Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Tarranon posted:

well...does Hamilton have any really witty insults, like calling your personal enemy a whored out pigs rear, or something as heightened as that?

that would be evidence in favor of Hamilton being modern Shakespeare, and it'd be a pretty objective measure too.

Well Hamilton calls John Adams a "fat motherfucker" and John Adams calls him a "creole bastard," sooooo...

Actually there's some pretty good back-and-forth moments where Hamilton fights with Jefferson and Burr so this kinda works.

quote:

[HAMILTON]

Mr. Vice President,
I am not the reason no one trusts you

No one knows what you believe

I will not equivocate on my opinion

I have always worn it on my sleeve

Even if I said what you think I said

You would need to cite a more specific grievance

Here’s an itemized list of thirty years of disagreements

[BURR]

Sweet Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

imo the problem with hamilton is that it is too accessible by the average person. it should have been 80-90% exclusively about fiscal policy

"wah my son died in a tragically ironic way waaaah" gently caress off get back to debates of public and private debt

cams fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 20, 2016

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

i liked this thread better when it was the hollywood handbook thread

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

EmotionlessThug posted:

Speak on that.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I disagree

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

anotherone posted:

Well Hamilton calls John Adams a "fat motherfucker" and John Adams calls him a "creole bastard," sooooo...

Actually there's some pretty good back-and-forth moments where Hamilton fights with Jefferson and Burr so this kinda works.

holy, that is...:stare:

sold,'goon sir...sold

cams
Mar 28, 2003

EmotionlessThug posted:

the julie klausner episode was very good.

beeman
May 7, 2008

cams posted:

the julie klausner episode was very good.

i agree

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the andrea vermuelen episode was also very good.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yeah. that's true

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I would listen to an entire podcast of Sean recapping Arclight Presents interviews.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
in the Hamilton commercial are they like

seeing Hamilton or something

i hate it so much you guys

it's so bad

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Mark Hamill was great as a villain in Hamilton

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Mark Hamill as a villain and Peter Stormare as a hero, good lord. Man should not play God.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah the Hamilton podcast is pretty bad.

All it is is people who loving love Hamilton sitting in a room and fawning all over it without a hint of irony. I get that Hamilton is popular and it's probably going to draw listeners from other markets, but why this sweaty fellatio parade?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Hamil2000pounds

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

the andrea vermuelen episode was also very good.

I hope they liked it up in the Great Lakes area.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

Pot Of Shoe posted:

All it is is people who loving love Hamilton sitting in a room and fawning all over it without a hint of irony. I get that Hamilton is popular and it's probably going to draw listeners from other markets, but why this sweaty fellatio parade?

I don't really care for Hamilton but I would listen to an analyze phish-style show where one hardcore fan tries to convince a skeptic.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
I'm from Michigan and can say that I liked the latest HH episode.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SousaphoneColossus posted:

I don't really care for Hamilton but I would listen to an analyze phish-style show where one hardcore fan tries to convince a skeptic.

Yea it'd actually be pretty fun to have some kinda 'divided' show where it's one person who doesn't like and one who does and they just bullshit about their feelings on it, maybe with guests to support different sides.

Basically anything but 'isn't Hamilton basically the perfect piece of art? I mean we should basically just destroy american theater programs after it's done because this is it, we're at the peak here'. I fuckin like the musical and I can't imagine a worse podcast. I want to meet an unironic fan of that podcast so bad and just ask why.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'd listen to an analyze phish show about anything as long as it was funny and had a good dynamic, much like how we all listened to you talking you two 2 me despite, hopefully, not being fans of u2. Except if it was about Hamilton, which sucks.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I'm from Michigan and can say that I liked the latest HH episode.

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'd listen to an analyze phish show about anything as long as it was funny and had a good dynamic, much like how we all listened to you talking you two 2 me despite, hopefully, not being fans of u2. Except if it was about Hamilton, which sucks.

same

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Howard Kremer talks about how much he hates Hamilton in like every episode of Who Charted since January. He would be perfect.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Howard Kremer talks about how much he hates Hamilton in like every episode of Who Charted since January. He would be perfect.
if howard kremer did a podcast where people who loving loved hamilton talked about how great it is and he just had to deal with it for an hour+, i'd mail him one hundred dollars.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Where Monterey Jack goes, so goes Zipper the fly.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

SousaphoneColossus posted:

Yes! I would love this so much.

RIP Harris.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pot Of Shoe posted:

the bit in the ad when john hodgman breathlessly recounted the time he told his family they HAD to listen to the album RIGHT NOW made me groan involuntarily

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Jon Hogman... I'd kick that nerds rear end. Absolutely no problem for me.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

He's a big time fucker and going down for sure.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

It's a g-a, y-a, s-s, p-o, d-cast from Scripps, the Letters Company. Also if you don't have Broadway cam rips of Hamilton from at least four different angles, you're hosed bro. It's modern-day Shakespeare, the best of the best, much like McDonald's. Hell, it's better than Shakespeare—it's lit.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I'm still mad at Kremer for getting his freaking summah submersible song stuck in my head. i'm not happy about it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

"have a summah" and kremer's horrible voice can both go gently caress themselves forever imo

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

A lot of it is pretty bad but Beach Combah is a legitimately catchy and good song imo.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Which one of you hosed with Howard's wikipedia page?

quote:

Kremer is a proponent of winter. He has dubbed the spirit of the season "wintah" and uses this philosophy to spread positivity to humanity by encouraging everyone to "Have a Wintah". As a mecca of the movement, Kremer has founded Wintahfest, an annual winter celebration at Meltdown Comics in Hollywood.[2]

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Sean from HH is gonna get popular on Twitter

https://twitter.com/SeanClements/status/769970588152655873

watch that follower count skyrocket!!!!!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The man makes good points!
https://twitter.com/SeanClements/status/769974184290156544

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
he did it

good job everyone

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Bitch Sesh killin it once again with a fantastic live ep. Adam Pally is my hero Morgan Walsh is my soul.

Waterbed Wendy fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Aug 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Sean and Hayes on Spont this week is great