Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

Unless they're amped smart pistols which trigger something in peoples' minds that causes them to lose their poo poo

Amped Smart Pistols are the only amped weapons I want :grin:

Knifegrab posted:

I'd much prefer they went with something way more exciting for the burn card replacement, but we'll see I guess.

Well they had those little spider things as a power up, hopefully they have more cool power ups like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Antoine Silvere posted:

Amped Smart Pistols are the only amped weapons I want :grin:

You're a terrible person.

Also, there might be some tie-in poo poo for bonus skins via merchandise, since this McFarlane Figure apparently comes with an exclusive spray for the Titans. I wonder if they'll expand on it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of figures. Have you guys seen the 2 foot tall, 500 dollar Titan toys they make? I saw one on the store recently and it was loving crazy. Wanted it so bad but I'm not going to pay $500 for an action figure.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

NESguerilla posted:

Speaking of figures. Have you guys seen the 2 foot tall, 500 dollar Titan toys they make? I saw one on the store recently and it was loving crazy. Wanted it so bad but I'm not going to pay $500 for an action figure.

I have one, Atlas, it's dope as poo poo and the coolest figure in my collection, but god drat it I also want the Stryder and Ogre figures but that's another $1K on toys... welp.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If I had a ton of extra cash I'd buy that atlas one. Even the pilot was amazingly detailed and poseable.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

I have one, Atlas, it's dope as poo poo and the coolest figure in my collection, but god drat it I also want the Stryder and Ogre figures but that's another $1K on toys... welp.

It's ok, you got the best one so you don't need those other, worse ones

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

You're a terrible person.

Well, you're not wrong

Lemming posted:

But he said he got the Atlus, not the Strider :confused:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Well, you're not wrong

But he said he got the Atlus, not the Strider :confused:

The Stryder has a soft head like a baby

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Is there really no attrition in the game yet? That was the most fun and populated game mode from what I saw.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Sadly no, Bounty Hunter is the mode to replace it. But if the tech test are any indication to go off of, it won't anywhere near as fun as Attrition was.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Sadly no, Bounty Hunter is the mode to replace it. But if the tech test are any indication to go off of, it won't anywhere near as fun as Attrition was.

Wait, forreal? Attrition was literally the only mode I played in the first game and the most popular mode by far from what I could tell. Bounty Hunter on the other hand was annoying enough to have me playing Amped Hardpoint exclusively last weekend.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
So, should I still be excited about this game or is it time for a meltdown?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It's always time for a good meltdown.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Like every game, wait and see, ya jabroni.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like it. For what that's worth

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

bango skank posted:

Wait, forreal? Attrition was literally the only mode I played in the first game and the most popular mode by far from what I could tell. Bounty Hunter on the other hand was annoying enough to have me playing Amped Hardpoint exclusively last weekend.

Same here. All I played was attrition, poo poo was awesome and I'll be sad if there isn't a version of it in the new one.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Keep in mind that all or most non-gameplay DLC will be free so they could probably just add Attrition as a mode in one of their updates.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I want it now!

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Source? As far as I know this hasn't been confirmed.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Antoine Silvere posted:

Source? As far as I know this hasn't been confirmed.

They have been pretty quiet about all the complaints about no Attrition since the rumors started. There was a quote from a Polygon article about Bounty Hunt being the new Attrition

Respawn Producer posted:

"The game mode is 'Bounty Hunt,' an evolution of Attrition from the last game," McCoy said. "It's a really good casual mode. It's very target-rich and great if you have 10 minutes to get to grips with this game while you're playing it."

Yesterday I asked the lead engineer at Respawn on twitter about it and he surprisingly kinda confirmed that it's not in the game.

https://twitter.com/jonshiring/status/768978057931526144

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 26, 2016

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lemming posted:

I know but I just want them. :smith:

Wazzit posted:

They have been pretty quiet about all the complaints about no Attrition since the rumors started. There was a quote from a Polygon article about Bounty Hunt being the new Attrition

Yesterday I asked the lead engineer at Respawn on twitter about it and he surprisingly kinda confirmed that it's not in the game.

gently caress man, I'm getting less and less excited for this game now.

Peach Pusher
Apr 15, 2003

You're Armpit
Thank god I had the ability to have fun in the other non-attrition modes in TF1. I don't really get the 'attrition only' mentality.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
What is attrition, and why is everyone making GBS threads over themselves for it?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Well that sucks :( I'm still holding out hope though :pray:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

el B posted:

What is attrition, and why is everyone making GBS threads over themselves for it?

It's basically Team Deathmatch. AI Grunts and Spectres count as 1 point, Pilot kills are 4 and Titans are worth 5. First to 300 wins. It's a fun simple chaotic game mode that is easy to pick up and play.

I would be fine with Attrition being removed if it had a worthy successor, Bounty Hunt is definitely not that.

It's like that annual joke that we make in the COD thread about "OH MAN THEY GOT TDM AND DOM IN THIS GAME!!!" but this time around they don't include these modes so we are only left with Uplink and Blitz. :shrug:

Peach Pusher
Apr 15, 2003

You're Armpit
It's a mode that lets you kill other players and call down titans which you can do in the other modes.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

If you have a PS4 or XB1 you can play the tech test right now. If you're PC-only you can wait until launch and buy the game on Origin and get a refund after a couple of hours if you dislike it, their refund policy is really good. It's definitely one of those games that you need to play for yourself to see if you'll enjoy it or not, though.

Mordja posted:

Keep in mind that all or most non-gameplay DLC will be free so they could probably just add Attrition as a mode in one of their updates.

Free DLC is great but they've made no promises regarding how much there will actually be and if the game bombs they could only put out a couple of new maps and a mode or two before dropping support for the game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

el B posted:

It was the bread-and-butter gamemode for TF1, the only one that's even played anymore. It was really solid and a lot of fun with the AI roaming around, seems like it's done away with.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Slower gameplay, no attrition, getting titans less often, a single player mode almost no one gives a poo poo about. Did they replace the whole dev team or something?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

No, it looks like they're pandering to the COD crowd...

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

No, it looks like they're pandering to the COD crowd...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLfQTyCdsgU

:downs:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

No clue who this guy is but he's the worst, gently caress him.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Some idiot that covers call of duty and is bad at Titanfall.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Kill all youtubers

I hope they at least have regular hardpoint along with amped hardpoint :geno:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I ... I like amped hard point :negative:

Bounty hunt does lead to some super tense moments, like needing to bank a bunch of money in a close match, but it still isn't close to attrition.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

s.i.r.e. posted:

No clue who this guy is but he's the worst, gently caress him.

A YouTube "influencer". Publishers flock to guys like him rather than traditional media nowadays because they're more willing to promote literally anything for cash, which is why you see so many events and unveilings populated by a bunch of random YouTube kids who have no idea how to play the game telling everyone about how amazing it is. One example of this is the GamesCom Titanfall 2 livestream.

Regarding Amped Hardpoint, the big problem is that you need to stay next to the point to keep it amped, which is a really bad design decision to begin with, but even more so in a game like Titanfall. It's essentially turned it into some bizarre version of King of the Hill with three hills, limited to only 6v6. In an ideal world Titanfall 2 would simply be:

-Attrition
-Capture the Flag
-Last Titan Standing
-Frontier Defense

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

In an ideal world Titanfall 2 would simply be:

-Attrition
-Capture the Flag
-Last Titan Standing
-Frontier Defense

Why would an ideal Titanfall 2 have fewer modes than 1? lol. I do agree they should bring all 4 of those modes back, though. Ideally they would have all the old modes and then the new modes they're making too.

Also bring back variety pack, that was fun when the first game came out

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Why would an ideal Titanfall 2 have fewer modes than 1? lol. I do agree they should bring all 4 of those modes back, though. Ideally they would have all the old modes and then the new modes they're making too.

Also bring back variety pack, that was fun when the first game came out

The advantage to fewer game modes is healthier populations for those game modes. The trade off only really gets worth it once the game population starts to die, though.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Knifegrab posted:

I ... I like amped hard point :negative:

Bounty hunt does lead to some super tense moments, like needing to bank a bunch of money in a close match, but it still isn't close to attrition.

It's says a lot about a fps when a tense moment is running to a bank to make a deposit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

It does kinda seem that the minority crowd is shouting the loudest here...

As someone who hasn't played either I looked up a video for the Attrition mode to see if I could spot the differences, keeping in mind that the levels are different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4aljwnTtBw, TF1 There's a lot more action happening in a sort of killbox area here, but the map isn't very interesting, not sure if I can deduce the strategic flow of a match at this point. Close range play seems to be a big deal. I like that you have a sidearm pistol if you need it. Guy seems to spend most of the match in a titan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEyvxZ5llxQ, TF2 This map is a bit more spread out, and the guy playing it is still learning the area. There's definitely less bang per second early on, but the Titan stuff looks about the same. There's less emphasis on wall-running and more on grappling and and long range play. One of the guns looks like a CoD gun. Maybe a bit more gameplay variety?

TF1 gameplay looks a bit more twitch to me, less deliberate on the whole maybe?, but I guess neither TF1 or TF2 multi is really grabbing me at this point. I'd probably just be buying for the SP.