Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
If you read mindphlux's post above the post where he put the picture, you can obviously tell he's (attempting) trolling with the red car post. Which is funny because that car looks absolutely great.

And agreed about wood trim. It looks cheap and lovely and should only be optioned in a 7-series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It was hard to find a car I wanted because every time I saw something pop up, it would have Dog Dick Red interior.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
at least modern red interiors are a lot better than the bloodbath interiors of the 80's and 90's

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I thought the point of 80s red interiors is to hide your nosebleed from all the cocaine.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

mindphlux posted:

goddamnit, such tauntage. I'll ring you when I'm ready to pay 50k for a car. =(

I hate to tell you this but there are a lot more years before those cars depreciate to that level.

Fox red is a great color. Especially when you know there are worse
interiors

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I hate to tell you this but there are a lot more years before those cars depreciate to that level.

Fox red is a great color. Especially when you know there are worse
interiors
drat. I get the blue on blue, but phoenix yellow over blue/black? :barf:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

blue on blue, yay, blue on poo, nay.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'd love to have blue in my car.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
There used to be a deeper selection in this thread of the individual colors people have gotten on E9x's, but here's a decent catalog of the threads that still exist:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270318

And here's some of the individual interior options people have gotten:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524654

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Gonna be honest, I didn't select full leather interior because I didn't want my dash to look like a football helmet. Should just give me the option to make everything black except the seats.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
There's a Santorini Blue and several Imola Red F10 5 series bumping around for sure, the owners had threads on bimmerfest.com....$5k.

Std colors are so boring now, even the first level individual (purple black/brown black/blue black/green black) aka azurite/citrin/carbon etc etc are all basically "black".

These are cool though:

I mean gently caress it if you are going to pay $100k for a new M5 might as well spend $105k right guys?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I can't be the only one that usually dislikes cars that have the same color interior/exterior? My most hated combo has to be a grey interior in a silver car.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:confused: Isn't that just an E9x M3? Am I missing something?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yes, the fact that a 1 year old 4-door M car is not an E9x M3.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are a ton of 2015s on cars.com in the $52-$54k range.

So it's one, one more years until cars depreciate to that level.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Phoenix yellow is more like baby poop yellow. Ugh.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Deal with it, haters.

Looks like I might be picking up this one, too.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Cojawfee posted:

I'd love to have blue in my car.
Who are you, Gargamel?

Ether Frenzy posted:

There used to be a deeper selection in this thread of the individual colors people have gotten on E9x's, but here's a decent catalog of the threads that still exist:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270318
A close friend had a '13 E92 that was a ZCP mint green which I think I've posted here or the awesome thread. It's now owned by another goon that hasn't posted in a while (the alphabetzes or something). That car was gorgeous and the paint code tag was the best part.

fknlo posted:

I can't be the only one that usually dislikes cars that have the same color interior/exterior? My most hated combo has to be a grey interior in a silver car.

Silverstone metallic is fourth on my color preference but no way will I allow for one with matching interior.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

fknlo posted:

It's me, I'm who you hate.

Much better than black interior tho

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

fknlo posted:

You take that back

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Lightbulb Out posted:

Looks like I might be picking up this one, too.

I will not rest until you respray that hellrot, do a 5 lug swap and put a schrick-cammed s52 in that thing. With a 6 speed.

e: oh yeah, m bumpers with LTWs as well.

tia.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

NitroSpazzz posted:

You take that back

:barf:

That color combo was a deal breaker for me when I was shopping for my fun car.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I would rather have grey than beige. Anyone who buys a new car with beige interior should be fired into the sun.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Looking at those colors reminded me of this story about the guy who got the wrong individual color and the shitfit that ensued. Good times.

Also, Dakar > Atlantis > Mint Green > * > Bronzit!!!!!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That was a great story. I remember wondering at the time why the hell he waited until the very end of the run to buy one.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

SuperDucky posted:

I will not rest until you respray that hellrot, do a 5 lug swap and put a schrick-cammed s52 in that thing. With a 6 speed.

e: oh yeah, m bumpers with LTWs as well.

tia.

I accept cash, check, credit cards. 318ti's already have 5 lug though and the appropriate color is brillantrot(which I think that car is - not sure.) It's my brothers who may be giving it to me to drive home from California to my BMW retirement home in Iowa. We'll see. It's lived a hard life but is a pretty decent car overall.

I think my E30 325is would be a more appropriate place for an cammed S52.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

I would rather have grey than beige. Anyone who buys a new car with beige interior should be fired into the sun.

I'm not buying anything new, but tan leather can look great with the right exterior color, like BRG.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I didn't like tan interiors until I got my 318i and it's the greatest because it's not the surface temperature of the sun when left out. Much cooler than the black interior cars.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Lightbulb Out posted:

I accept cash, check, credit cards. 318ti's already have 5 lug though and the appropriate color is brillantrot(which I think that car is - not sure.) It's my brothers who may be giving it to me to drive home from California to my BMW retirement home in Iowa. We'll see. It's lived a hard life but is a pretty decent car overall.

I think my E30 325is would be a more appropriate place for an cammed S52.

Ah, duh, I got my lego progression backwards. Anywho, a twin turbo s52 swapped california top brilliantrot 318ti is what made me fall in love with the e36 so godspeed, goon.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Lightbulb Out posted:

I didn't like tan interiors until I got my 318i and it's the greatest because it's not the surface temperature of the sun when left out. Much cooler than the black interior cars.

that is sort of my thought as well. I don't actively like the interior color of my black / tan 328is, but every time I get into a black on black car sitting in 95 degree weather I'm reminded of how loving horribly miserable things can be.

also my a/c barely works

also my upholstery is falling off the ceiling now, so I feel sort of like a sheikh every time I get into my car/tent/looselyfittedheaddressing

also did I mention I need a new car

:/

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTzG00CbrA

I turned my best lap ever (by 4 seconds) at The Ridge today after disconnecting the rsb on my Z4M today. The rear is so much more compliant now, I get shitloads of drive coming out of corners. gently caress me.

I'm ordering aero now. :getin:

HandlingByJebus fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 26, 2016

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Clearly, orange on orange is where it's at. :colbert:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

HandlingByJebus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTzG00CbrA

I turned my best lap ever (by 4 seconds) at The Ridge today after disconnecting the rsb on my Z4M today. The rear is so much more compliant now, I get shitloads of drive coming out of corners. gently caress me.

I'm ordering aero now. :getin:

Nice driving, that looks like a really fun track...especially that tight section before the front straight. I had always driven the E30's with the stiffest sway bar I could find then we disconnected it during a practice day and I dropped 2.5 seconds on my first hot lap. After that we removed it from the car and haven't looked back.

I have Gruppe A adjustable sways for the race car but I'm going to be really tempted to leave the rear off. Just seem to get a lot more drive out of corners and way better slide control in the rain.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What aero are you gonna do? Join the homemade splitters crew ftw!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

NitroSpazzz posted:

Nice driving, that looks like a really fun track...especially that tight section before the front straight. I had always driven the E30's with the stiffest sway bar I could find then we disconnected it during a practice day and I dropped 2.5 seconds on my first hot lap. After that we removed it from the car and haven't looked back.

I have Gruppe A adjustable sways for the race car but I'm going to be really tempted to leave the rear off. Just seem to get a lot more drive out of corners and way better slide control in the rain.

Yeah I run (ran? since it hasn't run in a year....) my e30 sans swaybar. Someone in here sent me one but I never bought the additional wishbone I needed to hook it up. I've never really needed it.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I saw some BMWs.

20160819-IMG_7660.jpg

20160819-IMG_7662.jpg

20160819-IMG_7359.jpg

20160819-IMG_7149.jpg

20160819-IMG_7058.jpg

20160819-IMG_7053.jpg

20160819-IMG_6977.jpg

20160819-IMG_6979.jpg

20160819-IMG_6927.jpg

20160819-IMG_6831.jpg

20160819-IMG_6819.jpg

20160819-IMG_6826.jpg

20160819-IMG_6924.jpg

20160819-IMG_6996.jpg

20160819-IMG_6994.jpg

Lightbulb Out fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 26, 2016

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Those are beautiful, were was this?

Also, I drove a bronzit e30 in high school and I loved it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Popete posted:

Those are beautiful, were was this?

Also, I drove a bronzit e30 in high school and I loved it.

Looks like Leguna Seca.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Thanks! The track is an absolute hoot.

I will be ripping the RSB out of the car over the winter, as I build the new exhaust, and do the aero, and... my experience with the RSB is definitely similar. Can't believe how much more confident I was coming out of corners, and on transition into / out of slides.

Bape Culture posted:

What aero are you gonna do? Join the homemade splitters crew ftw!

I'm going to buy the APR splitter / wing, and build a diffuser and diveplanes myself out of CF. The bumper on my car is pretty badly hosed up from PO, so I need to decide if I'm going to buy something new, patch it up, build something new, or just rat gently caress it and use rivets to attach the rest of the parts. My long-term goal is to build CF body panels (bumpers, fenders, doors, roof, clamshell) for the car, with DTM-style aero and sheer aggressiveness. And to replace all the glass with Lexan.

And to replace the S54 with an LS7. :getin:

SuperDucky posted:

Yeah I run (ran? since it hasn't run in a year....) my e30 sans swaybar. Someone in here sent me one but I never bought the additional wishbone I needed to hook it up. I've never really needed it.

Based on my experience with the E86, if you're running decently stiff springs in the rear, gently caress the RSB forever and ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I like how you're apparently the only person who has ever taken that compound right-hander about 1/3 of the way through (8a/8b) by going wide on the first curve and shallow on the second, and it gains you like a second :v:

Also that low sun must have made things interesting.

Wish I could track my Z4M around here but it's a roadster :sigh: