Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

beedeebee posted:

Watford have bought Jupiler Pro League Golden Boot Sven Kums and then swiftly loaned him to Udinese. Should be somewhere around €10 million.

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

can a serie a watcher tell me about Achraf Lazaar tia

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the mustafi deal is going to drag on until deadline day, isn't it

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Interesting

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

wicka posted:

the mustafi deal is going to drag on until deadline day, isn't it
No it's more likely that you'll not sign him because Valencia have sold all the players they need for FFP

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Perfect

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

No it's more likely that you'll not sign him because Valencia have sold all the players they need for FFP

ornstein still thinks it's likely, otherwise i'd agree

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

wicka posted:

ornstein still thinks it's likely, otherwise i'd agree

What if Mustafi himself prefers Vlencia over Arsenal?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alexeythegreat posted:

i'm no football expert but i imagine in that case he'd stay at valencia

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Bentaleb going on loan to Schalke is official

https://www.twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/768753733635366913

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Alexeythegreat posted:

He Mustafi preference one way or another

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Breath Ray posted:

He Mustafi preference one way or another

lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Claudio Bravo from Barcelona to Manchester City is a Done Deal.

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/768810361638166528

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Who in the gently caress is Claudio Bravo?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I wonder if Hart will be happy as a homegrown backup or if he'll try and get a move somewhere else.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Big Sam said he has to play regularly so he prob will move to keep his endorsements.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Xabi posted:

Who in the gently caress is Claudio Bravo?

Yeah, lol, who is that guy, haha.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Breath Ray posted:

Big Sam said he has to play regularly so he prob will move to keep his endorsements.

Yeah, but who is gonna pay him as much as City does?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Thinking of all the Joe Fart errors he made over the last couple of seasons that someone like Bravo is unlikely to make and the point differences from those games... this is probably a title shifting move.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Is Mustafi Arsenal's big transfer this year?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So according to the BBC gossip column we're after Sofiane Boufal

Never heard of him, anyone know if he's poo poo or not? Tia

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

I wonder if Hart will be happy as a homegrown backup or if he'll try and get a move somewhere else.

Will City have enough homegrown players if Hart leaves? I remember they were having issues with that before they signed Delph and Sterling, but then I stopped paying attention.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Will City have enough homegrown players if Hart leaves? I remember they were having issues with that before they signed Delph and Sterling, but then I stopped paying attention.
It's "trained at the club" players which Hart doesn't satisfy

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

They don't need to have any.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

especially since richard wright has retired after 4 years and 0 matches for the club

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

sassassin posted:

They don't need to have any.

You're the most cycnical poster in TRP, it's interesting to watch

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

straight up brolic posted:

It's "trained at the club" players which Hart doesn't satisfy

I thought it was trained at any English club?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Insanely Sikh posted:

Portugal destroying Wales broke him for life.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I thought it was trained at any English club?

For the Champions League it's four club-trained plus four country-trained plus seventeen from anywhere:

quote:

43.02 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season, two of whom
must be goalkeepers. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for
"locally trained players" and no club may have more than four "associationtrained
players" listed on these eight places on List A. List A must specify the
players who qualify as being "locally trained", as well as whether they are "clubtrained"
or "association-trained". The possible combinations that enable clubs to
comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex G.
43.03 A "locally trained player" is either a "club-trained player" or an "associationtrained
player".
43.04 A "club-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the
season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which
he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with
his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a
period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship
and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or
of 36 months.
43.05 An "association-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the
start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the
season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and
age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same
association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three
entire seasons or of 36 months.
43.06 If a club has fewer than eight locally trained players in its squad, then the
maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Juve appear to be close to a deal for Matuidi, fee is somewhere between €30m to €40m, depending on bonuses.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

trem_two posted:

Juve appear to be close to a deal for Matuidi, fee is somewhere between €30m to €40m, depending on bonuses.
I think that's too much for him, but he's ok

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Milan rejected our bid publicly on their Twitter account in English.

We got the last laugh though, we loaned them a player and gave them first option too.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

surrender posted:

Lucas Perez is Depor's best player (sorry drogadon) and I'm going to be sad if he leaves. He's a local guy and a talisman for the fans, so I'd be worried that he'll turn out to be another Podolski

I'd be OK with that so long as his movement and work rate is better than Podolski's. Podolski scored at least, but his defensive work rate and play in possession were not very good.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I'd be OK with that so long as his movement and work rate is better than Podolski's. Podolski scored at least, but his defensive work rate and play in possession were not very good.

Agreed, as long as he's like Podolski but completely different player then he's welcome any time.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Why haven't the owls signed anyone ffs

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Insanely Sikh posted:

How is it cynical to say that Man City are fine and don't need to buy any more homegrown players if they don't want to?

The rules impose limits to squad sizes, not minimum requirements. If City are happy playing their core squad twice a week plus some kids, that's what they can do.

Every club registers a few shithouses that never play on those forms. They're meaningless.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Portugal destroying Wales broke him for life.

I was an absolute ray of sunshine before that, yeah

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

sassassin posted:

How is it cynical to say that Man City are fine and don't need to buy any more homegrown players if they don't want to?

The rules impose limits to squad sizes, not minimum requirements. If City are happy playing their core squad twice a week plus some kids, that's what they can do.

Every club registers a few shithouses that never play on those forms. They're meaningless.

You're cycnical and wicka is angry, keep up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

trem_two posted:

Apparently he wanted to come because he's best mates with Evra, who sold Matuidi on swapping one team that destroys its league for another.

• Locked thread