Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

http://amomentincrime.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
This is ARGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D97gwGlMFE

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

This link is hacking my gibson help

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

I'd say something about how other people buying lootboxes doesn't actually affect your ability to enjoy Overwatch either but practically every post you make in this thread is you finding something new to bitch about so I'm not actually sure you enjoy the game in the first place.

Blizzard treating it's customers like poo poo does effect my enjoyment of the game not just this game but others who see success and will copy. When competitive ended I was playing not to have fun but to get lovely loot boxes. It made my experience shittier because I know wanting skins is stupid not very logical and yet I still supported it by playing. f2p is almost universally toxic as poo poo and can easily ruin otherwise fun enjoyable games.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Saralene posted:

This thing is getting on my nerves personally.

Then just ignore it and it will be all over every site when its announced.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Saralene posted:

Yeah, it's no longer in the topic list where it was a pseudo-sticky. The page is still there but the link to it and the timer are gone.

Edit: Looks like http://amomentincrime.com/ has been updated, though. This thing is getting on my nerves personally.

The html has a hidden message which translates, more or less, as "Well done. You already have my key. Hacking this television program was no joke. Wait for what follows."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

You said glass houses, so apparently I did. Spend your money how you want but realize your actions in this case effect others. I don't like companies treating me like poo poo, so I don't give them money. You give them money which tells them their actions are acceptable which means they'll continue to exploit their users

well at least you've earned your red av

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

it's gonna go up 1%-per-day so see you guys after the election

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Geoff Goodman posted:

I just wanted to give you guys a quick update on whats been going on the PTR as far as hero changes are concerned.

We just updated the build so feel free to jump on and check it out, but there is a quick change list of what's changed in this update and in the last few days.

Quick melee has changed a bit so that it should feel more consistent with other abilities. The general philosophy here is that quick melee shouldn't interrupt abilities and visa versa. There are a few exceptions to this rule. Quick movement abilities such as Tracer's Blink, Pharah's Jet Boost or Winston's Leap can work while quick melee is firing, so it isn't canceled in those cases. Ultimate abilities should now all cancel quick melee, since they are more rare special abilities that should have a higher priority.

Hanzo is feeling great on the PTR, and a lot of people have given feedback that he might now be too strong with these changes. The goal of these changes is to allow Hanzo players to feel like they have more control over their shots, and skilled Hanzo players can be much more consistent. While this is certainly true now, it might be a bit too easy to land very powerful shots with the combination of his new projectile speed and his old projectile size. So we've lowered his projectile size by 33% in the update that just went out. Overall Hanzo should still feel much better than he does on live, but check him out with this change and keep sending feedback!

The last change was to Soldier: 76's weapon. In the latest update today, you'll find that his weapon spread behaves a bit differently. In general, you'll notice the weapon starts it's spread a bit earlier but recovers the spread much more quickly. The net result of these changes should improve his effectiveness when burst-firing his weapon, and helps get back into a more accurate state quickly when you've hit max spread. The end result should increase his effectiveness at longer ranges.

Most of these changes just went up about 30 minutes ago so feel free to jump onto the PTR and give feedback! Thanks everyone.

Hanzo projectile hitbox nerf, S:76 spread buff and changes to quick melee cancels (works with ults and zero damage movement skills).

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Duck and Cover posted:

When competitive ended I was playing not to have fun but to get lovely loot boxes.

Sounds like a personal issue tbh.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Timer is now at 3%

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Sounds like a personal issue tbh.

If you think I'm the only one you're an idiot.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Ape Fist posted:

Timer is now at 3%

Gonna give it about a week before we see what this is all leading to. Most likely another stupid arg thing.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Ape Fist posted:

Timer is now at 3%

Please give us an update for each percentile. tia

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ape Fist posted:

Timer is now at 3%
please update every time it goes up a %, tia

^^^ dammit

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Make new heroes only unlockable through loot boxes

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

If you think I'm the only one you're an idiot.

boy you're a pretty angry guy for someone who plays such a fun game. I hope my own purchase of loot boxes enrages you all the further, cool dude

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

pakman posted:

Please give us an update for each percentile. tia

Asimo posted:

please update every time it goes up a %, tia

^^^ dammit

u got it

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

slev posted:

Make new heroes only unlockable through loot boxes

percentage goes up per 1000 loot boxes purchased

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Atoramos posted:

boy you're a pretty angry guy for someone who plays such a fun game. I hope my own purchase of loot boxes enrages you all the further, cool dude
I love how goons will defend blatantly exploitative poo poo. :thumbsup:
thank you, we need the most up to date sombra updates

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Do not criticize The Product

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Asimo posted:

I love how goons will defend blatantly exploitative poo poo. :thumbsup:

There's a difference between defending lootboxes and thinking someone's being ridiculous at their level of care when it comes to vanity crap that costs money in vidyagames

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Another loving countdown.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

sorry let me go buy some dlc maps and characters, things that other full-price games actually do.

oh look at how hardcore I'm defending blizzard forcing people to buy summer boxes if they want a hoard of these items.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mootallica posted:

percentage goes up per 1000 loot boxes purchased

Duck and Cover would have a legit issue to raise with Loot Boxes if true.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

MY ABACUS! posted:

Another loving countdown.

Countup!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I've got no problem with monetizing purely cosmetic effects in theory, but in practice it seems like if your game game makes its money through ongoing purchases beyond release, it's going to affect development and balance priorities -- after all, you want to keep EVERYONE hooked, because they're all potential buyers.

Or maybe they'll discover that whales like certain kinds of games and then the incentive is neither democratic nor competitive/elitist.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 24, 2016

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Atoramos posted:

sorry let me go buy some dlc maps and characters, things that other full-price games actually do.

oh look at how hardcore I'm defending blizzard forcing people to buy summer boxes if they want a hoard of these items.

Yes definitely, release a game with an appropriate amount of content for the price point, then charge for the expansion of the game. This is a nice idea. Unfortunately they released an mp only game with a very limited map selection so there is a ways to go before they should start charging for packs.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Are you all still arguing about the loot boxes that contain items that have no impact whatsoever on gameplay and can in fact be earned simply by playing but can also be purchased issue? Jesus gently caress. Chill thread best thread.

E: and there's even posts disparaging hanjo! For shame.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I've got no problem with monetizing purely cosmetic effects in theory, but in practice it seems like if your game game makes its money through ongoing purchases beyond release, it's going to affect development and balance priorities -- after all, you want to keep EVERYONE hooked, because they're all potential buyers.

Or maybe they'll discover that whales like certain kinds of games and then the incentive is neither democratic nor competitive/elitist.

Yeah this happened to Dota, every patch felt like a billion hats. Heroes of Newerth had new heroes (when you could buy them to get them early) be overpowered with a high frequency. f2p mechanics are toxic to games and almost always would be better without them.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 24, 2016

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Sombra protocol is a new hero for HotS.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Atoramos posted:

This is my take on it. Is it a bit scummy to have lottery based cosmetics? Kinda? But so long as real content continues to roll out for just the purchase price I don't loving care. I refuse to buy any game with gated content that fractures the community, thus essentially forcing purchase. This situations got nothing on cod, bf, or basically every other non counterstrike fps in the last decade.

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Fateo McMurray posted:

Spend your money on what brings you entertainment. Is it a $5 drink at a bar? Go for it! Is it $5 worth of loot boxes? Go for it! Who cares!

Logic! How did you get in here?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In Battlefield I didn't have access to most of the guns in the game and had to grind for them :frogbon:

Fortunately I don't have to grind to unlock Pharas jetpack or whatever

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

and then you unlock those guns and have to grind with them to unlock the attachments for them. the funny thing was that in bf4, generally the base gun was better anyway. you could also spend money to buy random boxes of that garbage! woo!

I'm glad that the only unlockables in this game are cosmetic, and I'm especially glad they didn't make the mistake tf2 did by adding alternate weapons to everyone. I like knowing what I'm up against at a glance

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Did we find out what the latest countdown to 2:30 EST today was about? I'm assuming we're didn't or it was very underwhelming cause a loot box discussing is occurring... was it a count down to loot box information?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Wildtortilla posted:

Did we find out what the latest countdown to 2:30 EST today was about? I'm assuming we're didn't or it was very underwhelming cause a loot box discussing is occurring... was it a count down to loot box information?

http://amomentincrime.com/

Enjoy another countdown!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
gently caress

I'm over hype and countdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Blizzard seems to forgot the part of the ARG hunt where you actually y'know, reveal stuff.