Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Pon de Bundy posted:

it will be the last thing on my lips as i lay dying "dont...play...no mans...sky"

actually the last thign on your lips will be my hairy nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Overwatch. Good.

Dr. Tim Whatley. Bad.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I just hate games that force you to stop or walk to listen to somebody jabber over a radio or make you look at all the pretty skybox graphics. Just let me play the game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Don Tacorleone posted:

I hate NMS and I hate you

Well good heavens!!!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Enfield posted:

can someone give me 60$

I'll send you a check for $5,000. Just cash it and then wire the remaining $4,940 to my account in tha Caymans.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Last of Us is an incredible game and you are crazy if you disagree.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I love this game so much if only for the fact that an entire new generation of gamers can experience their very own "spore"

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

The Last of Us is an incredible game and you are crazy if you disagree.

imo the best of the Ellen Paige Clones genre

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Son of Rodney posted:

I love this game so much if only for the fact that an entire new generation of gamers can experience their very own "spore"

What about those of us who preordered Spore?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I don't know. The underwater pac-man section of spore alone has more gameplay than NMS.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm going to smoke a little then play no man's sky while listening to we hate movies podcast

and guess what: I'll enjoy it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ben Smash posted:

I don't know why so many people are pissed about it. It's super chill and very casual. It's not a "play for 60 hours and then put it down because you beat it", thing.

Yeah, it's a play for 20 minutes and then forget you own it kind of thing

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm going to smoke a little then play no man's sky while listening to we hate movies podcast

and guess what: I'll enjoy it

If you need 2 extra things to make a game enjoyable it means it's a bad game

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

What about those of us who preordered Spore?

Spore was a feature-filled bargain compared to this.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I've been playing spore recently and as much poo poo as No Man's Sky deserves Spore is even more bare bones it's not even funny

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Decebal posted:

If you need 2 extra things to make a game enjoyable it means it's a bad game

it's chill

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

gonna smoke some weed, listen to a podcast and clean up my hard drive. ah yessssssss.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gonna smoke a fuckin ELL BEE of weed, listen to a thick grippa Pods and just VEG OUT with this insane game, fuckin AYYYYYYYYY my mans

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Putty posted:

I've been playing spore recently and as much poo poo as No Man's Sky deserves Spore is even more bare bones it's not even funny

huh? you can actually do things in spore...you cant really do anything in no mans sky.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The trick to enjoying Spore is erasing your save game immediately after you pass the underwater pac man section.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no man's skype

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
spore isn't that bad, poo poo i don't know what you want, what do you people want!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

spore needed more dancing imo

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Pon de Bundy posted:

spore isn't that bad, poo poo i don't know what you want, what do you people want!

I want to be amazed and filled with wonder ! Why is that so hard to program ??

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

you need to play counter strike and then just shout FYAD posts at people when they want to bark orders at you

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Germstore posted:

No Man's Titties. Visit procedurally generated alien strip clubs.

i found a alien with three boob!s

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

JiveHonky posted:

i found a alien with three boob!s

Screencap that and post it bro ! There's never a wrong time to look at a boob

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
one redeemable thing about spore is the creature creator had a dumb greenscreen feature

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Putty posted:

one redeemable thing about spore is the creature creator had a dumb greenscreen feature

My son Clownfart

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Putty posted:

Unlike NMS, Spore at least has a Create feature.

Also NMS is effectively the SPore spacefaring stage, except without the ability to terraform and gently caress with planets in general.

THe Spore tribal and civilization stages were arguably way worse than anything in NMS, but once you got past them, the game was actually more feature rich than what you get in tyool 2016

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Nomad's lie

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i bought an old flogging molly cd and a box of pasta and it only cost me like $11 to put it in perspective

Flogging Molly is literally the worst band Mumphrey

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

I started replaying the Witcher 3 again with the New Game + thing after the DLC came out and I had to stop and for a week or two because it was making me mad at how much better than other games it is story/quest wise.
witcher 3 is one of the few games i got a steam refund on, couldn't stand the combat system

well thats my story, thanks

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Unlike NMS, Spore at least has a Create feature.

Also NMS is effectively the SPore spacefaring stage, except without the ability to terraform and gently caress with planets in general.

THe Spore tribal and civilization stages were arguably way worse than anything in NMS, but once you got past them, the game was actually more feature rich than what you get in tyool 2016

Doesn't NMS also have dogfights and an FPS component though? Might appeal to someone looking for a super casual space sim/4x-light.

Although it would still be pretty shallow from everything I've seen and heard.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Peter Molyneux summed this cycle up beautifully in a 2014 interview with Develop when he explained the game-building process. The famed developer said that every game begins as a jewel, a gem that ultimately becomes flawed by the end. “I just shouldnt get so excited in front of the press,” he explained. “There’s an empirical decay between what the idea is in your mind and what you end up with, no matter what creative field you’re working in. I talk to a lot of creative people and they’re often disappointed in their own work … Saying that, of course, Godus exceeds that gem.”

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fire Barrel posted:

Doesn't NMS also have dogfights and an FPS component though? Might appeal to someone looking for a super casual space sim/4x-light.

Although it would still be pretty shallow from everything I've seen and heard.

You get a FPS game that is shallower than Minecraft combat. In a way it's insultingthat they thought adding this poo poo in would impress people.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DOMDOM posted:

Peter Molyneux summed this cycle up beautifully in a 2014 interview with Develop when he explained the game-building process. The famed developer said that every game begins as a jewel, a gem that ultimately becomes flawed by the end. “I just shouldnt get so excited in front of the press,” he explained. “There’s an empirical decay between what the idea is in your mind and what you end up with, no matter what creative field you’re working in. I talk to a lot of creative people and they’re often disappointed in their own work … Saying that, of course, Godus exceeds that gem.”

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
I refunded the poo poo out of that game.

Also, I learned that refunding a game on PS4 will prevent you from buying that game ever again, lol https://www.destructoid.com/sony-s-refund-policy-under-scrutiny-after-no-man-s-sky-launch-381520.phtml

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I refunded the poo poo out of that game.

Also, I learned that refunding a game on PS4 will prevent you from buying that game ever again, lol https://www.destructoid.com/sony-s-refund-policy-under-scrutiny-after-no-man-s-sky-launch-381520.phtml

good. always nice to have safe guards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Witcher 3 was awesome but I haven't played it in months because I got burned out over so much stuff to do...are the DLCs good?

• Locked thread