Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hell open it up to anything she wants to review, like those Lays flavor things.

Those Rueben flavored chips owned by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

OldTennisCourt posted:

UpUpDownDown should have a side series consisting of Becky reviewing new candy.

I'm not much of a Makabe fan but that's still gimmick infringement

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gaz-L posted:

I think people have kind of forgotten this. Once they decided to start working different styles (pretty much when they came back and Nikki had had her boobs done and Brie hadn't) Nikki got to 'pretty decent' and Brie started doing the worst babyface comeback I've ever seen.
Plus I respect that she didn't just retire after getting that neck surgery, show's she actually likes to wrestle and wants to continue to bring the spirit of Misawa in her matches for at least a few more years.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

I read that as "like those Layla flavor things" and got real excited. Like maybe there was a Layla mukbang channel or something.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Plus I respect that she didn't just retire after getting that neck surgery, show's she actually likes to wrestle and wants to continue to bring the spirit of Misawa in her matches for at least a few more years.

Honestly, I think the biggest thing she needs to work on is a way to set up the elbow strike so the people in the cheap seats know what she's doing. Half the announcers don't even realise it's one of her big spots yet.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, I think the biggest thing she needs to work on is a way to set up the elbow strike so the people in the cheap seats know what she's doing. Half the announcers don't even realise it's one of her big spots yet.

ugh the goofy "BROGUE! BROGUE! BROGUE!" "OOOWAHHHH" stuff is one of my most disliked aspects of the WWE style but you may be right

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
My wife just showed me the gif of those two cats wrestling and, anyway, remember Max Landis's Wrestling isn't Wrestling video or w/e it was called? I remember there was a separate YouTube video of just the lovely gibberish version of John Cena's theme music. Can anyone track that down while I get back to reading the Book of the Duchess for class?

\/\/ thank you so much. I realize my request was kind of dickish. I couldn't for the life of me remember that title.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 26, 2016

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

alpha_destroy posted:

My wife just showed me the gif of those two cats wrestling and, anyway, remember Max Landis's Wrestling isn't Wrestling video or w/e it was called? I remember there was a separate YouTube video of just the lovely gibberish version of John Cena's theme music. Can anyone track that down while I get back to reading the Book of the Duchess for class?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI5lrn69rOI

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Pfft... Chaucer just rhymed song with song. Chump status confirmed. Enzo would have none of this poo poo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spermgod posted:

ugh the goofy "BROGUE! BROGUE! BROGUE!" "OOOWAHHHH" stuff is one of my most disliked aspects of the WWE style but you may be right

Even if she just made it a rolling elbow.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
A rolling elbow would be good, providing she doesn't turn at a snail-like pace. There's no need for Sheamus level telegraphing, just a slap on the elbow beforehand.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

alpha_destroy posted:

\/\/ thank you so much. I realize my request was kind of dickish. I couldn't for the life of me remember that title.

That Max Landis video got me into wrestling.

Well, that Landis video got me into Daniel Bryan. Which got me into wrestling.

Daniel Bryan and Max Landis are pretty cool is what I'm getting at here.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Max Lanis tows the line between endearing and insufferable

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

Gaz-L posted:

Even if she just made it a rolling elbow.

FullMetalJackoff posted:

A rolling elbow would be good, providing she doesn't turn at a snail-like pace. There's no need for Sheamus level telegraphing, just a slap on the elbow beforehand.

yeah thinking about it even something like Wade Barrett turning the elbow pad inside-out i thought was pretty cool (it helped that he could only do it once a match) so that would be fine

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Meltzer also described plans for Nikki to be the "top face" of the Smackdown women's division

rip Becky Lynch
July 19, 2016 - August 25, 2016
your run lasted one month and six days longer than you deserved

I'm starting to think you just don't have good taste in things

Your wife should have been the first clue

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WrasslorMonkey posted:

BOODERSCOTCH!

Mods please change thread title to BOODERSCOTCH!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That DICK! posted:

Max Lanis tows the line between endearing and insufferable

Max was once a goon, so it checks out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Braun is leading:
http://www.wwe.com/polls/member-of-raw-roster-with-best-chance-at-defeating-brock-lesnar

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Brock vs. BRAAAAAAUN w/ special guest referee Johnny Knockout

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Brock vs. BRAAAAAAUN w/ special guest referee Johnny Knockout

Refuses to count to three or register a submission because he wants to continue watching the large sweaty men

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress it, yeah, give Braun the rub

I accept defeat, Vince. Have anybody beat Brock and my response will be an excited "finally". Even Bray. Even Dean. Even Seth. Even Braun

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Decade of Destruction

https://twitter.com/LaRosaMendes/status/769022411522076678

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just in case anyone isn't following the CM Punk thread, this was posted there.

https://streamable.com/mnfs

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

gonna cite this the next time someone tries to claim that squashes aren't effective in getting guys over or whatever

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

gently caress it, yeah, give Braun the rub

I accept defeat, Vince. Have anybody beat Brock and my response will be an excited "finally". Even Bray. Even Dean. Even Seth. Even Braun

how about the big dog Roman reigns

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Codependent Poster posted:

He looks less skinny fat? v:shobon:v

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

He looks like he's having fun living out one of his dreams, I'm happy for him!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how about the big dog Roman reigns

I gave in and was fine with him getting the rub after Mania because honestly what was the point in fighting the god push anymore after that

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

NienNunb posted:

living the dream

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

NienNunb posted:

He's gonna be doing a lot of dreaming after his fight

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm happy for Punk and wish him the best of luck in his big fight! But even if he loses he still has a loving wife and millions of dollars to comfort him!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh AJ :3:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I'm happy for Punk and wish him the best of luck in his big fight! But even if he loses he still has a loving wife and millions of dollars to comfort him!

movie roles....san diego comic cons...anime expo...dude will stay busy

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

alpha_destroy posted:

there was a separate YouTube video of just the lovely gibberish version of John Cena's theme music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI5lrn69rOI

OldTennisCourt posted:

Those Rueben flavored chips owned by the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbuPT1ai98I

No Luck Needed fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 26, 2016

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Chris Jericho only has 2% of the vote? Buncha stupid idiots voting in that poll.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

i like punk but he should have gone the Batista route and beat the poo poo out of a fat old man in a Z-League mma promotion. Basically he deserves to get knocked out

in that sparring session he goes from having the other dude in his full guard to tapping out in under 20 seconds

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

He's gonna be doing a lot of dreaming after his fight

lol

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Can't dream if you're dead

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

This was adorable! I'm not a huge fan of hers but I would like to see her be the champ, especially over Nikki.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I like Becky and her awful pun-based promos. :unsmith:

She'd also be a better media ambassador as SD champ than Nikki, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Will Punk be the highest-paid jobber of all time?

• Locked thread