Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm up to 155 ish for 5x10 bench this week. It's a million times easier than doing the same reps of squats or deadlifts. Leg days are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why not do more weight and less reps?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah you could probably bench two plates at this point if you didn't try to do 50 reps. Or pretty close to.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oh, I do both. I squat 370x3 last week and benched 245x5. The high rep work comes after the heavy stuff and it's waaay harder than my "actual" work out. Also I forgot to take creatine Monday morning and holy poo poo did that make me feel like a week babby. Didn't realize how much of a difference it was making.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 24, 2016

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm on a down couple weeks from running, probably only 30-50 miles next week, but I'm staying on the pushup and core grind. Only 60 or so pushups per day, 20-30 in the am and 4-5x 10 or so in the pm and I can already feel some of the benefits. I'm even getting some definition in my gut area

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Posting from the ER after deadlift day. Never stop lifting. Never stop salami.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Ayyyyyy I did that one day and I ended up with 12 stitches.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Did baby get a boo boo on his shinny winnys

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Knight posted:

Salami on, goon.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

notZaar posted:

Did baby get a boo boo on his shinny winnys
Passed out standing and collapsed after my workout, unconscious and seizing for about 30 seconds. GF called 911, EMTs found something on the EKG so they've done a chest x-ray and CT.

Shin status is green, slammed my butt on a coffee table tho :butt:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Knight posted:

ate a salami sandwich on sourdough for lunch and wow wouldnt you know it i had an amazing sesh this afternoon

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

lol canada's only national treasure is crumbling to dust

Don't worrying man it's almost roid time

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

have you ever seen this much.... bacne on a man?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Knight posted:

Passed out standing and collapsed after my workout, unconscious and seizing for about 30 seconds. GF called 911, EMTs found something on the EKG so they've done a chest x-ray and CT.

SA's prescription: more salami.

Seriously though, glad you're okay. That's loving scary, hope it wasn't too serious. Let's hope it's a little salami that got loose in your chest cavity.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Knight posted:

Chuck Tingle is running out of ideas

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I feel sick from eating...

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That means you didn't eat enough

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
people who dont finish burritos are freaking scumbags

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knight posted:

Did you get that sort of... light-headed, unreality feeling just before you passed out? That's a good indicator that it's about to happen, next time try to lie down before you actually faint. Either you'll get some extra blood to your head and you won't pass out, or you're already on the ground and are less likely to get injured

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Chinatown posted:

people who dont finish burritos are freaking scumbags

That is hosed up! I hope you bench pressed that mofo as a lesson

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
when i lift weight i just imagine it as a giant burrito

nothin' but a burrito

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

When I first started lifting weights, I used a duffel bag with gravel in it. Quite burrito-like (but do not eat).

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Knight posted:

Heart problems suck. i just had a 24 hour EKG on tuesday.

if they want to put you on beta blockers, ask for nebivolol. it doesn't affect your lungs or hinder blood flow like most of them.
so if your lovely heart ends up killing you at least you go can out lifting.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Defiant Sally posted:

:gary:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The heart is a muscle and needs workin out as well

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Metanaut posted:

Heart problems suck. i just had a 24 hour EKG on tuesday.

if they want to put you on beta blockers, ask for nebivolol. it doesn't affect your lungs or hinder blood flow like most of them.
so if your lovely heart ends up killing you at least you go can out lifting.

I had a 24 hour ekg cause my heart was skipping beats and I was being a whiny bitch about it. Pretended I was Ivan Drago working out with all the wires attached. Good poo poo.

My heart is a maverick renegade but it gets results and I'm considered (physically) fit and healthy.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I get panic attacks that have literally the exact symptoms of a heart attack. Lifting calms the adrenaline down so if I ever have a real one I'll probably blow it off and die.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

The heart is a muscle and needs workin out as well

I know how to increase the reps but how can I increase the resistance? With thick, curdly salami blood? Exrx isn't much help here

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I strained an intercostal muscle and the spasms from that would have made me think I was having a heart attack if I hadn't already had heart stuff happen.

I think I would have preferred a heart attack though as the intercostal kept me up for 4 days straight in intermittent agony.

Never train abs.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

j.peeba posted:

I know how to increase the reps but how can I increase the resistance? With thick, curdly salami blood? Exrx isn't much help here

Get a good friend with the right tools to loop a couple of threads of piano wire around the ol ticker.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Started lifting again after 3 months, due to a hernia operation (S7-D1, new disc). Good news is doc says I can still lift a weight and punch/choke a guy. Bad news is that I gained about 10-15 pounds, and am now a weak-rear end baby. I sacrified a salami to the swolegods.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Dum Cumpster posted:

have you ever seen this much.... bacne on a man?

since i added primo to the mix my acne on my back and shoulders has gotten really bad again after i had got it under control with just test.... 3x showers, changing sheets every few days, shirts every few hours nothing is helping really and i dont want to take accutane so this sucks

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Have you considered not taking roids? If I had to take 3 showers a week I would kill myself.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

If I had to take 3 showers a week I would kill myself.

:goonsay:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

my gym is putting up signs like a house mate who sticks passive aggressive post-it notes to everything

apparently now we can't use the lockers in the changing rooms unless we're showering lol

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

notZaar posted:

Have you considered not taking roids? If I had to take 3 showers a week I would kill myself.

i tried not roids for like 30 years, wasnt my thing

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
So this thread's been running for a couple years now. Is everyone other than the firefighter, emaciated sally, roid dude, and the crossfitter(s) jacked and tan now?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fallows posted:

since i added primo to the mix my acne on my back and shoulders has gotten really bad again after i had got it under control with just test.... 3x showers, changing sheets every few days, shirts every few hours nothing is helping really and i dont want to take accutane so this sucks

I took accutane a few years ago its not so bad

Makes you really dry, but it murders any acne you might have

Pretty good tradeoff

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Dum Cumpster posted:

So this thread's been running for a couple years now. Is everyone other than the firefighter, emaciated sally, roid dude, and the crossfitter(s) jacked and tan now?

i wish, i loving suck dick at weightlifting but it's a fun hobby and makes me a fitter mountain biker :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I bought a house so I've been lifting 2x4's, drywall, toilets, furniture, etc

• Locked thread