Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My impression is that EG would just find some new Tier 2/pubstar guy to play carry for them like they did with Sumail rather than go through the whole lovely Bulba/Aui thing again. But I don't know poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

EG.Attacker

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Peterpandam/status/768484408575660034

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Goetta posted:

My impression is that EG would just find some new Tier 2/pubstar guy to play carry for them like they did with Sumail rather than go through the whole lovely Bulba/Aui thing again. But I don't know poo poo.

Well EG seemingly have a full roster, unless Universe Sumail or Zai leave the team. I'm thinking of PPD's new team, whatever that is. I assume he won't join a pre-existing team, or if he does it'll be the organization only and the new roster will be whoever he handpicks

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't ppd is going anywhere. Has anyone but some dude on a forum somewhere said that?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

EE is making his own team. ppd should join it imo

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
eg.frook

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Goetta posted:

I don't ppd is going anywhere. Has anyone but some dude on a forum somewhere said that?

5-s is a longtime (like dota1 inhouse leagues) pro-adjacent player so he is better positioned to know than anyone else spreading rumors. If it were just a total rando I wouldn't have posted the link.

He is also saying Miracle to liquid, bulba to liquid as support http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/players-and-teams/495594-team-liquid-discussion?page=92#1832

Says PPD was voted out of EG http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/512822-2016-post-international-roster-shuffle-thread?page=34#667

If all of this poo poo turns out to be false I will eat the proverbial crow, but it's the best info anyone has afaik

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

This is just INSANE to me.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

sumail being a child and universe already leaving once i can see both of them voting him out. with fear taking a break his opinion probably doesn't matter so either majority ruled or zai also doesn't like him, who knows.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

mikeraskol posted:

This is just INSANE to me.

It's that divide between what we can see and what might actually be happening, like in any major sport where sometimes certain difficulties in team chemistry don't come out til the player is gone (like Papelbon playing pro-Trump songs on the stereo in the Nats clubhouse). Results aren't everything and can't take priority over getting along forever

Hope we get to hear some juicy TI6-era EG drama once the rosters settle :yum:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Cr1t played the 4 on OG right? I'm just confused on how a Zai/Cr1t support pairing works, which one is the shot caller and 5. Seems like they are banking a ton on Cr1t.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

How do you vote out the guy who is literally the reason your team even exists

this is very similar to a bunch of ten-year-old kids voting their parents out of the house for several reasons

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just assumed PPD was tied to EG as captain the same way Puppey is to secret. It's "their" team and all 4 of you go make another if you want out I'm keeping the name.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
ALL IS DESPAIR

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

He didn't seem very salty on his vlog and tweeted yesterday that he's going to PAX with Universe so I can't imagine that there is too much drama even if they're splitting into two squads

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
everyone's just jealous of peters gamer girlfriend!!'

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Ask EE re: No Tidehunter --> Alliance

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

this is very similar to a bunch of ten-year-old kids voting their parents out of the house for several reasons

lol

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
EDIT: Eh gently caress it this thread sucks when people are in petty slap fights

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 24, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

gangnam reference posted:

everyone's just jealous of peters gamer girlfriend!!'

the one he cheated on or the one he cheated w/?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
PPD released a vlog a few days ago talking about ti6 and how he's going to do more videos and stuff and was very happy to see the support for EG at ti.

I honestly don't think he is out or voted out, sounds very stupid.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really love the stupid post-TI breakup drama

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'm kinda hoping the two EG squads rumor ends up being true (One with PPD and one with Arteezy since they can't stand eachother or whatever). Would be interesting.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
so the new Vega Squadron just got a 2-0 against Alliance (without Akke)

might not say much but the play was pretty solid (from Vega) (Alliance threw game one bad)

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Haha what the hell all these rumors are so nonsensical. I hope that the rumor that RTZ starts streaming on twitch again is true and that funn1k pulls a resolution and comes to NA.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kild posted:

lol no way

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

Haha what the hell all these rumors are so nonsensical. I hope that the rumor that RTZ starts streaming on twitch again is true and that funn1k pulls a resolution and comes to NA.

RTZ is going to start streaming on twitch next month.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

RTZ is going to start streaming on twitch next month.

Hooray someone else to watch besides Attacker and random russian cam girls

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Just watch league it's basically the same game

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
here's something to distract us all for now:

https://esports.yahoo.com/not-brief-timeline-current-league-000000257.html

quote:

The League of Legends esports scene is a mess right now.

In the past few months, tensions between Riot Games and team owners within the LCS have been rising. There is a rift (sorry) between the owners and Riot due to disagreements about how the LCS and the rest of League esports should be run. Riot has a history of doing whatever they want and when they want to do it, and the owners aren’t terribly happy about it. Whether it’s Riot’s tendency to release game-changing patches at questionable times, the alleged low pay of players and talent, or simply the way that they communicate with the scene, the grievances have piled up and we’re reaching what appears to be a boiling point.

A few weeks ago, Riot Games dropped Patch 6.15. The update to League of Legends effectively removed the option to lane swap, a staple strategy in high level competitive League of Legends. The changes were met with resistance from players, analysts, and team owners alike, leading to an interview with Team SoloMid owner Andy “Reginald” Dinh voicing his complaints by way of an interview with theScore eSports. When Riot co-founder and CEO Mark Merrill responded on Reddit, the firestorm began. Tweets, blogs, vlogs, and every other form of media lit up with responses, most of them negative. It’s been a difficult week for League of Legends.

So how did we get here? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. We figured it’s time to break down exactly how the scene got to this point.

Continues at the link

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

Two gamer girlfriends in one year? Living the dream....

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

emdash posted:

here's something to distract us all for now:

https://esports.yahoo.com/not-brief-timeline-current-league-000000257.html

Continues at the link

Yeah dude this drama has been pretty sick to follow.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Kainser posted:

I'm kinda hoping the two EG squads rumor ends up being true (One with PPD and one with Arteezy since they can't stand eachother or whatever). Would be interesting.
That happening in SC2 is half the reason Alliance exists. Maybe GGA will bring back Team Tinker.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

A few weeks ago, Riot Games dropped Patch 6.15. The update to League of Legends effectively removed the option to lane swap

Hahaha

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Shuffle rumors are cool and fun until people actually start pretending that they're real just because some shmuck has 1% more insight than the rest of us.

Until moves are confirmed, every team is EE playing every position.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Hope funn1k somehow ends up on a good team, Gleb the Moonlord is too good to die.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't even understand how this works. Do they put up impassable walls between the lanes or something?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

quote:

he update to League of Legends effectively removed the option to lane swap

:eyepop: They're really taking the meta enforcing to the next level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Some of the decisionmaking from riot really makes me wonder how they became so dominant in the first place.

Like, how loving bad must HoN have been for example?

• Locked thread