Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MisterAlex posted:

Psh. Who needs standard RFC 6238 TOTP, anyway? It's not like it would be ten times more convenient or anything. Freakin' Sony, man...

I got ten.

Oh poo poo I'm retarded I guess. I figured with sony each string was 1 code not each line its own code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Oh poo poo I'm retarded I guess. I figured with sony each string was 1 code not each line its own code.

Hahah imagine typing that on the PS3 keyboard :getin:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hahah imagine typing that on the PS3 keyboard :getin:

dit dot dot dot dot dot dot dit click dot dot dot dot dit...

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

MisterAlex posted:

Psh. Who needs standard RFC 6238 TOTP, anyway? It's not like it would be ten times more convenient or anything. Freakin' Sony, man...

I got ten.

Ha, ha! I managed to remove the blur filter and I'm stealing your PSN info!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
SMS-based 2FA is really dumb.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah I'm probably gonna turn it off. Dunno why they can't integrate it with the Playstation App they already have developed :whitewater:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

You know what's even dumber? No 2FA at all. Sony getting things working on their backend is like a bear riding a bicycle at the circus: even if they're objectively a poo poo rider, they're at least doing it functionally.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah, was kinda hoping this was an OTP. Oh well, still gonna use it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

univbee posted:

You know what's even dumber? No 2FA at all.

Absolutely, but they really should offer the same generic-authenticator-based 2FA as basically everyone else offers. :( Having to use one-time codes to log in to the Vita makes it even less convenient to use.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Can you get that capcom humble bundle in the UK/Europe or is it just for the US?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Afaik it's US-only, but it's easy enough to make a US account and you can play games on any profile once they're downloaded.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lemon-Lime posted:

Absolutely, but they really should offer the same generic-authenticator-based 2FA as basically everyone else offers. :( Having to use one-time codes to log in to the Vita makes it even less convenient to use.
Oh god did they really? Guess I won't even bother with it then. No point in making the account safe if it's even safe from myself :bang:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

Having to use one-time codes to log in to the Vita

Wait are you sure they're one-time use, and not just forced random passwords which otherwise don't change?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm not sure what you mean. You only have to enter the code the first time you log into the device. Not every time.

I'm sure you have to use it every time you log into the website but for each new console its only once.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of flaky unstable backends, be free, stuck post!

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Afaik it's US-only, but it's easy enough to make a US account and you can play games on any profile once they're downloaded.

Thanks.

Bastards.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
You also don't have to use the random device passwords if you use 2FA. They didn't work at all for me, actually.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

univbee posted:

Wait are you sure they're one-time use, and not just forced random passwords which otherwise don't change?

The way I read the site is it would be generating a new password if I ever needed to log in again (like Google used to do it for browser logins years ago), but I'll admit I've only logged in to mine once after activating the 2FA. It's still way more of a pain than it should be, either way. :shrug:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lemon-Lime posted:

The way I read the site is it would be generating a new password if I ever needed to log in again (like Google used to do it for browser logins years ago)

No, that password is permanent until you go in and revoke it. Just like "application" passwords on Google's platform.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

What annoys me is that I used a device password to log into my Vita, and on the site, it says "Unused" with a Revoke button, so I'll have to keep track of which "Unused" is which if that keeps up.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

univbee posted:

You know what's even dumber? No 2FA at all. Sony getting things working on their backend is like a bear riding a bicycle at the circus: even if they're objectively a poo poo rider, they're at least doing it functionally.

did you ever see that vid where a russian unicycle bear jumps off and eats a circus monkey

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Lemon-Lime posted:

The way I read the site is it would be generating a new password if I ever needed to log in again (like Google used to do it for browser logins years ago), but I'll admit I've only logged in to mine once after activating the 2FA. It's still way more of a pain than it should be, either way. :shrug:
The whole reason for generating device-specific passwords for the PSP/PS3/Vita is so that you don't have to keep generating 2FA codes every time you use the system. You just log in once (like you always have), but with a special password that's forced to be unique. That also prevents a single compromised password from opening up access to multiple systems.

Takoluka posted:

What annoys me is that I used a device password to log into my Vita, and on the site, it says "Unused" with a Revoke button, so I'll have to keep track of which "Unused" is which if that keeps up.
I haven't logged into my Vita with the new deal yet, but it sounds like you found a bug in how they implemented the device password system. Should report it—even though they'll likely be deaf to your feedback.

Super No Vacancy posted:

did you ever see that vid where a russian unicycle bear jumps off and eats a circus monkey
Hahaha! Now that's comedy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyhHMf8Gv04

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 25, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cell phones are great on their own but the best part of them is getting to see daily life in russia

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Wamdoodle posted:

Ha, ha! I managed to remove the blur filter and I'm stealing your PSN info!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that filter can be reversed. 2FA won't help you if you just post your codes for the entire internet to see!

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

...! posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that filter can be reversed. 2FA won't help you if you just post your codes for the entire internet to see!
Heh, go for it. Best of luck guessing the email address and password for my PSN account in the first place. As with all of my online accounts, both are unique to that login.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

...! posted:

MisterAlex posted:

Heh, go for it. Best of luck guessing the email address and password for my PSN account in the first place. As with all of my online accounts, both are unique to that login.

Lol, it was a dumb joke. Is that even possible? I thought there was just a way to tell if there was an altered part of a .jpg but not actually a way to remove it.

Anyway, has 2 factor been implemented in all regions or is it being rolled out in all regions?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol, it was a dumb joke. Is that even possible?

You can see the relative sizes and dense areas of the characters under the blur, so you could use that to limit the search space, go through each combination apply the blur and see what matches.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if someone wants to go through that they can have my stupid playstation account

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
If anyone wants I have a code for Remember Me.

Edit: PM of you can, please.

Watrick fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 26, 2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Watrick posted:

If anyone wants I have codes for Remember Me, DMC collection, and strider (3 or 4). I also have the half off coupons from the humble bundle. Let me know.

If you've got the SF5 discount code I'd really appreciate it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol, it was a dumb joke. Is that even possible? I thought there was just a way to tell if there was an altered part of a .jpg but not actually a way to remove it.

Anyway, has 2 factor been implemented in all regions or is it being rolled out in all regions?

Yeah, scrambled images can be descrambled with reasonable accuracy these days. It's generally best to just use black bars.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Policenaut posted:

If you've got the SF5 discount code I'd really appreciate it.

Do you have PM?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Watrick posted:

Do you have PM?

Yes I do and thank you! I assume I just punch this in on checkout in the coupons section.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Yes I do and thank you! I assume I just punch this in on checkout in the coupons section.

II wish I could answer that. I've never used a half off coupon before.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats the fastest way to get ahold of Sony Support? I acccidentaly bought madde on ps3 instead of ps4 :/

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Can you redeem the Remember Me code if you have it from PS+?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Cloks posted:

Can you redeem the Remember Me code if you have it from PS+?

Last time I redeemed a code for a game I already had with PS+ (Sly Cooper 4 from the PSTV bundle) it wouldn't work for me, though i'm not sure if the vita version of that game was considered part of the PS+ redemption of the PS3 version so I dunno try it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Abu Dave posted:

Whats the fastest way to get ahold of Sony Support? I acccidentaly bought madde on ps3 instead of ps4 :/
they hosed with the support site and buried the number, try 855-999-SONY

This page has the contact info but the support site doesn't make it evident
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/legal/contact-us/

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CrashCat posted:

they hosed with the support site and buried the number, try 855-999-SONY

This page has the contact info but the support site doesn't make it evident
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/legal/contact-us/

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The chat is actually very helpful as well.

• Locked thread