Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Just started Infiroad and it's sweet so far. Should I be instantly resetting when I get the Mythril at 100 for a while? Seems like 200 might be the next source.

e: nvm, got 2 and a relic at 150 and relics seem way more important than a few measly mythril, onward!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Just started Infiroad and it's sweet so far. Should I be instantly resetting when I get the Mythril at 100 for a while? Seems like 200 might be the next source.

e: nvm, got 2 and a relic at 150 and relics seem way more important than a few measly mythril, onward!

Mythril is a chance per boss after 100. You'll eventually be able to raise that chance.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, haven't gotten that specific relic but I did get the one that's a chance for double relics. I see how this goes.

Is there a specific hero I should throw my mythril at the buff-relic for when I have some left over from leveling the other, better relics? Like Swordmaster or Wizard or something?

pelao
Apr 21, 2010
I can spend all my mithril trying to make any hero awesome and the wizard still ends up doing 80% or more of my DPS. Might be doing something wrong, but it seems like you should just max out Wizard.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

pelao posted:

I can spend all my mithril trying to make any hero awesome and the wizard still ends up doing 80% or more of my DPS. Might be doing something wrong, but it seems like you should just max out Wizard.

The slayer does all the work once you get him.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Slayer always spawns from the highest zone but Sniper has bonus damage to bosses who are generally the real halting point anyway. There's also a good argument for leveling Thief instead because he's guaranteed to spawn with the Hero by the time you are wrecking thousands of zones at a time and by extension the click spell which effectively makes him just like the Slayer. I like leveling everyone though. :shrug:

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

The slayer does all the work once you get him.

Everybody hits a new plateau of power at different times so if you switch it DPS % mode you'll see Hero Ninja Thief Slayer and DK bouncing from 1% to 90% damage. Samurai is used for a chieve and merchant/alchemist/general have good buffs.

dipple fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 24, 2016

Not UNIX
Mar 29, 2005
It was stupid speculation when the WSJ reported it, and it's stupid speculation now. It's never going to happen.
I knew it wouldn't last forever.

It would cost a little over $150,000 to purchase the rubies to revive.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
For infiroad how exactly does the "buy to upgrade/promotion/legendary" function? For afking what is best?

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

hypnorotic posted:

For infiroad how exactly does the "buy to upgrade/promotion/legendary" function? For afking what is best?

It buys levels up to the next upgrade/promotion/legendary. For idle set it to ALL

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

hypnorotic posted:

Buy to upgrade goes up to the next upgrade whether it is buying up to level 5 from level 1 or level 51 to 75. Buy to promotion buys all the levels and upgrades within the next 99 levels, unless you've started the Training of Death at which point the promotion breakpoints are *550, *600, *700, *800, and *900 before you reach legendary status at the next multiple of 1000. Buy to legendary will buy all the levels, upgrades, and promotions you can afford up to the nearest multiple of 1000. Buy all is what comes after and is actually what you want if you are afking for an actually significant amount of time while all the chumps are getting their faces smashed in by skills and super-powered units. If you are not able to do that yet then stick with xP because it helps you find the units to upgrade and break past whatever's currently stopping you from going further (the time window for xL to be worth bothering with before going back to xP is about one or two reincarnations because if you are scoring enough relics per world your power will explode eventually beyond the grasp of single legendary upgrades).

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
When do you start getting the second set of relics in infiniroad? I'm at 600k mithril spent now and I'm pretty sure I have every one that's available from the start.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Sindai posted:

When do you start getting the second set of relics in infiniroad? I'm at 600k mithril spent now and I'm pretty sure I have every one that's available from the start.

zone 10,000

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

dipple posted:

It buys levels up to the next upgrade/promotion/legendary. For idle set it to ALL

When do you get this button? I only have Roll over buy: AFK mode for automatically getting 1 hero bought when afk. Would'nt mind getting them all upgraded!

And does consuming the mithril still give its passive bonus to your heroes? In some similar games, e.g. AdCap, consuming the prestige currency means it wont grant bonii, whereas in Clicker Heroes you still get bonii even though you spent them on ancients (iirc)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 24, 2016

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

When do you get this button? I only have Roll over buy: AFK mode for automatically getting 1 hero bought when afk. Would'nt mind getting them all upgraded!

And does consuming the mithril still give its passive bonus to your heroes? In some similar games, e.g. AdCap, consuming the prestige currency means it wont grant bonii, whereas in Clicker Heroes you still get bonii even though you spent them on ancients (iirc)

The button you are looking for is the x1 button - press it untill it says ALL. then the AFK mode will upgrade every already hired hero(you still need to hire the new ones manually)
Mythril does give bonuses even if spent, and the page for it even VERY specifically says so.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks, going to try with ALL + AFK mode.

I had not yet visited the mithril page so i had not seen that text.

EDIT: My Infroad completely stagnates at level 327. Getting there takes little time at all, but for 3 games in a row now progress has basically stopped at level 327. I have tripled my mithril since the first time i got here so i don't understand why i cant progress past it.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 24, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ineptitude posted:

EDIT: My Infroad completely stagnates at level 327. Getting there takes little time at all, but for 3 games in a row now progress has basically stopped at level 327. I have tripled my mithril since the first time i got here so i don't understand why i cant progress past it.
I actually am hitting the exact same wall - well, not the exact one, but it started at 325 and now after four resets it's like 330. It's super weird.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Use the party skills. Once you have all the party skills, the game completely changes and the timers get recharged and you end up ripping past thousands of levels per second.

You only get party skills when they drop as loot from bosses and you have to reset the world to unlock. Just keep resetting until a couple drop.

Otherwise make sure to hit the promotions and characters lose relative power once they enter death training or whatever it's called.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Yeah the game breaks open pretty fast. I'm at that point where I get a few billion mythril and fly past 20k in like 30 seconds. Planning on finishing it soon. Great little game!

Seconding active skills. There's a relic that adds time to the active skills when you beat a boss so you pretty much have all of the skills active the entire run once you level that up.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I actually am hitting the exact same wall - well, not the exact one, but it started at 325 and now after four resets it's like 330. It's super weird.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I've broken past it, but I really felt weird saying that I'm having trouble with the guys right before the Gob Gob Tower.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

There's a weakness to ALL in that it only levels everyone at once or no one if you don't have the cash for ALL, occasionally you have to check in and manually promote a couple dudes to push past stall out points.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I thought it used the last hero you clicked on as basically the hero to focus on and if there was cash at the end of upgrading them it would be pushed out to the rest of the heroes. Highlighted rather well when you broke a gold crystal and the cash infusion made that one hero jump several levels above the others nearby.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Sage Grimm posted:

I thought it used the last hero you clicked on as basically the hero to focus on and if there was cash at the end of upgrading them it would be pushed out to the rest of the heroes. Highlighted rather well when you broke a gold crystal and the cash infusion made that one hero jump several levels above the others nearby.

That's my understanding as well

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm 99% sure AFK mode only upgrades the last hero you clicked, so it only works until the leveling curve favors a different hero.

You can get pretty far leaving it on Slayers though.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 24, 2016

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
AFK + ALL upgrades all heroes, AFK + anything else only upgrades the last one you purchased.

And yea, I hit a wall at ~330 also but once you break past that wall and get just a bit stronger the game opens up and I went from ~350 to a run that is pushing 700 and still going strong.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

AFK + ALL upgrades all buddies while prioritizing the buddy that you clicked to start the process I think. There are higher buddies but I always see slayer getting upgraded first. I dunno

It think it works how Sage Grim explained, buddies

But it could also work the way the other guy said, it waits to upgrade everything. shrug

This post actually provided no information, woops.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 24, 2016

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Any recommendations on good skills to upgrade?

Also, even at higher tiers, I get stuck on level 2825, etc. Freaking goblins.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Garfu posted:

AFK + ALL upgrades all buddies while prioritizing the buddy that you clicked to start the process I think. There are higher buddies but I always see slayer getting upgraded first. I dunno

It think it works how Sage Grim explained, buddies

But it could also work the way the other guy said, it waits to upgrade everything. shrug

This post actually provided no information, woops.

Yeah, the formula it's presumably using to determine when to upgrade and what for ALL + AFK is really funky but I've come to expect that from indie games. :v: For the most part it'll concentrate funds on your selected hero and then something changes in the environment and it'll spread out that money to the rest of the crew.

Anyway, good skills to upgrade tend to be things that concentrate on the heroes doing the heavy lifting (turn on DPS to have a look see the percentages across all your heroes, your clicker/thief excluded because that depends on you rather than the game), global modifiers and actives + that skill that extends your skill timers when bosses are killed that Garfu mentioned earlier.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

For me the timer extender was the last relic I got in the first set, probably ignore crit upgrades and hero/thief/demon upgrades for now and focus on damage upgrades. If you have ones that affect your Mythril income then get some levels in those. The skills are very good so remember to use them. If you get "stuck" put the upgrade thingy to "promote" and go trough your list upgrading some buddies, like mentioned earlier.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Cinara posted:

AFK + ALL upgrades all heroes, AFK + anything else only upgrades the last one you purchased.
Well that's certainly counter intuitive.

EDIT: Oh my god this plus the time extender changes everything :ssj:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 24, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Demicol posted:

For me the timer extender was the last relic I got in the first set, probably ignore crit upgrades and hero/thief/demon upgrades for now and focus on damage upgrades. If you have ones that affect your Mythril income then get some levels in those. The skills are very good so remember to use them. If you get "stuck" put the upgrade thingy to "promote" and go trough your list upgrading some buddies, like mentioned earlier.
Yeah, not getting the timer extender to drop kinda blows. I'll get it eventually, but for now, guess we'll keep resetting at 330ish.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Which game is king poo poo of gently caress mountain right now? I've just been playing Reactor Idle and I need a change.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, not getting the timer extender to drop kinda blows. I'll get it eventually, but for now, guess we'll keep resetting at 330ish.

I was well past 2000 before I got the extender. If that's the only one you're missing, then you should be getting way past 330.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I started the standalone Infiroad on my computer this morning but now I'm at work and I just want to go play with it :negative:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea I was getting blocked at 2500 before I got the extender. It alone pushed me several thousand levels higher.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

PRADA SLUT posted:

Which game is king poo poo of gently caress mountain right now? I've just been playing Reactor Idle and I need a change.

We all love the buddies.

Infiroad and Factory Idle are pretty much it right now.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Factory Idle sucks balls.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

im in on shonen idle z and crush crush which are garbo but w/e

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ok, so what do I need to be upgrading to get past this wall around wave 30k in Infiroad? I'm making some slight progress but not much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Find (as in on the list, because you probably have them) the one's that give entire team HP & ATK, I was stuck around there and all of a sudden flew to 60k when I found those relics.