Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

This tweet makes zero goddamn sense at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sharkbomb posted:

That's what I'm trying to say-- there were many levels of preparation and communicating tax returns between Trump's people and to/from the IRS. That information is out in the world beyond just some tightly controlled IRS database. Also, Trump gets tons of tax breaks from state entities for being in real estate and I'd bet they have seen his returns and have copies sitting in email boxes of low-level state grunts. Trump's businesses are so sprawling I have a difficult time believing that poo poo is locked down.

Maybe something like a Nevada return could pop up but that wont tell you much.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

euphronius posted:

Maybe something like a Nevada return could pop up but that wont tell you much.

Okay I'll cede the argument - I don't know anything about this poo poo and am just doing some coffee-fueled blind speculatin'

but if those returns get leaked in a few months I am going to gloat like a motherfucker

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Oiled and Ready is right about the endocrine disrupting compounds btw. Chemicals in the water turning the friggin' frogs gay is a v funny Alex Jones bit but it's also a serious concern amongst the environmental chemist types who investigate these things. Both from mass-produced plastics and from the contraceptive pill (women pee out most of the hormones in the pill and they last for a really, really long time). The jury's still out if it has any effect on people but fish and amphibians and even molluscs and poo poo can be pretty hosed up by it. There's a SERIOUS SCIENCE PEER REVIEWED REVIEW ARTICLE here if you wanna read more. I dunno how well-regarded it is cause I just googled around for one but it's been cited 19 times which is better than nothing?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

euphronius posted:

Trump seems immune to Russian hacking

Good luck so far I guess?

He pays the hackers protection money. Sort of.

Except instead of him paying them to let him do what he wants, they pay him so that he can do what they want.

Though it might be entirely without the payment bit.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/spectreforever/status/768938497881219072
https://twitter.com/drdavidduke/status/769044017963266048

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

zen death robot posted:

I'll change someone's name to "redneck nazgul" if they dare claim it

God dammit, too slow reading the earlier pages and thinking up "Witch King of NASCAR". loving Night Crew and reading through the conspiracy theories.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pancakes posted:

"Witch King of NASCAR"

:golfclap:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I get probated for poo poo that other people do and get away with, it's a rigged system folks and low-energy liddle Shenji needs to be locked up. Sad!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

sharkbomb posted:

I see what you're saying.

I guess I'm just disinclined to believe that ANY information that is so valuable is possibly safe, especially during this election. Trump and Clinton both have lawyers combing the depths for any and everything, journalists are FOIA'ing every thing in existence, and everyone's poo poo is getting hacked. So many people have been hacked this cycle I have a hard time believing that the collective mass of Trump's lawyers --> IRS is totally secure. I think if his tax documents DO get leaked it will be blamed on a hack that didn't happen.

The Juanita Broadrick case against Bill Clinton was press gossip by 1992, it didn't hit papers until 1999.

In 2003, the media (liberal and conservative) ridiculed people who said Saudi was involved and turned "the 28 pages" into a joke. They accepted McCain's SNL appearance where he got offended at a Mexican stereotype and then took a dramatic pause before he delivered the punchline, "I JAS KEEDINGGGG!"

4 days before the declaration of war, Cheney went on Tim Russert. He asserted that the facts indicated that Iraq was "reconstituting nuclear weapons". Russert made him repeat himself. Unlike all other statements about WMDs, this one is clearly a lie that Cheney had no reason to believe.

A year later, only two journalists had the balls to call Cheney out on this impeachable travesty: Russert and Chris Matthews. To this day it's one of a few issues Matthews is strikingly informed on.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Oiled and Ready posted:

The Juanita Broadrick case against Bill Clinton was press gossip by 1992, it didn't hit papers until 1999.

In 2003, the media (liberal and conservative) ridiculed people who said Saudi was involved and turned "the 28 pages" into a joke. They accepted McCain's SNL appearance where he got offended at a Mexican stereotype and then took a dramatic pause before he delivered the punchline, "I JAS KEEDINGGGG!"

4 days before the declaration of war, Cheney went on Tim Russert. He asserted that the facts indicated that Iraq was "reconstituting nuclear weapons". Russert made him repeat himself. Unlike all other statements about WMDs, this one is clearly a lie that Cheney had no reason to believe.

A year later, only two journalists had the balls to call Cheney out on this impeachable travesty: Russert and Chris Matthews. To this day it's one of a few issues Matthews is strikingly informed on.

I want no part of this

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

C2C - 2.0 posted:

This tweet makes zero goddamn sense at all.

you need to get truly twisted on some dank david duke memery to comprehend what is going on

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the amount of prep work a normal citizen must do to wholly comprehend the discourse occurring in the 2016 presidential campaign is staggering & cannot be recommended by any reasonable person

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Fargo Fukes posted:

Oiled and Ready is right about the endocrine disrupting compounds btw. Chemicals in the water turning the friggin' frogs gay is a v funny Alex Jones bit but it's also a serious concern amongst the environmental chemist types who investigate these things. Both from mass-produced plastics and from the contraceptive pill (women pee out most of the hormones in the pill and they last for a really, really long time). The jury's still out if it has any effect on people but fish and amphibians and even molluscs and poo poo can be pretty hosed up by it. There's a SERIOUS SCIENCE PEER REVIEWED REVIEW ARTICLE here if you wanna read more. I dunno how well-regarded it is cause I just googled around for one but it's been cited 19 times which is better than nothing?

Yeah for a good analogy imagine Hitler often ranted about how CFCs were actually Jewish mind control

It's a similarly dumb argument but if people ignored Carson because she was "aping Hitler" they'd be dumb too

the blind spot of western science is anything that is both beneficial for big pharma/oil/etc AND counterproductive for liberals to accept as fact

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Al! posted:

yep, seems like a good way to quickly put dumb bullshit out there

Is this from that forthcoming Trump News Network animated program, Cucktales?

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Oiled and Ready posted:

Imagine a majority of American black people were in Nation of Islam or the new black panthers, but to make a fair analogy only a small portion of them committed atrocities in the name of these groups. It'd be more like that.

Imagine that 90% of blacks in America had a religious book recommending acts like the Dallas shooting, but ~60% of them condemned that act of violence in broad rhetoric.

Now imagine a further complication, that respected elders of their religion had long recommended they pretend to be tolerant until they had true power because their false tolerance would be forgiven for the greater good.

Finally, imagine some of this group had full citizenship already but most of them were visitors. We also never enslaved them or forced America on them.

In any reality I would be more defensive with this group, but I would take care to make sure the people already given citizenship felt welcome and knew society's expectations. And yes I would shun any Christian group with similar faults.
youre becoming a better poster again but this is one of those dilbert/sam harris thought experiments that just takes it so far it loses all relevancy

i just meant Wilders calls his program 'The Netherlands Belong To Us Again', then opens with

Here is our plan: instead of financing the entire world and people we don't want here, we start giving our money to the average Dutch person.

and then lists all his ideas on how to stop islamization, literally the only part of his 'program' that has any specifics

since the main racial antagonism here isnt black/hispanic <-> white, but muslim/arab <-> white it's much easier to read it as a huge dogwhistle for white identity ('the average Dutch person')

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Cael posted:

Is this from that forthcoming Trump News Network animated program, Cucktales?

Awoo ooo

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/769045744108068869 So in addition to at least congressman Kingston claiming full ignorance of the alt-right yesterday and now Trump doing the same thing, what exactly are they hoping to gain? Seems to me that alt-righters are some of Trump's biggest remaining supporters, and for him to stand up in an interview and go "who?" would have a lot of potential to work against him.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

paranoid randroid posted:

hahaha gently caress you boosted, you little delicate flower. gently caress your guns too. im comin for your poo poo, riding on an alligator through the mire like a redneck nazgul. hissssss baggins hissss yall

pluckin my fuckin banjo and singing a hootenanny in the mordor tongue

Pancakes posted:

God dammit, too slow reading the earlier pages and thinking up "Witch King of NASCAR".

This amazing. I can't stop laughing.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 26, 2016

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

the blind spot of western science is anything that is both beneficial for big pharma/oil/etc AND counterproductive for liberals to accept as fact

you say a lot of dumb poo poo but today has been a new level

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Grey Fox posted:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/769045744108068869 So in addition to at least congressman Kingston claiming full ignorance of the alt-right yesterday and now Trump doing the same thing, what exactly are they hoping to gain? Seems to me that alt-righters are some of Trump's biggest remaining supporters, and for him to stand up in an interview and go "who?" would have a lot of potential to work against him.

Trump 2016: I don't know what Steve said.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

galt white galt white GALLLLT WHIIIIITE

Holy poo poo bill is that the neighbor's retarded kid? The hell is he saying? Alt.... Right?

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

WILLY: Dilbret, you get memo?
DILBRET: I don't read memos anymore, I've become a neocameralist anarcho-fascist
WILLY: What?
DILBRET: I don't believe in labels, ideology, or modernity. That includes memos. I'm an influencer now.
WILLY: Oh.
THE WOMAN: Feminism

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Grey Fox posted:

The alt-righters can just say "he's pretending to not know us" -- this won't reduce their support at all.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Squizzle posted:

quebec french has unvoiced vowels

like, they switch to whispering for some vowel sounds. hosed up

Like French didn't have enough silent letters. Truly the most innovative version of French.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Grey Fox posted:

They're not going to abandon their candidate just because he's pretending to distance himself from them. They know he's going to keep saying "what everyone is thinking" about minorities and as long as he keeps running his mouth they will maintain their support

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Grey Fox posted:

His other options are "embrace the alt-right" which is poison for other voters or "denounce the alt-right" which is poison for his base, this is the same response as the David Duke poo poo

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Don't see what's wrong with those two pictures.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Grey Fox posted:

It's doubly weird because to the general public, alt-right as a thing doesn't matter. All they care about are the horrible things people closely associated with Trump do/say. No one gives a poo poo if Bannon is alt-right, they care that he ran a site that ran stories with headlines like "birth control makes you ugly" and all that other insane poo poo Hillary pointed out in her speech.

It's important to bring up the name to get people in the alt-right to start losing their poo poo, but the important part is the message.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Grey Fox posted:

They don't care. "Masterful art of negotiation / He's just feigning ignorance."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Speaking of Angela Merkel:

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/709158812712890369

:stonklol: uh, nobody worse than that you say?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

sharkbomb posted:

I want no part of this

I made a rare argument that modern journalists are spineless pussies WITHOUT blaming the Jews

-no investigation of FDR inciting Pearl Harbor

-Zero coverage of a gun that literally causes a heart attack. A few years ago the CIA released video testimony of a 1975 government group discussing and appearing to approve a dart gun intended to induce heart attack.

-warren commission finds Oswald as sole shooter, later congressional hearing "thrown out for false audio" that finds it had to be multiple shooters, no media coverage

-Zero media focus on the mechanism of 9/11 collapse- assuming it's all true, the first 3 steel buildings to ever collapse from heat all falling same day is worth a closer look, surely? If only for edification?

Let's do a different scenario, a little closer to moral home.

How many journalists in late 2001 and all of 2002 did smart, complex stories on the justifications for the Iraq war? And how many wrote either hawkish thinkpieces or endlessly recycled their favorite "Identity politics" thought experiments instead?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
That photo with the twins is uncomfortable but not for the reason the person that made the image thinks.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

Speaking of Angela Merkel:

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/709158812712890369

:stonklol: uh, nobody worse than that you say?

Hitler wasn't a bad Chanc-

E: NEVERMIND apparently he was Chancellor through 1945 so defense dropped, only worse Chancellor was Chancellor velorum

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
One of these days it'd be pleasant to see a journalist push back while interviewing Trump when he makes some assertive statement about the interviewer.

In that Cooper interview, Trump says "You see what's going on in the polls.." as if Cooper just innately agrees with Trump that the polls are favorable.

Would've been nice to hear Cooper say that, no, I don't see the polls tilting in your favor sir.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

One of these days it'd be pleasant to see a journalist push back while interviewing Trump when he makes some assertive statement about the interviewer.

In that Cooper interview, Trump says "You see what's going on in the polls.." as if Cooper just innately agrees with Trump that the polls are favorable.

Would've been nice to hear Cooper say that, no, I don't see the polls tilting in your favor sir.

It's funny, I only caught 5 minutes of the interview which was that exact part, and I too was wondering how Cooper let that one get by. It was a big fat pitch down the center.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

drat look at the Hillary thread regulars on the bottom there.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who do you think had more blood in em Trump or Hillary?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

This is folly and Cooper knows it.

Trump has no logical defense if you question a specific, but if you bite when he says "we all know", "people are saying" or "you see what's going on" he will tear you apart. No smart journalist ever bites on his traps anymore, and that's what they are.

Cooper's most righteous journalistic strategy now is to keep feeding Trump's ego and steer him in the most ridiculous direction he can muster.

E: you all are criticizing a VANDERBILT who has interviewed Trump tens of times before on his strategy

Remind me who hates the globalists again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q2oLn8Bmfo

• Locked thread