Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Sabretooth's come a long way from his Iron Fist roots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

SynthOrange posted:

sounds like he's actually bad

That's actually from Christos Gage's old limited series from ten years ago or so, the one that introduced his ex-girlfriend and daughter. I wouldn't call it proficiency; he just shoots a dude to enthusiastic pieces as retaliation for, as I recall, somebody going after his family.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gun man #27 is different from all the other gun men. while they can shoot guns to make the people die, #27 can shoot people with guns without killing them! whooo, amazing!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Deadshot once shot a man through his nutsack for threatening his family, and the bullet went up his spine and gave him Really Painful Death Disease, because he's really badass and cool.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Gun Man is my favorite Avenger. I like it when he uses his superpower to shoot people with guns and make them bleed and usually die.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Hey, I like Red Hood too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I rather like that almost without fail, Creed will show up on Logan's birthday and gently caress him up and peace out for a present.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Roth posted:

Speaking of Sabretooth and Wolverine

I love how petty this is. Makes me think Sabretooth sat on the side of the road for hours, waiting for Logan, all the while practicing the delivery of his insult.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Well, no, most of his time was spent cleaning up the wreckage and remains of the unfortunate souls who drove down the road before Logan got there. There's a reason he only tried that trick once, after three hours of that poo poo he was fed up.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Suicide Squad movie that should have been made.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

John Dyne posted:

I love how petty this is. Makes me think Sabretooth sat on the side of the road for hours, waiting for Logan, all the while practicing the delivery of his insult.

I just love the loving jetpack. It just completes the whole thing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Roth posted:

I just love the loving jetpack. It just completes the whole thing.

Yeah I don't want to know how or why he's wearing a jetpack. I just need like a year of comics of Sabretooth playing extremely violent pranks on Logan then Rocketeering out of his life until the next issue.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

Yeah I don't want to know how or why he's wearing a jetpack. I just need like a year of comics of Sabretooth playing extremely violent pranks on Logan then Rocketeering out of his life until the next issue.

But the gimmick's supposed to be Sabretooth does this every year on Logan's birthday!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gaz-L posted:

But the gimmick's supposed to be Sabretooth does this every year on Logan's birthday!

The series takes place over twelve years.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Year seven, Sabertooth is kind of depressed and just shows up to kick Logan in the nuts. As he walks away, Logan asks where the jetpack is. "... I don't want to talk about it."

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

John Dyne posted:

Fun Sabretooth is the best Sabretooth.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Who the hell is Deadpool beating to death on that page?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
He knows the score. You do NOT screw with someone in the middle of that sort of thing. It tends to get you hammered.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Red posted:

Fun Sabretooth is the best Sabretooth.

Please tell me this is in the middle of an entirely different issue and Sabretooth is nowhere else in the book.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kwyndig posted:

Who the hell is Deadpool beating to death on that page?

Black mask with white skull; I'm thinking either Taskmaster or Crossbones.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What's the source of the Wolverine/Sabretooth page?

prefect posted:

Don't know why he's mostly naked, but that's definitely Crossbones' mask and build.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

prefect posted:

That time it was Crossbones. He ends up dumping him in a hot air balloon in Central Park and cutting it loose. Later issue, Crossbones is still woozy (and still in the hot air balloon) and thinks he's hallucinating as Deadpool zips by riding in Phil Coulson't vintage Corvette air-car.

Lobok posted:

Don't know why he's mostly naked, but that's definitely Crossbones' mask and build.
I believe fire was involved.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

MikeJF posted:

Please tell me this is in the middle of an entirely different issue and Sabretooth is nowhere else in the book.

I agree with this, and will also accept the other way around, that this is the only time Deadpool appears in a Sabertooth comic.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

MikeJF posted:

I'm pretty certain this is exactly correct.

flosofl posted:

That time it was Crossbones. He ends up dumping him in a hot air balloon in Central Park and cutting it loose. Later issue, Crossbones is still woozy (and still in the hot air balloon) and thinks he's hallucinating as Deadpool zips by riding in Phil Coulson't vintage Corvette air-car.

The best Crossbones-Balloon is the payoff a few issues later

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Elfface posted:

That's amazing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Kid Twist was cooler than Deadshot tbh

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
also I've always instinctively hated Deadpool but that comic looks amazing please need a source

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

also I've always instinctively hated Deadpool but that comic looks amazing please need a source

I believe this is collected in the Deadpool vs SHIELD TPB.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Elfface posted:

Oh god, the Watchmen reference....

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Discendo Vox posted:

Oh god, the Watchmen reference....

:aaaaa: Totally missed that.

sarcasm

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
What? That's the only reference I got.

e:oh, phew

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I love Newspaper Spider-Man and everything he stands for.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

MikeJF posted:

You are correct sir.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

TheFallenEvincar posted:

It's issue 25 of Posehn & Duggan's run on Deadpool. The 24 issues leading up to his breakdown are just as amazing. It starts with assassinating undead presidents, subleting his brain to a dead shield agent, leads to a really hosed up North Korean Vacation with Wolverine and Captain America, and ends with blowing up a helicarrier and a complete breakdown.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 26, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

ImpAtom posted:

Holy poo poo, with canon like this it's no wonder Jay Pinkerton stopped doing his edits. They're not needed!

"Someone punched me! I better stand here, perfectly still, and scratch my chin as I think about how that could have happened. Oh poo poo, it happened again!"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Avulsion posted:

It's issue 25 of Posehn & Duggan's run on Deadpool. The 24 issues leading up to his breakdown are just as amazing. It starts with assassinating undead presidents, subleting his brain to a dead shield agent, leads to a really hosed up North Korean Vacation with Wolverine and Captain America, and ends with blowing up a helicarrier and a complete breakdown.
okay, I'm in, I'm in.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

This is a genius comic because the first two panels can be reused in the next strip when Ant-Man or whoever slips through the webbing.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Avulsion posted:

The whole run is amazing and was on my pull list from issue 1.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Duke Igthorn posted:

The whole run is amazing and was on my pull list from issue 1.

The Undead Presidents arc is still my favorite storyline of any comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Elfface posted:

Am I seeing things or is the "Rorschach dayjob sandwich board loony" spot filled by Alan Moore in the background?