Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There are also some very nice looking KLXs here and there locally right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'll bet that guy is asking more than you want to pay, cause Hawk GTs are cult bikes now with an enthusiast following. If you get it, please do not hurt it.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5700241175.html

Have you ever snorted angel dust with your dickhole? Like the idea of punching a Great White Shark... while you're naked? Ever wanted to reach out to the other side and tell Paul Walker "Dude, I totally had you, and even your Mom doesn't miss you." Feel like doing something along those lines? Get on a Super Duke 990.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Man, that guy sounds like an insufferable tool. I dunno if I'd want a bike tainted by a previous owner like that.

What's the skinny on pre 1290 SD? Are they any good, or is the 1290 the be all end all? I take it they don't come with all the fancy safety tech that the current ones do (that make them so appealing to me).

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Space Whale posted:

Have you ever snorted angel dust with your dickhole? Like the idea of punching a Great White Shark... while you're naked? Ever wanted to reach out to the other side and tell Paul Walker "Dude, I totally had you, and even your Mom doesn't miss you." Feel like doing something along those lines? Get on a Super Duke 990.

I'd be rooting for ya, but have your next of kin send what's left of the bike my way.

Coydog posted:

Man, that guy sounds like an insufferable tool. I dunno if I'd want a bike tainted by a previous owner like that.

What's the skinny on pre 1290 SD? Are they any good, or is the 1290 the be all end all? I take it they don't come with all the fancy safety tech that the current ones do (that make them so appealing to me).

Less torque than the 1290, less power, reviews make it seem like the 1290 protects from wind better. ABS, but none of the riding modes and definitely not the wheelie-control. I've got the SMT, has the same "issue" with having a touchy throttle at low RPMs.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Space Whale posted:

Weird, the ad isn't for a 300 two stroke.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Space Whale posted:

Everything about this makes me want to die

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

builds character posted:

What bikes are 300 2 stroke?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

None, any more. Maybe some race-only MX or trials bike.

builds character posted:

You mean a 750 2-stroke triple, right?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Space Whale posted:

What bikes are 300 2 stroke?

Bikes that will kill you.

Sagebrush posted:

None, any more. Maybe some race-only MX or trials bike.

You mean a 750 2-stroke triple, right?

You're right. I do. Sorry about that. But please buy a GoPro first.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Coydog posted:

I'm a KTM SuperFan and there's no way I'd own a 950 SuperDuke, would buy a Tuono Factory instead. The 990, maybe. They're decent enough bikes, but they're early model KTMs and a little finicky.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Jet skis don't have guns!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Last time I rode a KTM 300 I felt and heard all of my joints crunch at once when I got off (onto a tree).

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
Saw something for sale I never knew existed: the TDR125

How rad! There's also a 250.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

80's/90's styled 250cc 2t supermoto? loving :getin:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

:catdrugs: :rice:

They look like a 2t TDM.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

High Protein posted:

Wow. Those look really cool. I love it.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

High Protein posted:

Those are rad as gently caress

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
This color is good too

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yeah those look pretty cool, I'd ride a teeder

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I'd ride one and feel like I'm straight out of Miami Vice

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Dog Case posted:

This color is good too

I have a feeling this is going to be the next retro fad. I'm also 101% behind it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ever since the day I saw a TW200 in this color, I've desperately wanted one

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Dog Case posted:

This color is good too

Where has this been all my life.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Space Whale posted:

"partial baffle delete" - translation, "I took a piece of rebar and slammed it around in the can for a few minutes, then turned it over and everything rattled out"?

I've ridden a 990 SuperDuke, and they are a ton of fun, but Z3n is right as usual. Given how hard this ad is trying I'd probably stay far, far away

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

HogX posted:

I'd ride one and feel like I'm straight out of Miami Vice

drat; one of those TDRs with a boombox bungeed to the back seat, playing a cassette tape of That Theme Song over and over...now where the hell do I find a white blazer with Kevlar and elbow armor?

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

I just noticed the mismatched front and rear wheels. Is that stock?? Or is there a different front end on there?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I bet it's a different rear. There's probably a bike with similar hub spacing that allowed for the same calipers and a wider rear tire and it just happened to be a cast wheel.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Some short person should buy this, they are pretty rare:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/mcy/5756798691.html

Miles are high and the battery is most certainly toast, but for $750? Would.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Carb rebuild kits are nearly impossible to come by for that thing :(

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Megasquirt? Some other EFI setup granted manifolds aren't a gigantic pain to fabricate or source?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Space Whale posted:

Megasquirt? Some other EFI setup granted manifolds aren't a gigantic pain to fabricate or source?

At which point you've spent way too much time and money on a 25 year old 400cc Suzuki.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Z3n posted:

Carb rebuild kits are nearly impossible to come by for that thing :(

Doesn't Keyster make a kit for it? I know Keyster is poo poo, but....

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Slide Hammer posted:

I just noticed the mismatched front and rear wheels. Is that stock?? Or is there a different front end on there?

Stock front, either a TDR125 rear wheel, or someone started doing a TZR wheel swap for better rubber options. You kids didn't even pick the best color of TDR - black and yellow like mine.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Is this a reasonable price for a Conny?

I feel like if I could get my girl on the back of one for a ride she'd let me have a dadbike.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
How many miles? I've been looking at these things, too, for more comfort than the ninjette on a budget.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

14,900, which I assume is next to nothing for a bike like that.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Dang, that's probably almost too low. I know if I got one I'd make sure it has the sidecases.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Why is the bike photoshopped onto a driveway? That seems odd.

I'm not hallucinating, right? That first/main image looks PS'd af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Can you tell by the pixels? Have you seen any photoshops in your time?

I think the driveway is just powerwashed and kind of bleached out in that spot. It does look a little weirdly contrasted though.