Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
A high-powered business drama that is completely serious yet runs entirely on Monopoly rules is totally a movie that I'd say I would watch and then never get around to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tippis posted:

How do you make a 96-minute move out of a 6-minute event, 2˝ of which were uneventful. :psyduck:
It looks to be dealing a lot with the legal aftermath and the effects of being called a hero

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Tippis posted:

How do you make a 96-minute move out of a 6-minute event, 2˝ of which were uneventful. :psyduck:

By following the media blitz and aftermath of the event and how it affected the dude at the center of it all?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

By following the media blitz and aftermath of the event and how it affected the dude at the center of it all?

I was going to guess a lot of slow motion, but your idea works too.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

chiasaur11 posted:

I was going to guess a lot of slow motion, but your idea works too.

I like your guess better, but I suppose an “I'm no hero”-story will have to do.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
A little late with the update, but let's see what Drake's up to in his wonderful, very legal life.

Episode 4: Alcázar.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I'm really enjoying older Sam's Christian Slater aesthetic and boy does that make me want to see Naughty Dog do a Mr. Robot game.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I like that despite being "out" of the whole treasure hunting game, Drake still apparently keeps all his buddies on speed dial.

I also love Alcazar as a villain. He switches from between friendly and amicable to intense and threatening so quickly that you can tell neither is even an act for him. He's just a friendly sociopath trying to make his way in the world.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yuuuuup. Someone mentioned earlier that because this is an adventure game, you won't see Elena horribly murdered in front of Nathan or anything. But it looks like their homey normal lifestyle is going to be murdered all the same.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I like that despite being "out" of the whole treasure hunting game, Drake still apparently keeps all his buddies on speed dial.

What's very interesting in these past two episodes is how hard Drake is trying to push being Normal, I remember when I first played this game how surprised it was Elena pushing for the salvage Job. I thought it was kind of a neat way of pushing the games themes with how hard drake is counterbalancing his personal tendencies (Very Gawain).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Scaramouche posted:

Yuuuuup. Someone mentioned earlier that because this is an adventure game, you won't see Elena horribly murdered in front of Nathan or anything. But it looks like their homey normal lifestyle is going to be murdered all the same.

well yea, there wouldn't be a game if nate just stayed at home

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Well no, he wouldn't stay home. He and Elena will have kids, take them to the park, and Nate can perform all his fancy acrobatics on the jungle gym.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

We're Just Running In The 90's
The tiny animation details have impressed me again. This time it was the facial movement while Sam was smoking.

Also

Manatee Cannon posted:

You could just go home and play Crash Bandicoot.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Nate also has great facial expression when he calls Elena. You can tell he's feeling terrible about lying but also excited how his brother is back and can go on an adventure with him.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
What a place to end the video. Nathan, nooo, Elena's gonna check up on you the moment after you leave and then you'll be exposed and you'll worry her to death because you didn't tell her poo poo about your brother and she won't find out until they kidnap her for leverage on you because you're part of the operation and everything will be terrible

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Manatee Cannon posted:

Given the previous chapter, I really wouldn't mind a game that was just about Nate and Helena playing Crash, Nerf guns and making dinner.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I really like the general emotional concept behind this, two older brothers having one last adventure together. My dad's brother, my uncle, was a huge car geek, always working on hot rods and making a living as a mechanic. When he unexpectedly passed away in his 40s, my dad was pretty torn up about it. He ended up taking his brother's favorite car, the one he put the most time and money and love into, on a road trip by himself, and found it cathartic. I imagine his brother coming back one day and going "hey lets go on a joy ride, just you and me" is exactly the kind of wish fulfillment he had in mind.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Junior G-man posted:

Given the previous chapter, I really wouldn't mind a game that was just about Nate and Helena playing Crash, Nerf guns and making dinner.

Yeah, the game's done a good job of selling Nathan Drake: REGULAR GUY. I mean, there was some talk about how important it is to get people on the lead character's side before things get serious back in the ZoE thread, but this game is taking it to the next level.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I miss Charlie, so it's heartening to know that Nate still keeps in touch with him and occasionally recommends him to people looking to do crimes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wish there was The Walking Dead-style stats about how many people picked Uncharted 1, 2, or 3 in the conversation at the start. Also where's my Golden Abyss tie-in dammit.

edit: "Ok Sam so, this one time I had an adventure on the Playstation Vita. Ever heard of it?"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

They make a killer trivia night team.

I like that Drake's got an old flip-phone and not something new and fancy. He probably picked that thing specifically so it could handle the kind of bullshit he'd put it through.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Smart phones might not exist yet. From the ps1 being a PS1 and not a ps3 emulating crash I just kind of assumed the game takes place in around that era.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Oh Drake buddy come on. Bring Elena along she's just as bored writing about smog as you are digging up semis (semi's?).

At least don't lie to her about it she's a journalist. She'll find out you dumdum.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

CJacobs posted:

Smart phones might not exist yet. From the ps1 being a PS1 and not a ps3 emulating crash I just kind of assumed the game takes place in around that era.
Elena is a proper retro gamer who has to play her old games on the original hardware, she's having none of this emulation nonsense. :colbert: (actually I think the PS3 has hardware-based backwards compatibility for PSX games, but still)

Seriously though, each main Uncharted game is supposed to take place around the time the development was going on.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 26, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Of all the bad ideas Drake has had in these games, and it might be like a 100:1 Bad:Good ratio, lying to his wife at the end there is probably the worst. What a moron that dude is.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CJacobs posted:

edit: "Ok Sam so, this one time I had an adventure on the Playstation Vita. Ever heard of it?"
"There was that one time I climbed massive statues by sliding my finger over them... It was a massive improvement, given how linear all of those ruins are."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cleretic posted:

They make a killer trivia night team.

Now I really want the Uncharted: Home Life game that also includes Nate, Charlie, and Chloe bar hopping and drunkenly playing trivia games.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

chitoryu12 posted:

Now I really want the Uncharted: Home Life game that also includes Nate, Charlie, and Chloe bar hopping and drunkenly playing trivia games.

That, or the opposite, kind of like Sherlock Homes Consultant Detective — you have to beat them at drunken trivia game. They get faster response times for anything really obscure related to history's great expeditions; they get time penalties for anything related to pop culture. The trick is to balance getting answers right and answering them quickly so you have time to get more drunk.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
So, any bets that Rafe will be at the auction anyway, spot the brothers, and call security down on them for a tense action scene? I'm kinda hoping we end up with two villains with diametrically opposed goals who end up clashing with the brothers being caught in the crossfire. Rafe would want you dead if you succeed, for snatching up the treasure he's no doubt spent millions already trying to find, and Alcazar would want you dead if you fail, for not delivering it. Ooh, or Rafe could conscript them to work for him, leading to all different complications where between him and Alcazar, the villains are asking for more than 100% of the treasure, or something like that. There are so many possibilities; I can't wait for the next update. :allears:

Also goddamn Sam, were you not listening to the stories? Yes, Nate is very good at finding treasure...and then destroying it. How will that help you with Alcazar, you dummy? Dude doesn't want excuses, he wants half of four hundred million bucks, and that is not something your little brother can keep intact long enough to hand off to a drug lord. Take Cutter's help and win for once. After you've got the drug lord off your back, then you can go gallivanting with your bro.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Of all the bad ideas Drake has had in these games, and it might be like a 100:1 Bad:Good ratio, lying to his wife at the end there is probably the worst. What a moron that dude is.

Don't you just love CW-level drama?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Junior G-man posted:

If you hit Elena on the run, you can still use steel fist, except instead Nate scoops her up and gives her a big ol' smooch :3:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Think about it this way. Drake's marriage is his greatest treasure, and if he goes with Sam on an adventure with Elena, it will crumble like all the other great treasures he finds do. Ergo, this was a good decision on his part and not a terrible one.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Two things:

1. I love how the prison layout is entirely consistent between the two times you go there.

2. Is it possible to clear Sam's prison break without shooting anyone?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Think about it this way. Drake's marriage is his greatest treasure, and if he goes with Sam on an adventure with Elena, it will crumble like all the other great treasures he finds do. Ergo, this was a good decision on his part and not a terrible one.

On the other hand, lying to Elena about this whole thing might end up destroying this treasure just as thoroughly as he has every other treasure he lays his hands on.

Doc Lunarwind
Mar 22, 2005
Awww, Drake is so cute in the first video when he sees his first murder.

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

It is such needless drama. It would be so easy to explain. "My brother's life is in danger and I need to help him out." Done.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

2. Is it possible to clear Sam's prison break without shooting anyone?

Yes. The AI for the allies will eventually kill everyone, but it will take a while.

Well, at least I'm pretty sure they will. My first time through they game I stubbornly decided to not shoot any guards. I was able to make it to the turret section, but died so many times due to decaying cover that I decided to just shoot people and get it done with.

TooManyUzukis fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 26, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

RareAcumen posted:

Don't you just love CW-level drama?

One of the reasons I bowed out of this game early on. I'm still watching this LP,so Chip might be able to turn me around on this game yet. Lord knows he did that for Revengance.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Did Sam have the tattoo of the three birds on his neck 15 years ago or was that new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Discendo Vox posted:

Two things:

1. I love how the prison layout is entirely consistent between the two times you go there.

I know we're all having fun admiring all the details and nice touches and whatnot in this game, but "they reused an area from earlier and it didn't spontaneously morph into something else" isn't exactly one of them.

• Locked thread