Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

2 seconds is more than splendid on PC, I think. I like the suggestion from above, that for a brief period of time at the start of the game there could be a shorter exposure timer. Not instant, however, since the game sometimes thinks you're outside when you are close to a wall or a piece of furniture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

dogstile posted:

Two seconds seems like not a lot of time at all, its barely enough time to swivel your head, let alone aim at someone.

I mean, that's sort of the point. You go out if you know exactly where someone is, not to scope out the whole level looking for targets.

I think as it works now is fine, just as long as they keep fixing the exploit spots that let you get spawncamped instantly (like they have been doing). After you're past your initial deployment zone you should be keeping a look out, it's a part of the game.

That said I do hope the Japanese attacker is an anti-roamer (whatever that might mean), because it is annoyingly dominant in the meta.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Anti-roamer would be a 3-armor defender with whatever weapons that are not assault rifles or Bandit-style ACOG SMG, without C4, and a reasonably advantageous defensive or utility gadget that requires at least some active use. That would be nice to have, there aren't many compelling 3-armor defenders, and a good third of the roster are roamers, as of now.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Oh no, I mean an attacker- maybe someone who can shut down roamers/ spot them more easily or something.

But yeah a heavy defender would be good too, way fewer of them relative to the other types now.

e: honestly something like the suggestion of an offensive castle there was earlier, pretty much

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm hoping the Japanese attacker is just someone who can patch in to any working camera and have access to the CCTV network, with the caveat that the camera has to be working, so you're sat in a corner right under a working camera with no situational awareness.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 24, 2016

Griffball
Sep 6, 2010

lohli posted:

Have you at least made any progress with regards to getting proper control of your email account?

Yeah the email account was easiest, I had two step set up on that, so they could only read poo poo, and it was a mostly throwaway account, no bank details or anything. The idiot problem was that I was a big dummy and used the same password for it and Uplay.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Koramei posted:

Oh no, I mean an attacker- maybe someone who can shut down roamers/ spot them more easily or something.

But yeah a heavy defender would be good too, way fewer of them relative to the other types now.

e: honestly something like the suggestion of an offensive castle there was earlier, pretty much
Oh, I see what you meant. Lemon-Lime has a cool idea, I think, insofar as we look for something novel, and related to enemy detection. Otherwise you have shield operators, which are not in the best spot against current roamers, and Glaz/Blackbeard style operators, even though the former is rather sorry anywhere but on the plane map. Blackbeard though is really good at dealing with roamers, and will become even more comfortable after the shotgun changes land.

Speaking of offensive defender parodies, shield operator that works like a signal jammer could be cool, if a nightmare to balance.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Koramei posted:

Offensive Castle would be a strong anti-roamer pick, but they will never add one.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Maybe not Offensive Castle but Offensive Valkyrie? Someone who can place motion sensors and tell attackers if someone's in an area.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

A motion sensor you can throw down and it makes a loud noise if you pass through it sounds pretty great. Like a metal detector you can place tactically.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Squeegy posted:

A motion sensor you can throw down and it makes a loud noise if you pass through it sounds pretty great. Like a metal detector you can place tactically.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Possibly even goes with the Japanese theme of the next update; what with it effectively turning any horizontal surface into a 'nightingale floor'

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

There should be a operator that creates a web of lasers and the attackers have to do that sexy Catherine zeta Jones thing around them using smoke nades

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

kalstrams posted:

Anti-roamer would be a 3-armor defender with whatever weapons that are not assault rifles or Bandit-style ACOG SMG, without C4, and a reasonably advantageous defensive or utility gadget that requires at least some active use. That would be nice to have, there aren't many compelling 3-armor defenders, and a good third of the roster are roamers, as of now.

I think something powerful/cool might be something like a 3 armor with close combat weapons and kapkan style IR sensors that are invisible instead and tripwire alert him when enemies walk through them

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Razzled posted:

I think something powerful/cool might be something like a 3 armor with close combat weapons and kapkan style IR sensors that are invisible instead and tripwire alert him when enemies walk through them
That would play into roaming meta extremely well.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

When's the official date for the Japanese fellas? Do they have one? I for one am excited to get into trying out new operators at launch, before they are balanced in any way.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

smuh posted:

When's the official date for the Japanese fellas? Do they have one? I for one am excited to get into trying out new operators at launch, before they are balanced in any way.
No official date yet, might be October if that ancient roadmap holds up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

kalstrams posted:

That would play into roaming meta extremely well.

I'd just love it if Bandit's items were remotely useful as traps (beyond killing thermite charges obviously)

Let us shock ladders Ubi.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

I'd just love it if Bandit's items were remotely useful as traps (beyond killing thermite charges obviously)

Let us shock ladders Ubi.
Bandit is one of the most useful heroes already, where more. :psyduck:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

smuh posted:

The DLC is every three months, so October unless there are delays.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Trip report from last night. Played 2 games, different teams, one guy on the enemy team in both games carried, getting 11 kills and four assists.

Goddammit hard fix your game, that guy should be carrying me!

(people are so loving good its scary)

Griffball
Sep 6, 2010
Uplay account back under control, accounts guy said it was being kicked up to have the ban looked at, so fingers crossed.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Razzled posted:

The problem with this is that it is going to be nearly impossible for a 1 speed operator to get all this done in the prep time, and the fat guys are always making so much noise that roaming with them is pretty tricky.

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010
https://streamable.com/fikn

That's one way to clutch a round I guess.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I heard a rumor that the new Japanese operator for offense is Odd Job.

Any truth to that?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Beastie posted:

I heard a rumor that the new Japanese operator for offense is Odd Job.

Any truth to that?
None, since Oddjob is Korean. :spergin:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

kalstrams posted:

None, since Oddjob is Korean. :spergin:

I've heard that one of the new operators looks remarkably like Sean Connery in yellow face and that the new level is a hollowed out volcano

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

New level is a nuclear power plant and both operators are 70+

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

New level is Alcatraz and the only entrance is through a drain in the showers.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

That'd make it only slightly more secure than the spawn on Kafe.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard please do something to netcode so my friends stop tilting me each time they die.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ragdolls are cool.

https://streamable.com/qtf5

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

haha that's funny. they are pretty great, yesterday a Jager got headshotted while sprinting and his body stumbled a few feet before crashing into the wall where he bounced off and collapsed

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I think one of the first game I saw rag doll on was Ravenshield.

They've come a log way since then. I always chuckle when I think of how they'd just go limp like you took out their spine.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I love the ragdoll stumbling in this game. It's especially satisfying when you shoot someone as a shield and they stumble around a bit, or collapse on top of you.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I finally did it, I clutched a round!

We still lost 1 - 3, but i clutched one!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

do the ubiclub/soft challenges give ingame xp and renown?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

afkmacro posted:

do the ubiclub/soft challenges give ingame xp and renown?

The weekly ones? Yeah, but you have to manually activate them, and then manually redeem them once they're complete.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Have to retrain my brain to not fire the ump like a shotgun.

Multiple times last night I hopped out on people hitting left mouse click with the same rhythm you would for his auto shotty.

Didn't do too bad though once I got used to using the ump.

Bring on the nerf, I'm ready.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Somebody linked the recoil website for 3.3 (which is waiting to be updated to 4.0) and good god, the SR-25 without the shield on is a loving tack driver.

Compared to with shield on:

MK17 is the complete opposite, its almost unusable without the shield:

http://www.monkzi.nl/recoil/

Also suppressors generally pull to the right.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Paradigmata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sgg2lEP4ZU

Focking Jewbisoft, just because we earn three times as much as americans do, doesn't mean we should pay two times the regular price! :argh:

edit: I just saw I can buy it in the steam shop for 8.- unlike the Ubi store where it is 20.-

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Haha grats on getting the only probation in the thread you silly goose.

Anyways i've forwarded the case to the rightful owners, don't know if i'll hear from them but at least it's sent!

• Locked thread