Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

It's Sombra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Bolow posted:

I can't connect to the PTR :shepicide:

Another one of Somras gaymes

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's stuff like this that make me wonder if Defense Matrix shouldn't be as effective as it is.

The fact it can swallow up most ults in the game without even having to aim at them is a little stupid.

I'm split in this case because she used her ult so badly. I'm fairly certain that a high rank Mcree would have dropped her before she even started launching missiles.

But I would be fine with Defense Matrix if it simply stopped projectiles at a certain range from Meka itself. Like 3-5 meters

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

voltron lion force posted:

What are you talking about genji has the best legendarys

Genji has passable legendaries, and really only because he has Nomad.

He has the worst recolors in the game though and his purples are especially poo poo.

e: Nihon Genji is pretty good, at least it's a visually attractive contrast unlike all the others.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Carbon fiber is his only good skin other than Nihon and the nomad sets

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean a Reinhardt can simply stick his shield up and take a rocket barrage on the chin with ample barrier left to spare all for the onerous and taxing cost of "holding m2." But yeah, clearly D.Va needs to be looked at some more because it's not like she started out the game garbage-tier before being moved into "reasonably okay" territory.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

I mean a Reinhardt can simply stick his shield up and take a rocket barrage on the chin with ample barrier left to spare all for the onerous and taxing cost of "holding m2." But yeah, clearly D.Va needs to be looked at some more because it's not like she started out the game garbage-tier before being moved into "reasonably okay" territory.

His shield also has health and can be knocked down by other teammates shooting at him during your ult.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Carbon fiber is his only good skin other than Nihon and the nomad sets

This except Chrome and Cinnabar are also cool and good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

official genji skin list, in order of best to worst

carbon fiber/nihon
nomad
a bunch of garbage
young genji

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Won't a rocket barrage eat a rein barrier from full to dead?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Carbon Fiber is garbage to begin with and made even worse by association with the kind of player who wants his ninja to have pitch black armor

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm sorry for your broken brain

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm sorry for your broken brain

it's not broken, sweetie, it's called aging out of puberty

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well now that's just rude

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Carbon Fiber is garbage to begin with and made even worse by association with the kind of player who wants his ninja to have pitch black armor

It at least has consistent coloring.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I don't even know how you can poo poo on Chrome since it's literally the default skin by shinier. If anything it just makes you a skin hipster

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's crazy that you people don't catch just the tiniest whiff of how lame you all sound all the time

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think Chrome looks the nicest

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

I'm split in this case because she used her ult so badly. I'm fairly certain that a high rank Mcree would have dropped her before she even started launching missiles.

But I would be fine with Defense Matrix if it simply stopped projectiles at a certain range from Meka itself. Like 3-5 meters

It sticks out so much from her model its kinda crazy. She can be perpendicular to you and still shield most of her team by accident

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i like his Sparrow skin cause it's got his cute cheeky smirking without the dumb green hair. i don't like the sword on it though.

nomad and bedouin are good.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
blizzard was really dumb when they decided they needed a sword+shuriken ninja and an archer in a futuristic fps game

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

D.va is trash and needs buffs, guys.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

blizzard was really dumb when they decided they needed a sword+shuriken ninja and an archer in a futuristic fps game

what about the guy with the hammer and shield

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

What about the cowboy

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Zephyrine posted:

There is no justice Pharah. None what so ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6dX4j2UB0

Feels bad when totally loving up an ult.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Manatee Cannon posted:

i mean i'd rather him have a arm cannon instead of the hammer but his primary purpose is to be a giant shield that eats damage and that's a unique and serviceable fps role instead of 'does damage in such a unique way that we gently caress up the balance of things by having them exist"

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Help Im Alive posted:

What about the cowboy

style aside, he shoots blue space bullets and uses flashbangs and targeting systems

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i mean i'd rather him have a arm cannon instead of the hammer but his primary purpose is to be a giant shield that eats damage and that's a unique and serviceable fps role instead of 'does damage in such a unique way that we gently caress up the balance of things by having them exist"

genji was just ok until the ana patch and he's only as good now because of changes to other heroes, not himself, and hanzo is and has been bad since launch

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Grammaton posted:

Feels bad when totally loving up an ult.

In the end of the video you can see her body flying over the roof of the building :smugdog:

Dr. Octopus
Dec 11, 2006

I am inventing a ray, that turns birthday presents into HOMEWORK!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Hard light* shield and Rocket* hammer.

If anyone fits into this clown car of characters let us not forget the best one and reasons why.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
You gotta remember guys, Ganji and Hanjo are the only Wizards in the game, they can cast magic dragon spells while everyone else has to use nanomachines, tires, and scrap metal.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the eating souls thing is kind of wizardy

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Grapplejack posted:

His shield also has health and can be knocked down by other teammates shooting at him during your ult.

It's almost like coordination and teamwork are the keys to successfully using ults instead of shaking your fist when you imprudently use it in such a way to allow it to be easily countered.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

the eating souls thing is kind of wizardy

so is basically everything Zenyatta does

and before you object, genji already proves that robots can be wizards

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zenyatta's a cleric

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

MysteriousStranger posted:

It isn't really the case that some sounds are more important than others. Again, this is not a new problem, it's been with us since the dawn of FPS gaming. In Quake armor and damage amplifiers are "more important" because it's a clear indication that the person you are about to fight has turned into an unstoppable rage machine, and there is also an audio que when it ends. Of course, there are visual ques as well but the audio ques are nice loud things that ding out as if someone rung a fog horn.

But that's not the most important thing. What is the most important thing is that between gun shots, foot steps, pain sounds, jumps, and health pickups good players essentially have a toned down wall hack and radar. It's not only that they can tell a fight is going on around the corner or someone is about to round it, it's that they are tracking a good portion of the other team as they move around the map most of the time they are in game. The combination of knowing who is where, who is fighting who, who is taking what damage, who is dealing what damage at almost all times is a massive advantage.

People with hearing problems are simply always going to be at a disadvantage. The only games I've seen even quasi address are tactical games where having a map up at all times that shows pings when people shoot, sprint, or interact with things. But those are slower paced non twitch shooters.

Most of this doesn't apply to Overwatch, though, because the game "helpfully" dumpsters the volume of everything except gunshots and informational callouts as soon as you fire your gun. I can clearly track half the cast's exact position by footsteps alone if I'm alone in a room, even if there's a wall between me and the other person, but the moment anyone clicks a mouse button, Reaper's THUMP THUMP THUMP becomes about as loud as fairy farts.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe Sombra is the name of the anti-cheat system they're implementing and there's just thousands upon thousands of salty bros getting banned.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

pakman posted:

Won't a rocket barrage eat a rein barrier from full to dead?

I believe that in close range if you feed the whole barrage into the shield it will tear down the shield and kill him.

But then that's a terrible use for a barrage. In comparison his shield can eat two Meka self destructs.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
My favorite way to gently caress with Reaper or McCree ults is to slap a Winston shield bubble on top of them and wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Kai Tave posted:

My favorite way to gently caress with Reaper or McCree ults is to slap a Winston shield bubble on top of them and wave.

If you are in the shield with them. Can you hit them?