Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Dexie posted:

Yeah but gently caress Bronzong. Bane of my existence during Gen IV.

Bronzong got hosed hard by Serene Grace Togekiss and I never failed to troll the gently caress out of anyone using one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

dude789 posted:

If you like Alomomola, he's surprisingly high up in the current ubers viability as well.

*sits down*

Okay, I think I'm going to need this one explained to me.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Countblanc posted:

It's a crime that Heatproof didnt grant a fire immunity

There are a weird number of abilities that are 'another ability but way worse'

Guts vs Toxic Boost, Thick Fat vs Heatproof, Dry Skin vs Water Absorb, Storm Drain/Justified vs Lightning Rod/Sap Sipper/Flash Fire, Early Bird vs. Vital Spirit/Insomnia

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there an alolalomomola

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alomomola is another chapter in the long saga of gently caress Luvdisc.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dexie posted:

*sits down*

Okay, I think I'm going to need this one explained to me.

Alomomola is an interesting option for stall teams that need a Wish passer. Unlike most Wish passers in Ubers, Alomomola checks physical attackers, such as Ho-Oh and Extreme Killer Arceus, instead of special attackers. It also has a pretty good defensive typing, as Electric- and Grass-type attacks are uncommon in Ubers. Unfortunately, Alomomola has zero offensive presence, meaning it's setup bait for almost anything carrying Taunt, Substitute, or Refresh. This means it can only fit on stall teams that can provide cleric support and don't mind Alomomola's lack of offensive presence. Alomomola also cannot take special attacks well at all, meaning it is forced out against mixed attackers.

With a monstrous base 165 HP stat, Alomomola is capable of restoring most of its teammates to full health, even in a tier where many Pokemon have large HP stats. Huge Wishes are extremely beneficial for Pokemon without reliable recovery, such as Ferrothorn and Primal Groudon. Protect allows Alomomola to safely receive its own Wishes and scout for Choice-locked moves. Toxic cripples threats Alomomola is supposed to check, such as Rock Polish Primal Groudon; Alomomola can then attempt to stall them out. Toxic also cripples overeager special attackers that switch in to prey on Alomomola's terrible Special Defense stat. Alomomola has two quality options for its last slot. It can opt to run Knock Off, which can 2HKO Mega Gengar and cripple opposing walls such as Ferrothorn, or can attempt to burn the foe with Scald. Knock Off is generally preferred, as it offers further team support by removing potentially dangerous items such as Life Orb.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There is not a single cool fish pokemon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

milotic is a fish

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

Relicanth

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

milotic is a fish

Is it, really?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
you're right, there's a whole school of them

Raserys fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 26, 2016

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

cheetah7071 posted:

Is it, really?

Yes fucker

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Is it, really?

what that look like to you???

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Lanturn

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

HoneyBoy posted:

Yes fucker

Well if Milotic is a fish then there's one cool fish pokemon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

what that look like to you???

an uncool pokemon

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's some shade being thrown at my good friend Magikarp in this thread and I really don't appreciate it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zore posted:

There are a weird number of abilities that are 'another ability but way worse'

Guts vs Toxic Boost, Thick Fat vs Heatproof, Dry Skin vs Water Absorb, Storm Drain/Justified vs Lightning Rod/Sap Sipper/Flash Fire, Early Bird vs. Vital Spirit/Insomnia

Isn't Storm Drain identical to Lightning Rod but for Water instead? And arguably Heatproof is just worse than Flash Fire unless you're doing something crazy like Heatproof Weakness Policy Bronzong.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Qwilfish is the best one actually

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dabir posted:

Isn't Storm Drain identical to Lightning Rod but for Water instead? And arguably Heatproof is just worse than Flash Fire unless you're doing something crazy like Heatproof Weakness Policy Bronzong.

Thick Fat gets you Ice and Fire resistance while Heatproof only gets you Fire. Flash Fire makes you immune and gives you a stat boost. Heatproof can really be considered a lovely version of either, though its way shittier than Flash Fire.

And I put Storm Drain on the wrong side of that chart, Justified works like they do but doesn't nullify the attack.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

gyarados

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Thought I remembered something else working like Justified, must have been thinking of the items like Cell Battery. Rattled does but that's it.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

HoneyBoy posted:

Qwilfish is the best one actually

Seconding this. I trained an Intimidate one recently and I've actually managed to kill a Mega Kangaskhan with it. I'm so proud of my Spikey Hate Ball. :3:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zore posted:

Thick Fat gets you Ice and Fire resistance while Heatproof only gets you Fire. Flash Fire makes you immune and gives you a stat boost. Heatproof can really be considered a lovely version of either, though its way shittier than Flash Fire.

And I put Storm Drain on the wrong side of that chart, Justified works like they do but doesn't nullify the attack.

Yeah but you can Beat Up the Justified (only one doesn't resist Dark)user and give it a 3-5+ Attack boost.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sharrrk posted:

gyarados

Magikarp is a fish but Gyarados isn't

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Rudoku posted:

Yeah but you can Beat Up the Justified (only one doesn't resist Dark)user and give it a 3-5+ Attack boost.

I refuse to believe anyone has ever used Beat Up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zore posted:

I refuse to believe anyone has ever used Beat Up.

Its a gimmick strategy. I saw people use a Whimsicott to Beat UP a Terrakoin on their team in doubles. They got a huge attack boost, and then the Terrakoin died before doing anything because I'm not an idiot and just killed it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if milotic is a fish, gyarados is a fish

it has fins and everything

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Whales have fins and aren't fish

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

those ain't whale fins

look at that thing, it's fishy as poo poo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

BATS ARENT BUGS

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Milotic is a hag fish.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Super No Vacancy posted:

BATS ARENT BUGS

but they are dragons

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought milotic was an eel or something

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Manatee Cannon posted:

I thought milotic was an eel or something

It is

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

cheetah7071 posted:

Lumineon. :colbert:

Super No Vacancy posted:

BATS ARENT BUGS

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Lumineon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dexie posted:

Lumineon. :colbert:

no

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Stunfisk is a cool fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk