Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's like, Swift made a career out of slinging poo poo at other people in her songs, how sorry can anyone actually feel for her?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DrVenkman posted:

It's like, Swift made a career out of slinging poo poo at other people in her songs, how sorry can anyone actually feel for her?

Seriously you want to give Ye and the Kardashians poo poo about what they said about Amber a while back then I am right there with you. I have Zero sympathy for Taylor Swift tho

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

xbilkis posted:

She signed off on the line "I feel like Taylor still owes me sex" which seems 100x more problematic, she acknowledged the "made me famous" part in the phone call and she said she was on board with the clear intent of the line, so it's a pretty big leap to become scandalized solely by the use of the word 'bitch' in a rap song

HorseRenoir posted:

Taylor Swift personally approved a line about her owing Kanye sex for making her famous, but using the word "bitch" in a rap song is going too far

The line is not "owe me sex", it's "I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex," which has a completely different meaning. It's still somewhat inflammatory but it still gives Taylor Swift autonomy.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

KVeezy3 posted:

The line is not "owe me sex", it's "I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex," which has a completely different meaning. It's still somewhat inflammatory but it still gives Taylor Swift autonomy.

That was an alternate line that Kanye also ran by her.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

xbilkis posted:

The problem is her original statement gloms onto a (potential) kernel of truth and stretches it into a gigantic lie:

She signed off on the line "I feel like Taylor still owes me sex" which seems 100x more problematic, she acknowledged the "made me famous" part in the phone call and she said she was on board with the clear intent of the line, so it's a pretty big leap to become scandalized solely by the use of the word 'bitch' in a rap song

Let's face it, Kanye is no stranger to big leaps himself having gone from dissing the President of the United States on live TV and impressing Jay-Z enough to get him to rap on "N***** In Paris", to dissing the President of the Mickey Mouse Club on social media and trying to impress the apex sex predators of the Paris fashion scene by paying a midget with AIDS to rape.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

T r a v i s posted:

Let's face it, Kanye is no stranger to big leaps himself having gone from dissing the President of the United States on live TV and impressing Jay-Z enough to get him to rap on "N***** In Paris", to dissing the President of the Mickey Mouse Club on social media and trying to impress the apex sex predators of the Paris fashion scene by paying a midget with AIDS to rape.

wow look at this post

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPqm8wV9_Os

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Impressing jay z enough

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Perfume ad up on vevo

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

wolves vid ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsA84bXrBZw

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

I think I prefer the snl version

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Herzog gives a pretty solid analysis of Famous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPP7CxzQiQ

"This is good stuff!"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/HYPETRAK/status/768836733182046208

I like how MTV is wording it as if he's going to do anything but just a performance lol.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Please god let it be a 4 minute extended version of I Miss The Old Kanye.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/TeamKanyeDaily/status/768988785644273664

https://twitter.com/JustVitto/status/768995268851142656

Two things

1. Your fav could never

2. If you got GA/Floor seats flip those motherfuckers and get a better seat now unless you want a hosed up neck.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
lol just LOL that he thought to record that phone call

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
So happy I Got tickets

bows1 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 26, 2016

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
Any word on opening acts or anything like that? It looks like maybe he didnt have one for the opener, but maybe subsequent shows will.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Holy gently caress that video for Fade :stare::stare::stare:

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Holy gently caress that video for Fade :stare::stare::stare:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Like most people who never listen to hip hop, my introduction to Kanye West was the Taylor Swift incident. However, I just listened to five of his albums in the last 24 hours and my mind is loving BLOWN. This man is a genius and could possibly become my favorite artist. Yeezus is unreal

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I'm so jealous of you.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ive also begun listening to hip hop/rap a lot in the last few weeks and loving it. Kendrick Lamar is great. Outkast I never knew beyond "Hey Ya"

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

blue squares posted:

Ive also begun listening to hip hop/rap a lot in the last few weeks and loving it. Kendrick Lamar is great. Outkast I never knew beyond "Hey Ya"

It's a great time to be a rap fan, though if you're setting the bar at Kanye, Kendrick, and OutKast - three artists I'd say tower over the competition of the last couple of decades of rap - you might be let down with almost everything else. :v:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Now listen to every Gucci mane album.

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Listen to everything Wayne released from 05 to 08

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

free weezy isn't awful

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I feel like Gucci Mane and Lil Wayne are not serious suggestions

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

blue squares posted:

then youre dumb as hell

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
anyone seen Kanye on this tour yet? Ticketmaster just opened up a ton of "behind the stage" tickets for the MSG shows, but with the floating stage setup, is there actually, like, a stage blocking your view from those seats?

or I could get a $226 GA ticket :captainpop:

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 5, 2016

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

blue squares posted:

You're right, just listen to the truly best rap song of our generation on repeat for a few days. It's called Laffy Taffy.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

thathonkey posted:

then youre dumb as hell

My bad! I had an impression of them as writers of songs like "SHOTS" but that's Lil' John. I'll just assume I know nothing about rap from here on out.

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

anyone seen Kanye on this tour yet? Ticketmaster just opened up a ton of "behind the stage" tickets for the MSG shows, but with the floating stage setup, is there actually, like, a stage blocking your view from those seats?

or I could get a $226 GA ticket :captainpop:

saw the second toronto show. assuming it's the same setup behind the stage should still have a good view of the float. it's entirely suspended from above by the looks of it

GA definiteliy looked like a lot more fun though

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

blue squares posted:

They're serious in that they're popular rappers, but they're not serious in terms of "I like Kendrick, Outkast, and Kanye West, what else would I like". I'm not saying you won't like them (and Wayne in particular has a ton of great music), and if you're actually interested in getting more into rap it would be a good idea to check them out just to branch out, but the sound is gonna be very different. It's people recommending stuff they like vs. stuff that's actually similar to what you're liking.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

blue squares posted:

Gucci mane is a loving legend

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
Check out Acid Rap by Chance the Rapper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Atmosphere, Busdriver, Immortal Technique, Macklemore

• Locked thread