Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Superior Spiderman may be one of the most efficient melee pieces I've ever played. The Flurry trait he gets combined with Spider verse and the Web trait seems to ensure whatever he hits dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Played in SFOSM Sealed. I pulled both Anti-Venom and Captain Stacey from my boosters. Chose to run with Anti-Venom

Full team was

Speed Demon
Anti Venom
Scorpion
The common Spidey

All punching all the time. I figured I'd get in their face and hope for the best and use the AV replacement on critical attacks to get prob.

Round 1 versus Sinister Syndicate Theme

Venom X 2
Shocker
Beetle

I lost map roll and we played on the bank heist map. They moved up into a little pack with one venom being carried. Anti Venom walked right in and started countering move and attacks. Spidey and the rest moved down slowly. Anti Venom decided that he didn't feel like being hit and made a lot of senses or shape change rolls. It basically turned into a big brawl in the middle of the bank. Speed Demon had a hell of a time with all the plasticity but was able to get around behind and plink beetle and shocker. Spider-Man took out the venoms with AV assist and CCE. Anti Venom got knocked to regen but also got knocked back. He healed to,a support click and missed all his supports on scorpion. Other venom fell soon after though. Spoder-Man and speed demon did the work.

Round 2 versus

Spidey 2011 X 2
J Jonah Jameson
Thug
Betty Brant
Tarantula

Luck of the night in this booster holy poo poo. Lost map again and ended up on the bank. He moved down slow with one Spidey carrying JJ and the other carrying tarantula. I had to throw Anti to the wolves and kill all that prob. Spidey then based the spider-men while speed demon hit tarantula off precision. Spider man proceeded to not make any senses rolls and get murdered. I took away one prob and the others invuln and managed to hit the invulnless one for 4 with Scorpion. Anti Venom went for JJ but missed. He tried to run but couldn't break from the plasticity. The one I had hit for 4 ran to another spot. Anti Venom killed JJ's defense and hit which he masterminded to Betty. Tarantula bladed Scorpion. JJ fell next turn to speed demon. Anti Venom changed blades exploited an 18 invuln and hit for 3. That hit him onto a flurry precision outwit click. Speed demon missed 11 on 17 to knock him off it. Anti venom then got murdered. With a scorpion perplex assist speed demon KO'd the 4 damage flurry spider man. Scorpion then died. Speed demon then got the thug and it cam down to Spider-Man 2011 versus speed demon. I could push and he couldn't so I squeaked out a win versus a ridiculously good team.

Round 3 versus

Ares.
Stilt man with 2 extensions.
Tarantula

I lost map roll again and we played on the friendly neighborhood. I know ares gets precision and thought he was immune to anti venom but after looking at his trait again right now he actually wouldn't have been since anti venom isn't outwitting. Oh well.

He passed his first turn as he always does the dude hates going first but loves picking map. I also passed because it's not like he was going to cross the board in a turn. He had stilt man carry ares while tarantula leaped up. I had Spider-Man grab a heavy and move over to the next roof with anti venom right behind. Speed demon moved down the side. We both cleared. He had stilt man bring tarantula down to base Spidey and anti venom. Ares moved and based speed demon. Scorpion did a sidestep, speed demon rolled to break hypersonic and rolled a 1. That wasn't great. Anti venom killed precision and quake on tarantula and stilt man. He then hit stilt man who took off a leg and rolled a 1 to take 1. Ares pushed to try and hit Speed demon. 12 on 20 and missed. Stilt man cleared and tarantula missed. Spidey tried to break to move down and base ares (I wanted to use the object and CCE to force 3 past his invincible) but missed the breakaway. Scorpion moved next to speed demon and did an 11 versus ares 19 with all CCE to damage. First attack missed but the prob from superior to the other guys made it a hit. Speed demon broke successfully but missed ares. Stilt man tried to hit venom but missed. Tarantula cleared as did ares. I had Spider-Man just hit tarantula for 6 and KO him. Anti venom nailed stilt man and he lost his last leg but did not take damage. Ares hit scorpion hard with a crit. Stilt Man also hit anti venom for 3. He was taken down by a CCEing spider man. Ares charged scorpion but missed. Scorpion perplexed up speed demons damage and he hit ares. All cleared. Scorpion ran away with leap and we played a game do spider man is going to block your way to the roof and you have to deal with his 3-6 senses. He ran up the back because he could push and I couldn't. Lost scorpion to ares. Spidey missed a charge. Speed demon hit but he rolled Impervious. He then tried to hit Spidey with blades. I rolled a 2 on senses but he rolled a 1 on blades and that sealed the game, as Spidey then hit a 5 damage CCE and speed demon finished him off.

Final thoughts were that Anti-Venom surprised me with his usefulness but overall I think he's way too fragile as he's one bad roll away from mediocrity but goddamn if he can stay top dial he can do some work. Speed demon also was rock solid with his AV trait and speed shadow. Never took a click of damage as anti-venom commanded all the attention.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Played in a SFOSM sealed event tonight. I wound up running a team of:

Devil Dinosaur
Anaconda
Vulture
Green Goblin
Mary Jane

The idea being that Anaconda ties people up, Devil Dinosaur pops out Rockabilly MODOKs, and Goblin and Mary provide support. Vulture taxis and does close work.

Round 1 against a newer guy:

Cloak
Dagger
Sandman
NYPD Officer
J. Jonah Jamison
Shocker

I went to the Neighborhood, thinking all of the elevated would help. In reality, it just main positioning a pain and limited Anaconda's tie-up capability. I set Vulture, MJ, and Goblin up mid-map, giving Vulture an 8 swing. Anaconda phases into an alley. Devil Dino lumbers. His Cloak carries Dagger four spaces into some hindering for some reason, and spends three turns slowly parking his booted figures in hindering. Rockabilly MODOKs pop out, then swarm from the rooftops with Enhancement support from the Goblin. Anaconda phases in and ties up his entire team, turning it into a shooting gallery. I only wind up losing Anaconda, as he can't keep up with the damage output of no-cost characters that I don't care about pushing to death.

Round 2 against:

Morlun
Overdrive
Betty Brant
Scorpion

He wins map, and we go to the bank. Overdrive turns a newspaper box into a car, and dances Betty around. My team lumbers up midfield. He pushes Betty to Perplex, then carries his team to a side room. Anaconda phases to the middle of the map, tying down his Morlun. Devil Dino manages to lumber up far enough to pop Betty and take her out. Vulture charges in on Scorpion and whiffs, then gets a retaliatory strike of 5 damage because of Empower from Morlun and the vehicle. Goblin, with Perplex support to damage, wings Scorpion, and Vulture finishes him off. Overdrive's vehicle carries Morlun up next to Anaconda and MJ. MJ breaks, and Goblin pushes to pop the vehicle. Anaconda phases away and punches Overdrive, keeping Morlun locked down. Morlun fails a break, then Devil Dino pops out the MODOK squad, who makes use of Enhancement from Goblin to send him down to his mid clicks. He popped around next to Devil Dino, and tried to hit the Goblin, who just masterminded damage onto a MODOK. The last of the MODOKs pushed to death to put Morlun onto his Regen clicks, and Devil Dino punched him to death.

Round 3 against:

Mephisto at his cheap dial
Common Spider-Man
Ares at his cheap dial
Power Man and Iron Fist

He won map, and we went to the bank. I positioned the same as before, and he marched Ares and Spider-Man into the offices. Mephisto and PM&IF Sidestepped up. Anaconda moved up to the center of the board, blocking the offices, and MJ and Goblin bumped her Defense up. The duo switched to Iron Fist's dial, Sidestepped up, then Mephisto bumped Anaconda next to them, and was promptly exploited onto her Poison clicks. A click of Poison later, and Vulture swooped in to finish them off with a 4 blades. Spider-Man finished Vulture off, and then the MODOKs came out. One popped Mephisto, KOing him and getting Mystics'd out of existence. Anaconda smacked Spidey for 3, and Goblin finished him off. After that, Anaconda locked Ares down, and the MODOK squad ended it.

MVP of this event was Anaconda, hands-down. Sidestep plus her phasing plus her traited lockdown means that you can pretty effectively neutralize any pieces that lack range. Devil Dinosaur also wins for being able to provide swarms of minions that are both effective and disposable.

Also, is anyone looking for a Kraven Prime? I only need to get a Spider-Man Noir to finish out the pieces I care about.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Had my first Spidey today, ran a Sinister Syndicate team of:

Doc Ock
Hobgoblin
Green Goblin
Vulture
Thug

Round 1 vs Cloak, Kingpin, Hobgoblin, Carnage. I won map and picked the Neighborhood, moving my guys up the rooftops since he didn't have much by range so I wasn't concerned about getting shot. He clears and my guys Sidestep forward some more, and I bait Carnage with Goblin and the Thug; he takes it and goes for Gobbie, only managing a 2 blades so I opt for the hit on Norman. Ock Sidesteps down and prepares to four arm attack him but he makes Shape Change, so Hobbie sidles forward and positions to blast him for 4 thanks to Gobbie'd Enhancement. Vulture Charges but whiffs the attack. His Kingpin and Hobbie move up and Carnage misses an attack on Vulture, then Green Goblin misses and we both clear. His Hobgoblin hits Vukture, but Carnage misses by 1 thanks to Vulture's trait. Ock goes for another attack and misses all four, while Hobgoblin Sidesteps to knock Kingpin off Outwit. He clears, I clear, and he hits Green Goblin for 1 with exploit and puts him on Super Strength. Ock makes another try and misses all four goddam attacks again. Finally I'm done with it and push Hobbie to shoot and KO Carnage with Perplex help, then Outwit his Hobbie's Shape Change and smash him with a heavy from Goblin. Then it's just clean up on the rest.

Round 2 vs Miles, Ben, Spider-Girl, MJ, and Vulture, so close to a Spidey Family theme. I opted for the bank with map roll this time, then moved up inside the cubicles. He positioned his figures and we both cleared, but he'd left Vulture just close enough that I could Perplex up Hobgoblin's range and snipe him for 4, then I moved the Thug to block LoF. He attempted to shoot Hobgoblin with Spider-Girl but Shape a change forced him to shoot the Thug, then he successfully Spider-Verse summoned Ben to take a shot on Hobgoblin, but again was forced to take out the Thug. Hobgoblin retaliated on Ben and my Vulture swooped in to take him out, then his Vulture came up and based my crew. I made a breakaway Sidestep with Ock to do a four arm attack as now I had all his figures but MJ in range; I first attacked Spider-Girl hitting her twice, he Shape Changed Miles so I killed Vulture, then Spider-Girl made her Super Senses on the last attack. But since I'd hit her twice Spider-Girl was at -2 defense so I countered Senses and had Goblin KO her. Miles attempted to shoot the Goblins but missed. Ock countered Combat Reflexes and I pushed Goblin to use Outwit via Ock's power to counter Shape Change, then Vulture swooped in and landed a hit with a 6 blades for game.

Round 3 vs Morlun, Spidey Noir, two Thugs. We were on the neighborhood and both slowly moved up the rooftops, but I'd placed objects at every ladder so Morlun was having a rough go. Eventually he was close enough that I could push Vulture to Charge, so I moved Ock down to counter Impervious, Perplexed up Vulture's attack, and Charged carrying Norman, landing a four damage blades after a theme prob. Morlun whiffed his followup by one, and Noir moved forward. Hobgoblin killed a Thug and I countered Invuln to then Sidestepped to use four arm attack with Ock, landing two hits to KO Morlun and the other two on Noir. Noir managed to kill Vulture, then I missed all my attacks and cleared. He cleared, then Ock did his thing and KO'd both Noir and the second Thug.

Final thoughts: the Syndicate pieces in this set gel together really well. Everybody had a use and I didn't feel I had a wasted figure once. Thugs are an incredible cannon fodder piece with a dial just long enough to require an opponent to waste two actions to KO them with most pieces. Vulture is amazing with that Trait, especially as he's so pushable to that click 2 Combat Reflexes. Green Goblin didn't do a lot on his own but a secondary attacker with support powers is never unwelcome. Hobgoblin was good as my main ranged piece; I never actually got to see his power in action as I either made Shape Change or KO'd the thing with the marker on it before it would ever trigger. And Ock was very impressive, he'd seemed like a poor man's LE Ock to me but he provides a different enough role via his damage power and being able to punch through people to be unique and fun.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
We did our usual auction sealed this weekend, with a case of Superior Foes, and a couple random boosters of other things. $30 buy-in gets you a $5 bidding pool, and then we go through the boosters one by one, bidding on first pick from the contents of a booster, and so on, then you build a 300-point team from what you bought. I went in with the intent of buying myself a team of Serpent Society, but someone else had the same idea, which lead to prices more inflated than I was willing to pay. Highest bids were on the two SR Spider-Men that got pulled, both of which went for about $2.80, with Morlun and a SLoSH Validus both going for over $2.

I ended up fielding Devil Dinosaur, Stilt Man with 6 leg extensions, Norman Osborn with the Goblin on his card, and Kingpin. Plan was for colossal Stilt Man to be able to carry Devil Dinosaur around (mostly because it was funny), Kingpin to hang back and Outwit through Norman, which effectively gave Norman two Outwits, Perplex, and Enhancement top-dial.

As luck would have it, round one was against the guy who bought the Serpent Society team - he was running Cottonmouth, Mamba, Anaconda, Death Adder, and a Thug. He's a very new player, and this was just his fourth game ever, so it was mostly a teaching experience, but it helped me to get the feel for things on my team.

Round two, I got called away for work, so I had a friend run my team for me. I got back in time to watch the last fifteen minutes or so of the game. He was up against Spider-Gwen, Jameson, Tarantula, Speed Demon, and something that had been KO'd by the time that I got there. From the sound of it, Gwen had been hit with Blades for 5, which put her right on her special defense power and popped right back to click 1, but Devil Dinosaur was proving unhittable. I got there right in time to see Stilt Man colossal retaliate over to hit Tarantula and land in perfect position to Quake the entire team. Lots of back-and-forth rolling eventually saw my boys pull it out.

I was back in the saddle for round three, which was against full-point Validus and the Black Cat. Bit of a dance to begin with, since he won map roll and took us outdoors, where he vastly out-ranged me, but Validus starts on Charge, so I was able to stay out of the threat range and set up to start TKing Drop Bears at him. He decided not to play that game, and just dropped them both right into the middle of my cluster, counting on that big defense to hold out. I did whiff on the first couple attempts, but managed to tag him with Stilt-Man for 3. He got the free Pulse Wave off the next turn, hitting everybody but the one Drop Bear that I had started to move up for 2, then finished off Osborn. I whiffed on a couple shots, but Stilt-Man's retaliation landed, and then he hauled Kingpin out of the danger zone. Devil Dinosaur took another Pulse Wave, but luckily, his defense power can't be ignored, so he tanked through it. Then the last remaining Drop Bear pushed to Charge on in, and landed a Blades for 5 to take the giant down. Then it was just a matter of time before the Black Cat fell.

So, I took first, with a little help from my friends. I took Spider-Noir from the prize pool, and he looks amazing. Devil Dinosaur and Stilt Man are the kinds of figures that are just right up my alley, and I'm going to have to fight to not over-play them.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I grabbed two boosters last night and snagged Power Man/Iron Fist and Ares, so if I can turn that not-duo into Baron Zemo I'll basically be done with this set.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sanschel posted:

I grabbed two boosters last night and snagged Power Man/Iron Fist and Ares, so if I can turn that not-duo into Baron Zemo I'll basically be done with this set.

I think I'm going to end up buying the rares/SRs I want online instead of gambling with boosters. The rare villains are all tremendous, but I just can't keep piles of useless loving commons like Jonah, Betty, MJ, etc., or the sketches.

At first, I was irritated by the sketches, but now, they're this weird thing that I haven't formed a real opinion on. I might play an all sketch team at some point, but I don't know what to do with them.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Red posted:

At first, I was irritated by the sketches, but now, they're this weird thing that I haven't formed a real opinion on. I might play an all sketch team at some point, but I don't know what to do with them.

Personally, I don't care too much (outside of the Hydro-Man, because you lose the awesome translucent blue bits), because they play the same either way, they just look wonky. Some of them even look pretty good, like Vulture, where all the detail really lets the wash sink in and make them pop. Some of them even look better, in my opinion, like Mephisto. The standard is very flat, despite having a lot of detail, but the sketch really comes out nicely...apart from his horrific neck seam.

I really wish they'd selected a few of the higher-detail figures to do the sketch bits with, though, because some of them just look awful. Mr. Hyde just looks dirty, since his model lacks the details for the wash to grab on to.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have a Morlun I'd like to turn into Superior Spider-Man.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

new rules from wizkids regarding sidelines and visible dials on cards

http://heroclix.com/uncategorized/heroclix-rules-addendum-visible-dials/

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Morand posted:

new rules from wizkids regarding sidelines and visible dials on cards

http://heroclix.com/uncategorized/heroclix-rules-addendum-visible-dials/
Why was that second rule necessary? Were people bringing Galactus on their sidelines just for intimidation purposes? And what possible good did it do, let alone being disruptive enough to need a ruling?

Also I got my case today and I'm very happy. Spider-Punk as my chase, Devil Dinosaur, Spider-Gwen, sketch Morlun, Doc Ock, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, Ares, and Anti-Venom , plus I'm only Puff Adder and Moon Knight away from a complete CUR set. At the pre-release I traded for a Spider-Knight and pulled Spider-Man 2211 and Captain Stacy, so that's both chases I wanted and all the SRs I really wanted, although looking at the setlist afterwards drat this set is stacked on SRs, there's still some good ones I don't have.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'll probably wind up just buying the few things I need; besides Hydro Man I don't see any of the SRs I want staying at more than $15 a pop.

Speaking of Hydro Man, there is some hosed up things with pulling that figure. I saw two pulled yesterday; one had a Sandman card and no clixFX marker, the other came with a water marker but had a Sandman card and the base and dial were Mr Hyde with the Hydro Man sculpt attached. Add to that a brick with two chases; a brick with seven sketch variants; and a case with seven SRs, two of which were regular Kraven, and four duplicate Rares but only four sketch variants across all 20 boosters and there's some wonky poo poo happening with the packaging of this set.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Why was that second rule necessary? Were people bringing Galactus on their sidelines just for intimidation purposes? And what possible good did it do, let alone being disruptive enough to need a ruling?

It's to stop future shenanigans where people have figures on their sideline for the sole purposes of having cards on hand to be able to check dials of things that may be on their opponents team

On a different note, I have a game coming up. Here's the description:

Make the craziest 500 pt. theme team possible.

Examples like Superman on a Avengers team or Iceman on the Suicide Squad? Things like that are what we want so make it happen.
Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and best theme team.

Behold the "Sometimes the rules are stupid X-Men"

Chase Magneto
50 point Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine
G.W. Bridge
25 Point Poison Ivy
100 point prime Superman
Symbiote Special Object

Magneto makes GW bridge an X-Man. GW recruits in Ivy as a member of the six pack who then gives her keywords to superman. It's the dumbest thing I could come up with.

Morand fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 18, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

My only suggestion is to replace the three 50 point xmen with two Thugs and one 55 point Xmen (Sunfire or Kitty +prime) and a Great Eagle.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I don't care much for the sketch variants, but I got a Sketch Thug. I'm thinking about keeping that around so he is actually Coked-Up Thug.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

My only suggestion is to replace the three 50 point xmen with two Thugs and one 55 point Xmen (Sunfire or Kitty +prime) and a Great Eagle.

OH MY GOD! I completely forgot about thugs! Done and done!! I don't have great eagles though

On a side note, tonight I watched devil dinosaur murder Ares with drop bears

Edit: New stupid rules team!

Magneto
55 point Sunfire
GW Bridge
2 Thugs
Beyonder at 100
Prime Superman
A symbiote object

Edit:

Alternate stupid rules. These thugs open up so many extra stupid options.

Magneto
55 point Sunfire
GW Bridge
2 Thugs
Dr. Demonicus
Prime Superman
A symbiote object
X-Men:Blue ATA on everyone

Morand fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 19, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It just occurred to me you can't use the prime Sunfire as an add-on since you're using Superman, though it just means a few more points to work with.

My buddy and I have been spitballing Thug uses; my favorite is with Baron Strucker as cheap fodder to give your more useful figures stat bonuses, he's fond of the Civil War Namor giving them +1 attack.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

There's a Spider Punk chase figure!? I wonder if Vulpes Vulpes knows.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

It just occurred to me you can't use the prime Sunfire as an add-on since you're using Superman, though it just means a few more points to work with.

My buddy and I have been spitballing Thug uses; my favorite is with Baron Strucker as cheap fodder to give your more useful figures stat bonuses, he's fond of the Civil War Namor giving them +1 attack.

I will probably just drop him for 50 point storm then. Perplex and free smoke cloud is more useful

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I've gotten some of this set now, including Chameleon and Kraven. I've noticed there's a lot of sculpt reuse. I've also just noticed there seem to be a lot of poses involving an apparent pelvic thrust. Just on the side of the box Doc Ock and Venom seem to be doing some sort of bro-thrust.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 500 points, everyone on your team must be a martial artist.

I read the batman/ninja turtles crossover. There was only one choice

WF FF Batman - 100
Free Weapon Drop item
Damian Wayne - 50
Batman Family ATA X 2 - 8
Splinter - 40
The chase turtles - 300

I love the ninja turtles so goddamn much.

Round 1 versus Hydra

Taskmaster
Silver Samurai
Golden Claw
Deadpool Kingpin
Hand Ninja
The hydra ATA that lowes perplex prob and outwit range

i won map roll and chose the black mercy map. I loves me some hindering. I forgot that Kingpim gives ignore hindering though and taskmaster oneshot poor Damian. Batman decided that beating a hand ninja was beyond his capabilities as the ninja beat him senseless. The turtles though, even with Mikey rolling 2 crit misses, once they got close to the hydra guys they wrecked them. Raphael did get mind enslaved by golden claw, but the -1 to his values were offset by splinter bonuses. The turtles gradually did their thing while batman missed everything.

Round 2 versus the shooty martial artists.

David Cain
Arrowette
Blackbat
OP Kit Green Arrow
AA Hawkeye
Kate Bishop

I won map roll and threw us on the black mercy map again. That was basically it for his team. Damian did die again to black at and Hawkeye, but the turtles used the cover to slowly move up and pick things off one by one. His inability to see me basically decided it.

Round 3 versus Avengers

AOU Iron Fist
AA Ronin
AA Black Widow
Hawkeye
OP Kit moon knight

I won map again. My dice left scorch marks on the table this game while he crit missed on both flurry attacks with ronin. Not too much to say when you can't miss and they can't hit.

God I love the turtles. I've officially played them more then any other figures I own.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand I may steal that team for tomorrow, I have too many 500 point teams in my head but drat if that don't look fun.

Joker and Riddler were previewed from Joker's Wild: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558595&page=47

Joker is a good plinking damage piece that provides Perplex and rerolls, while Riddler essential provides 3 uses of Outwit for 50 points. And I thought the SLoSH one was ridiculous.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I got to play for the first time in ages today.

Speed Demon rolled 4 straight 1s in breakaway attempts, which kinda fit Superior Foes. Still managed to beat the Foot Clan.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Morand I may steal that team for tomorrow, I have too many 500 point teams in my head but drat if that don't look fun.

Joker and Riddler were previewed from Joker's Wild: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558595&page=47

Joker is a good plinking damage piece that provides Perplex and rerolls, while Riddler essential provides 3 uses of Outwit for 50 points. And I thought the SLoSH one was ridiculous.

It's actually really hard to find a batman with the martial artist keyword, you'd think it would be standard on all batman but nope. The weapon drop really helps that batman a ton though, gives him a bunch of options.
Honestly though I'll take any excuse to play the turtles. I love the turtles so much.

I love what they're doing with the value sharing TA's that they started with the superior foes. It's a neat little buff to differentiate these versions from all the other versions we've got. I like it alot.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anybody else got a bunch of Stilt Men pieces that can't connect up? Bought 3 along with the rest of the set and none of the leg pieces attach to the base at all, they have little patterns that seem to make it like only one way fits but every single one is off slightly so none of them fit together.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Anybody else got a bunch of Stilt Men pieces that can't connect up? Bought 3 along with the rest of the set and none of the leg pieces attach to the base at all, they have little patterns that seem to make it like only one way fits but every single one is off slightly so none of them fit together.

Yeah, they're keyed for some reason, though I have no idea why. Paint can either get onto the pegs or into the slots, and it can cause serious issues because of how fine the tolerance is on it relative to paint thickness. Same issue with the wash getting into the slots on the sketch variant. I had a few that were super gummy and I had to take a small round file to the slot to clean it out, but I expect if you're careful a thumbtack or needle file could work, too.

Now if only there were a way to solve the problem of a 22-high Stilt-Man slowly falling over.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

The things are like puzzle pieces.

I got my Stilty to fit together just by trying random pieces in different orders, and working them in.

I might try running the leg pieces under hot water, then piecing them together while malleable.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

thebardyspoon posted:

Oh my God yes, none of them fit. I can make lovely joins to Stilt-Man himself work, but loving nothing actually fits to the base.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I was curious if Old Stilt-Man's legs fit with the New Stilt-Man's legs, but it seems even New Stilt-Man's legs don't fit with New Stilt-Man's legs.

I managed to get it together enough to play him yesterday, but it's very fragile. Pick him up by the base and not his immense sculpt.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I might sand down the pegs/carve out the holes a little bit and then glue those tiny magnets you can buy for miniatures into the pegs/slots and his base.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

What are everyone's thoughts on 049 Spider-Man?

I like it, but it's still not THE Spidey dial I think we should have.

He's really good (especially for 100 points), but he also looks easy to KO. I don't expect him to have reducers, but still - the guy should be annoyingly hard to hit.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Red posted:

What are everyone's thoughts on 049 Spider-Man?

I like it, but it's still not THE Spidey dial I think we should have.

He's really good (especially for 100 points), but he also looks easy to KO. I don't expect him to have reducers, but still - the guy should be annoyingly hard to hit.

He's done very well for me when I've played him, even when he's crit missed on his opening swing. Being able to get a 12/6 swing on a tentpole on turn 2 is huge with newer figures, and he gets absolutely neutered by Plasticity, but maintains his usefulness after taking a hit. The webbing also helps if you don't smear someone immediately off the board. I can't complain much- he definitely feels like a Spider-man, what with the glass jaw and all, and it's probably one of my favorites.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Question: what figures have been made who gain their power from a patron deity that demands regular tithes? I'm thinking along the lines of Juggernaut and Moon Knight being powered by Cyttorak and Khonshu and offering them tributes of destruction and blood to keep their powers up. The only other close approximation I can think of would be Hood getting his powers roundabout via Dormammu.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

Question: what figures have been made who gain their power from a patron deity that demands regular tithes? I'm thinking along the lines of Juggernaut and Moon Knight being powered by Cyttorak and Khonshu and offering them tributes of destruction and blood to keep their powers up. The only other close approximation I can think of would be Hood getting his powers roundabout via Dormammu.

- Baron Mordo (Dormammu)
- Mindless One (Dormammu)
- Power Ring (Volthoom)
- Hobgoblin, Jason Macendale (N'astirh)
- Cameron Hodge (also N'astirh)
- Eclipso

I'm less sure about :

- Daimon Hellstrom (Satan)
- Mr. Immortal (Deathurge)
- Black Knight (Sir Percy)
- Sentry (Void - he's just a space monster, right?)

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

The new Brother Blood gets his powers from Trigon, I believe.
Sabbac
Cheetah
Silver Swan

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I don't know if they demand tithes but Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Black Adam are all pretty directly empowered by pantheons who like being sacrificed to.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So tonight was the 500 point bring the weirdest team you can do.

My final team was

Chase Magneto
GW Bridge
Pixie
2 Thugs
Dr. Demonicus
Prime Superman
Symbiote Object

So I was the only one who really built to the spirit of the event. The judge also did Magneto but he used it to bring in another mutant who just didn't have the X-men keyword!

Round 1 versus rulers

Iron doom with Jocasta
AOU Black Panther
SFOSM Mephisto at full

I have no idea how this was a weird theme. I won map roll and chose the prison as I wanted walls for magneto and had completely forgotten about black panthers drat wall stealth. Oh well. Early on there was positioning. I didn't realize that iron doom could outwit everywhere and after moving up and miscounting Panthers swing superman got outwitted and hit for 4. Panther got knocked silly by Hand of 5 but made multiple senses rolls to just not die. Iron doom came up next to Panther. I perplexed down his d and dropped a smoke on him and proceeded to miss all my attacks despite needing 4 or more. Awful die rolls and superman got hit end dial. Magneto also got hit to outwit. Panther fell to scrap though and iron doom did some damage but with 2 outwits it was a very uphill battle. I swarmed Mephisto who hit pixie to support by perplexing his damage to 1. Pixie sidestepped and healed magneto top dial. Thug hit him to his stop click. Magneto hit him to regen. He healed 2. Cerebus came out and hit him back to regen and GW finished him off with CCE.

Round 2 versus Reporters

SFOSM Venom
SFOSM FF? Spidey
FF JJ
Clark Kent
A Lois Lane from one of the superman movies
Red Tornado
Lots of cheap reporters

This I at least thought was funny.
I won map barely and chose hanks lab. He threw venom at me and murdered my thugs but I hand of fived and superman' him right back. The game from there became he'd move something down and magneto would sidestep next to one guy, kill it with scrap and throw scrap at someone else and then get more scrap and repeat. In the end only Lois was left and I had pixie carry demonicus to base her so they could have a slap fight. Demonicus won the slap fight.

Round 3 versus Scientists

SFOSM Doc Ock
Superior Spider Man with Entity
Civil war LE Iron Mannwith Jocasta
001 spider man from foes
Symbiote object
Chase Donatello

He called it the weird avengers. He might have had more but I am forgetting. As I write this recap I realize I forgot the new equip rules as he picked up the symbiote with superior spider man and didn't KO his entity. Oh well.

I won map,and chose the prison. He refused to engage while I played stupid pixie tricks with magneto. I'd carry up my team, bust down walls with Magento, take shots and then run with pixie later. However he didn't miss a single goddamn senses roll the entire game. Eventually I got agressive and moved up the team to base the doc. Magneto killed him with scrap as a free action. Bridge killed the charge of superior. He took out pixie with Donny and iron man. 001 charged GW but missed. Superior shot magneto for 1. Bridge killed 001's super bonus senses and hit him for 2 to regular senses. Magento scrapped him and he made both senses rolls. Superman with a control and perplex boost oneshot Donny. Cerberus moved up to base superior Spidey and regular. Regular Spidey flurried GW and knocked him onto a CR and outwit click. Superior charged Magento with an ultra heavy but I made both impervious rolls. Iron man tries to hit superman but I make my shape change roll. Cerberus pushes and KO's spider man after a senses outwit. Hand of 5 comes out and rest clear. He clears. Outwit senses on spider man and hand if 5 hits for 4 to a different senses click and he proceeds to make 3 senses rolls in a row to avoid scrap and the other flurry. He can't retaliate though as he missed magneto. Superman took 1 from iron man. I killed his senses and hand of 5 killed superior. Iron man then got swarmed and smacked though his stop clicks.

I ended up winning the event outright. The judge was going to do a blind vote for best theme at the end but declared that my team was the only one built with the spirit of the event in mind and gave me the best team prize too. So I managed to get an atom and an Aquaman overall which makes me pretty happy.

Morand fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 26, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Very nice, glad that team worked out so well, Morand!

For that "patron diety" team I like the Silver Swan/Mars and background, plus I'll never otherwise use that figure, so:

UXM U Juggernaut
SFoSM Moon Knight
Hood @ 70
Silver Swan

Comes to 395, with Swan providing a bit of much needed flying Carry and an easy push to Enhancement for Hood/MK to make use of. I could also switch Moon Knight for the monthly LE one if I wanted to use an ATA, since as is there's nothing worth slapping on any of them.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Bebop was previewed and he is just wonderful

http://heroclix.com/teenage-mutant-...lf-shell-bebop/

Turtles just keeps hitting them out of the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

And here's rocksteady.

http://heroclix.com/teenage-mutant-...ell-rocksteady/

The two of them are going to make TMNT Villian teams even more insane. Yes Krang, please heal 2 clicks and remove all your action tokens

• Locked thread