Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thank you japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
When they shot off the last round of fireworks they played an orchestrated version of the Super Mario Bros. level ending theme

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Space harrier is a minigame in shenmue as is forklifting

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crash bandicoot is playable as a mini game in uncharted 4

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

mysterious loyall X posted:

Space harrier is a minigame in shenmue as is forklifting

i played more space harrier in shenmue than i did shenmue

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The animal crossing NES

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ol yeller posted:

i played more space harrier in shenmue than i did shenmue

i psoted in the wrong theread but hell, whatever

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mysterious loyall X posted:

i psoted in the wrong theread but hell, whatever
Don't worry like 3 other people followed your lead lol.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

God loving damnit lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

Don't worry like 3 other people followed your lead lol.

:boom:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nintendo.

Soral
May 30, 2009

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
nin
ten
do!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got the tiny new 3ds with the mario plates so now i can play hot n3ds exclusives like 8 dollar snes roms and binding of isaac with a lot of bugs and slowdown

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was Majora's Mask 3D a N3DS exclusive

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

No but its improved by new 3ds

having a camera stick was real nice

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

the only cartridge game u need an n3ds for is xenoblade i think

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hyrule Warriors is essentially broken on an old 3DS

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't want to play hyrule warriors

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
real non-piracy homebrew is only worth bothering with on New 3DS and even then it's not that interesting

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

real non-piracy homebrew is only worth bothering with on New 3DS and even then it's not that interesting

I'm going to use my New 3DS's future capabilities to overclock Pokémon

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My buddy's wife got really mad when she saw that haha.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My buddy's wife got really mad when she saw that haha.

why

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

mabels big day posted:

Its because the gameplay is fun but not especially hooking, and the other parts of it don't really keep you coming back either.

It would be way better if the "levels" didn't force you to exit the mansions. It loving sucks that anytime you do anything E. Gadd calls you and tells you you beat the level and teleports you away and is like "guess what, my research says there are more ghosts!" and then teleports you back to the entrance of the mansion so you can walk back to the place you just were at.

It's super charming and well presented though. I like it and I don't.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I generally dislike the direction Nintendo took where they went from having a hub world to just making linear levels for games. the first luigis mansion was much easier to play because it didn't jerk you away from the action every 5 minutes.

also liked Mario sunshine and galaxy better than 3D world for the same kinda reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mario 64 and Sunshine had good hub worlds because they were basically just huge levels and there was fun stuff to find in them if you poked around. But Galaxy 1's was totally pointless and I didn't mind them going back to level select screens for the rest of the 3D games.

I don't prefer one over the other or anything but if you're gonna do a hub world its got to have Secrets

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
ya if there's nothing to do in your hub world it's just a menu that takes too long

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Getting the ability to fly in Mario Galaxy and only being able to use it in the lovely hub made me so mad... It felt so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Getting the ability to fly in Mario Galaxy and only being able to use it in the lovely hub made me so mad... It felt so good

It would have been cool if they put the flying star on every level once you got 120 so you could just break the design and fly around but I wonder if the way the game was built even allowed for that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

It would have been cool if they put the flying star on every level once you got 120 so you could just break the design and fly around but I wonder if the way the game was built even allowed for that
Probably not, I bet some of the launch stars on the bigger levels masked loading times and that sort of thing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mario galaxy is masterfully crafted and i still cant believe it ran so well on the wii

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

mario galaxy is masterfully crafted and i still cant believe it ran so well on the wii
it might honestly be my favourite Mario game. Galaxy 2 was really good and had a bit more challenge to it but I found it a bit more forgettable for whatever reason

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
galaxy 2 is one of the best videogames ive ever played

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it might honestly be my favourite Mario game. Galaxy 2 was really good and had a bit more challenge to it but I found it a bit more forgettable for whatever reason

galaxt 1 is alright but it was too easy and i loving loathed how it stopped you every 5 seconds so some star rabbit or something could tell you that you need to find the star pieces

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

*Gamecube

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

*3 dvd cases stacked on each other

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

galaxy 2 is one of the best videogames ive ever played

The week that it came out was one of the greatest in my life. I got all 242 stars and loved every second. I think after the 120 star challenge is done I'll do the 242 star challenge in HD.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

there's a nintendo direct on thursday for 3DS games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

there's a nintendo direct on thursday for 3DS games

oh yeah baby!