Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Lyon tapdancing all over DP during this early game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

iSurrender posted:

Sick oneliners bro.

Breaking news: Incompetent baby bitch supported by his parents gets buttmad when his stupid idiot retard posts get addressed like they are posted by a stupid idiot retard.

iSurrender posted:

Having a bottomless checkbook is completely unrelated to having a good business plan. Getting good players so you can win the league is not a business plan, it's one piece out of many, and if the other pieces arent there it's pointless.
Real sports teams dont spend a badrillion on Ronaldo because it means winning the league, they do it because his presence sells merch, tickets, more eyeballs in front of TVs to advertise to, and the value of potential actual sporting-success is the value of how much this influence these same factors.

You can just say that you know literally nothing about sports and the correlation between spending and chances of winning, you know, like that's a thing you can do

But that would require you to admit that you're talking out of your own rear end

If you don't already work for Riot you should apply there

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

The Mattybee posted:

You can just say that you know literally nothing about sports and the correlation between spending and chances of winning, you know, like that's a thing you can do

But that would require you to admit that you're talking out of your own rear end

If you don't already work for Riot you should apply there

That would make a lot more sense if I had been talking about the correlation between spending and chances of winning in the first place, you know, like reading is a thing you could do.

Keep the digs coming, buddy. It's a little comical though that with replies like yours I can't tell if it's actually my opinions that piss you off, or just your own pants-on-head fantasy about what you think my opinion is :)

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 26, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hi, ogn hosed up their sponsorship situation big time and is the reason teams are currently struggling to find them still. they do have way better production but they aren't some paragons of how to run pro league.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
hey guys Chiefs won a game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Can you guys post about the matches going on or something? No one's theories about the economics and ethics of pro league are particularly interesting at the moment given that we all have about 15% of the information needed to make informed decisions about what's going on. The NME guy is basically the only one who posted information that could be analyzed about running a team. The rest is just a lot of baseless speculation until Riot and the teams sort it out.

i am going to be watching the lpl finals with my girlfriend but i can try to convince her that i need to post about it to myself for the benefit of the goons. she already thinks i am an idiot so it will probably work.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

hi, ogn hosed up their sponsorship situation big time and is the reason teams are currently struggling to find them still. they do have way better production but they aren't some paragons of how to run pro league.

I still can't get over that the Tigers will be going to worlds with literally no sponsor as arguably the best team in the world

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

have you considered that it was Riot Gaming, LLC. who said no sister teams were allowed?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

GreyPowerVan posted:

have you considered that it was Riot Gaming, LLC. who said no sister teams were allowed?

The existence of sister teams is actually what hosed up the sponsorship situation.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

That's on KeSPA to find new major sponsors. After sister teams were abolished Tigers split off from Naijin (With an IM player or two) and made their own team instead of sticking with a KeSPA sponsor. I guess MVP could have picked up Tigers instead of trying to get their own challenger team but that was iirc the only KeSPA team that wasn't already qualified when the season started. Their situation is more unique than most because they're friends who formed a team first, not an organization that formed a team. How many other scenarios does a team leave an organization like that

I don't know why KeSPA hasn't picked up another major organization for sponsorship or why these major sponsors pay so little but OGN always had sponsors for Champions seasons like Hot6ix or Olympus or whatever.

e: I mean, OGN transitioned to LCK with 9 major organizations with two teams each + challenger teams down to 8 teams (And then to 10 teams) so even with a ton of teams moving over to China or NA there were still a lot more players than teams at the time and since OGN Masters was no longer going to be a thing there was no reason to be fielding a 10 person roster.

But who's fault is it that a Chinese Billionaire isn't buying the Tigers out like they did IM/Longzhu? If you're trying to blame OGN for the reason why Tigers don't have a sponsor I think you're misplacing blame

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 26, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What has been the most dominant team overall? SKT season 3? Season 5? Season 4 SSW? I think it's probably season 3 SKT. What do you guys think, and do you think we will see a team as dominant again.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97wKg9jvYbI

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's between Season 5 SKT who only dropped one game overall in the finals, or Samsung White who dropped two games but one wasn't all that serious of a loss

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Didn't season 3 SKT 3-0 the finals?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

GreyPowerVan posted:

What has been the most dominant team overall? SKT season 3? Season 5? Season 4 SSW? I think it's probably season 3 SKT. What do you guys think, and do you think we will see a team as dominant again.

TSM Season now

quote me on this

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

edit: Oh, I see you're saying the Chinese people not sponsoring ROX.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

RealFoxy posted:

It's between Season 5 SKT who only dropped one game overall in the finals, or Samsung White who dropped two games but one wasn't all that serious of a loss

Feels like SKT should take it for winning worlds and both splits of OGN vs White who were 3rd place in the splits.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

Didn't season 3 SKT 3-0 the finals?
No they went 3-2 against Naijin :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

edit: Oh, I see you're saying the Chinese people not sponsoring ROX.
Yeah it's baffling to me why a bottom tier Chinese team doesn't just outright disband their team then buyout Tigers and pour a bunch of money into them, seems like the easiest way to bragging rights since you wouldn't have to change anything about them and just pay them to do what they're already doing.

Furreal a Chinese team bought out Incredible loving Miracle

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Chiefs won 2 games? What the gently caress. Watching some vods in the morning i guess

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
anyone watching lpl finals? we've got ourselves a scout zed

e. rng bot lane getting monumentally hosed lol

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 26, 2016

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I watched it was interesting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i was hoping that RNG had any hopes of beating EDG but clearlove is too stronk. i guess when he doesn't want to let scout and mouse look like poo poo EDG is pretty scary :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sprite however is currently up 2-0 over EDG, so it looks like we might have our first worlds seed from the LPL in one more game

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
The Varus flex. Hmm.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Scout went to the Lpl? Cool.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, he signed on because pawn has really bad back problems. they actually had athena from esc ever last season, but he ended up on baby EDG and is the mid for I May now (which is also why AmazingJ and Fireloli are on I May)

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i was kind of down on china since the IEM where RNG/QG lost to that fnatic roster with klaj but this EDG look really cool. deft is my guy :)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the standard lanes patch is going to benefit the chinese teams a great deal more, as they were the region with the least frequent lane swaps, and their best lane swapping team is absolutely not going to worlds

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

the standard lanes patch is going to benefit the chinese teams a great deal more, as they were the region with the least frequent lane swaps, and their best lane swapping team is absolutely not going to worlds

:agreed: Riot really wanted to push the idea of scrappy fights throughout the whole game, and the LPL is usually a pretty bloody region in comparison to the rest of the world. Rewarding fighting and punishing lane swaps will be extremely good for the region when they're in international tournaments, probably benefiting them more than any other solitary region in the game. I could easily see a Chinese team making it to the finals depending on how the brackets shake up

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I mean Chinese teams make it to the finals pretty often anyways

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

EDG has done one stupid thing with frequency this summer, and even with the favorable no lane swaps meta they can easily do this thing and get upset at worlds, but it requires a specific series of events.

1) EDG draft a scaling comp and think, "we can win the early game and absolutely crush them by getting ahead early AND having better scaling, and even if we don't get ahead we outscale"
2) Specifically Clearlove gets say, Hecarim, and
3) For some reason Clearlove spends all of his time trying to gank bot, but it's not going great because they picked a weak early game and he doesn't have much gold, while simultaneously
4) Mouse and Scout both have tough lane match ups, and get largely ignored during all of this, and maybe they don't feed but they definitely get behind and
5) EDG cedes too much map control while getting very little out of Clearlove spending time farming and hovering around bot, and the team just can't dig themselves out of the hole

the biggest danger of this is going to come against a team they underestimate but that has a strong jungle/mid/top combo, not even all three, either jungle/mid or jungle/top.

they dropped games in the semis because of this and have shown no sign of understanding their problems when things go that way. i mean i do sort of get the idea of believing deft/meiko will get ahead even on scaling champions, but the problem comes in when Clearlove needs farm AND ignores the two undeniably weaker solo laners, especially if those solo laners get put on scaling picks or something like GP/Liss

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I thought scout was okay? I mean he's no faker or easypoon but he was their third string... Haha

But why don't you send that writeup to their coach?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

EDG spent a large portion of the spring split playing Fireloli literally for the hell of it, losing a ton of games because he's not really very good and Clearlove is their most important player. It's not like i am Internet Analysis here, buddy. They just do stupid inexplicable poo poo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Playing Fireloli for a few weeks would be like if TSM benched Bjergsen for Goldenglue for awhile. You know they aren't replacing him and also they aren't keeping Goldenglue, but gently caress it, mise.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Fun series and closer than the 3-0 would indicate.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Who is the LPL's best laneswapping team?

Also should I watch the whole thing or highlights?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I haven't watched but I'm going to assume your boys snake way or dragonball gamtee

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
jesus christ deft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

jesus christ deft

he missed the Q

• Locked thread