Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Davincie posted:

i got dqh and i find myself wishing this had hyper attacks or at least some sort of faster movement options, hope i unlock something like that later

You can sort of warp later. But there is no sprint mode sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBO6sn7W2xo

Game looks so rad.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GIMME!!!

I want to play it now!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Man that looks so good. I hope it doesn't suck but tbh they haven't released a real stinker in a while.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hnnngg....Gimme gimme.

Just please god, let it run properly at 60 fps on PC, please.

EDIT: All I want is bug-free 1080p 60fps on a PC. Please don't gently caress this up.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 8, 2016

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Jibo posted:

Man that looks so good. I hope it doesn't suck but tbh they haven't released a real stinker in a while.

Has it ever gotten worse than Warriors: Legends of Troy?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

FanaticalMilk posted:

Has it ever gotten worse than Warriors: Legends of Troy?

That was made by Koei Canada, to be fair.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Allarion posted:

That was made by Koei Canada, to be fair.

But, to answer the question, no. Even Ken's Rage 2 was better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ken's Rage 2 and Arslan are probably the worst of the recent ish games, Arslan wasn't even that bad really, just even more budget looking than usual.
There's a special hell reserved for whoever designed the first Pirate Warriors story mode though.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, how do I get Linkle's crossbows in Hyrule Warriors? I can't seem to find this information. She started with boots as her weapon, and I can't find any mention of unlocking her crossbows on the internet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh, she should start with crossbows, the boots were added later as DLC so she should have both.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I only have her boots available.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I found out why I only have the boots. It took some digging into DLC details, but I found this:

Gamespot posted:

Link's Awakening Pack (DLC Pack 2):

A new weapon for Linkle (If you have not previously purchased the Legends Character Pack or used the download code provided with Hyrule Warriors: Legends, then you will download a version of Linkle who will only be able to use this new weapon. If you purchase the Legends Character Pack or use the code after downloading this DLC Pack, then Linkle will also be able to use her Crossbow weapon.)

I guess I don't have the Legends pack.

E: Actually, I do, looking at my past purchases. Maybe I forgot to download it? Hmm...
E:E: Oh, I have the Legends of Hyrule pack not the Legends Character pack. Way to have confusingly similar names for DLC, Nintendo.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 10, 2016

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My Liu Bei avatar was an unfortunate casualty of this year's GenCon :china:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

quick dqh question: do accesoires work when you aren't playing that character? ie: can i give the 3 guys im not playing elevating shoes to make then catch up with xp

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Davincie posted:

quick dqh question: do accesoires work when you aren't playing that character? ie: can i give the 3 guys im not playing elevating shoes to make then catch up with xp

It's been a while since I played, but I don't think an accessory does anything when the character isn't in combat.

Edit: To clarify, anyone in your active party counts as "in combat".

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Yea, screw you too, Koei!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Got Orochi Warriors 3 Ultimate on Xbox One because it's free with gold and a friend hinted he wanted to co op it sometime. Why does the co-op buddy have to have beaten a map in story mode in order to join in, but a split screen partner does not? Something to do with how the data is saved for their team?

About how long does it take to beat story mode? I'm thinking I'd like to power through the campaign so I can join him in co-op without having to stress about running into a limit of what I'd beaten.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 14, 2016

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Lotish posted:

About how long does it take to beat story mode? I'm thinking I'd like to power through the campaign so I can join him in co-op without having to stress about running into a limit of what I'd beaten.

I couldn't give you a precise number, but it's quite long. I'd estimate 20-30 hours to do absolutely everything it offers.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh dang. Is that estimate just beating stages or trying to be completionist and getting stuff like ultimate weapons?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Lotish posted:

Oh dang. Is that estimate just beating stages or trying to be completionist and getting stuff like ultimate weapons?

It includes beating every stage (both versions where applicable), not counting bonus objectives for weapons and such. Game is long.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the op is really old. i have a ps4 what's the best available game/is there one coming out that's gonna be good?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sharzak posted:

the op is really old. i have a ps4 what's the best available game/is there one coming out that's gonna be good?

Pirate Warriors 3 and Samurai Warriors 4. Dragon Quest Heroes is also good if you're a fan of Dragon Quest. Berserk is the latest thing that was just announced.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate and Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition have the most content and are pretty solid games.

Samurai Warriors 4 has some of the best gameplay but much less content. Dragon Quest Heroes is a cool, slower, pseudo-tower defense kind of Warriors game. Pirate Warriors 3 is the Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate of One Piece games but your mileage may vary on that RE: One Piece.

Berserk is coming out this Fall in the West, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 at some point???

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Further warning about SW4 if you care about it. The online multiplayer may or may not be borked for you in most circumstances. If it isn't it may randomly BECOME borked for you at some point. I went back to try and play it with a friend again on a whim and while we beat the whole game together when I came back we were only able to do multiplayer in legend of Kanto, Kinki and presumably parts of chronicles mode. If you don't care about online multiplayer go for it its a rather enjoyable game and hyper attacks are the reason why I'm sad going back to play Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate despite my love of some of the characters only in it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
In the same vein, Steam only has SW4-2. I heard it's not that great but I guess that's all I'm gonna get if I want SW? I hear 4 or Empires is better though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
4-2 is basically an expansion pack, and feels like one. It basically has weaker campaigns than SW4, and doesn't have the Chronicle mode either. Otherwise, it has the same gameplay as SW4 and one more character.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sober posted:

In the same vein, Steam only has SW4-2. I heard it's not that great but I guess that's all I'm gonna get if I want SW? I hear 4 or Empires is better though.

It's basically the Extreme Legends expansion they're not allowed to do anymore released as a standalone game. It's not bad per se but has about 1/2 the content of a standard Warriors game.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I still feel like DW7 is a better entry to get started back in with than 8 and don't play DQ Heroes.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Actually play Dragon Quest Heroes, it is extremely Good.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Chaeden posted:

If you don't care about online multiplayer go for it its a rather enjoyable game and hyper attacks are the reason why I'm sad going back to play Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate despite my love of some of the characters only in it.

Same! I just started playing Orochi after finishing up the story mode for S4 and I really miss the hyper attacks. Nearly lost the opening stage because my thumb kept sliding to the triangle button when I was getting mobbed. After a few days I think I've gotten used to it. Having jumped from Dynasty 8 to Samurai Warriors 4 to Orochi 3 I see why some fans are really testy about the "there all the same" dismissal.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

The GIG posted:

Actually play Dragon Quest Heroes, it is extremely Good.

It was ok.

Then you have to play it again.

Then it's pretty awful.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh, hey look. Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII Power-Up Kit

CTRL+F = "Good officer gameplay" not found

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Well, they're saying development is at 60% so they'll surely include more changes.

Either way, I hope it's brought over. Whatever makes the game better as a whole is good.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Hey so the Attack on Titan game is out next week, how did it wind up being received overseas when it came out?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I did not know that this AOT game was a a warriors game.
Gonna check it out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not really, it's probably going to be closer to Omega Force's 'hunting action' game Toukiden.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gameplay reminds me oddly of Mr. Mosquito from some footage.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Tecmo Koei announced their TGS 2016 lineup.

Kou Shibusawa has said he has a "surprise announcement" to make there as well, so hold onto your hats because Dynasty Warriors 9 may finally be incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

:pray: