail and experimental twists and turns. It reminds me a lot of Brian Eno or late era Talk Talk where everything is super quiet and sparse, but extremely meticulous and purposeful at the same time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

does anyone here like blond that thought views was garbage can terrible

Yeah Views is one of the most boring albums I've ever listened to and I like Blond

e:
I still can't believe how boring Views was. After IYRTITL and WATTBA I thought Drake could really put out something amazing. I was very wrong.

I'm listening to it again now and Drake literally sounds like he just woke up on most of the tracks.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 24, 2016

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

lmao Frank dropped Endless a day before Blonde so he could finesse Def Jam out of the profits for his album: http://pitchfork.com/news/67748-frank-ocean-no-longer-on-def-jam-blonde-was-self-released/?mbid=social_twitter

also Views wasn't boring because it was slow and atmospheric, it was boring because it was too long and Drake was on auto-pilot. Blonde is super slow but there's a lot of sonic detail and experimental twists and turns. It reminds me a lot of Brian Eno or late era Talk Talk where everything is super quiet and sparse, but extremely meticulous and purposeful at the same time

http://www.thefader.com/2016/08/23/universal-music-group-ban-streaming-exclusives-frank-ocean-endless

Yeah frank owned them hard on that and now apparently they're going to discontinue having exclusive releases. They have to be pissed that they won't be seeing poo poo from blond.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
he pulled a champagne papi "if you're reading this it's too late" on them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Frank won.

Also that fader article had a really good interview with Jeremih after it:
http://www.thefader.com/2016/08/23/jeremih-details-late-nights-europe-partynextdoor

It's about the recording of Late Nights Europe, really interesting.

thathonkey posted:

he pulled a champagne papi "if you're reading this it's too late" on them

Drake is still on Cash Money though :shrug: Views probably made Baby a fortune :negative:

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Drakes ep last summer was a better album than his album.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
has the new Vince Staples leaked yet? Stereogum's got a review already so I assume it's out there somewhere

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Ban skits/interludes/talking on albums 2k16.

What's the most recent skit that someone has liked? I have a habit of throwing together discographies and hitting shuffle, so even when a "good" skit pops up, I can't appreciate it due to it killing the flow.
The torture skit from Method Man is the only good one in history and I usually try to skip past it these days anyway.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
new wop... GucTiggy pts 1-4 with zaytoven

https://soundcloud.com/guccimaneofficial/sets/guctiggy-prod-by-zaytoven

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I really like Apple Music's radio stations. There. I said it.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I really wish they would have an uncensored version of Beats 1

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Crumbletron posted:

There's always dudes on twitter hooking people up with zippyshares IME

There is also websites that allow you to search for zippyshare names.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

HorseRenoir posted:

I really wish they would have an uncensored version of Beats 1
yeah man what the gently caress

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Yeah Views is one of the most boring albums I've ever listened to and I like Blond

e:
I still can't believe how boring Views was. After IYRTITL and WATTBA I thought Drake could really put out something amazing. I was very wrong.

I'm listening to it again now and Drake literally sounds like he just woke up on most of the tracks.

this is great news thanks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

has the new Vince Staples leaked yet? Stereogum's got a review already so I assume it's out there somewhere

Nah they just got review copies. Sites won't usually review leaks

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
This line from that stereogum review gets me excited

The other tracks come from DJ Dahi and No ID, past Staples collaborators. But both of them push their sound in different directions, bringing in a bleepy choppiness that reminds me of early-’00s Neptunes

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Lyor said Jeffrey is coming out Thursday night for sure.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

Lyor said Jeffrey is coming out Thursday night for sure.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince and Thug this Friday :allears:

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Only more Gucci or more Kodak Black in the vein of "Vibin in this Bih", could make me happier.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

I might die

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Vince dropped the full version of '06 :hellyeah:

http://pitchfork.com/news/67765-vince-staples-shares-new-version-of-06-listen/?mbid=social_twitter

KingAsmo
Mar 18, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQUD3msLCOU

New Keith Ape

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Rich Crack Baby by Young Dolph is gonna be great

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:worship:

NoID + Vince is probably the best rapper/producer combo since El-P did RAP music

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

:worship:

NoID + Vince is probably the best rapper/producer combo since El-P did RAP music

actually its london on da track + jeffery

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
whoever the idiot who keeps saying that was the only good on the whole album except the LP cut was only like 45 seconds should be happy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Drrake/status/767564531052797952

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i hope she repeats the part about eating booty like groceries and eating on that cooty in school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Friday gonna be real real real good