Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you guys could just watch someone from the several languages where it is a word pronounce it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morpheus posted:

I phrased it awkwardly, but I was referring to the story in Hatsune Miku Project Diva X.
Ohhhh, I should have figured you were talking about something else and not DAN. Also that sounds hilariously flimsy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Davincie posted:

you guys could just watch someone from the several languages where it is a word pronounce it...
https://youtu.be/PxpqU9fe5OM

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

:proof:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
PSN Store just updated to have two factor authentication. Vita, PSP, and PS3 will not be updated for the functionality and require a one time use code.

Shows Sony won't be updating the Vita aside from stability updates.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's because the vita 2 is incoming

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Super No Vacancy posted:

that's because the vita 2 is incoming

On what planet?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The homebrew site wololo.net has been provided proof that several hackers have worked out dumping Vita games. Enjoy your remaining western releases.

http://wololo.net/2016/08/25/not-release-hackers-now-confirmed-ps-vita-piracy/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Slur posted:

On what planet?

Earth, this one. this planet

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dehry posted:

PSN Store just updated to have two factor authentication. Vita, PSP, and PS3 will not be updated for the functionality and require a one time use code.

Shows Sony won't be updating the Vita aside from stability updates.

The Vita authentication code is per system or per account? I currently have two accounts (on different memory cards), one for the japanese PSN and another for the american one.

Do I need to authenticate both?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The Vita authentication code is per system or per account? I currently have two accounts (on different memory cards), one for the japanese PSN and another for the american one.

Do I need to authenticate both?

It's per account. You would have to generate a one time code for both systems anytime you want to log in. I think it sticks though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dehry posted:

The homebrew site wololo.net has been provided proof that several hackers have worked out dumping Vita games. Enjoy your remaining western releases.

I'm fuckin hard

I need a new battery for my PSP anyway, but if the vita is going to be viable as a replacement gently caress it

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
at-uh-leer

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Gamestop sometime recently sold out of new Vitas online or made them all used in the system (nothing new listed in find in store.) Amazon is now the only US retailer to buy from new.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 25, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the gamestop near my house has a blue vita

i don't know if that's a 2000 or a japanese import or what

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dehry posted:

Gamestop sometime recently sold out of new Vitas online or made them all used in the system (nothing new listed in find in store.) Amazon is now the only US retailer to buy from new.

Last time I spoke with a local retailer apparently Gamestop is phasing out the system entirely, but that's more hearsay than actual confirmation.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The other day I went to EB Games (Gamestop) to do one of those Trade 3 Get 1 New Game deal thing for Mankind Divided (finally got rid of that corpse party piece of poo poo) and when I got there they found out that the company had removed Vita games from all trade-in promotions but hadn't made the update on their official trade-in games list. Fortunately the cashier was really cool and spent like five minutes figuring out the trade-in promo values manually and it was rad as gently caress. Thanks cashier guy for taking bad video games from me for a good one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my local gamestop's vita section is one giant copy of estival versus's collector's edition and then 28 copies of persona 4 golden, so take that as you will

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's definitely something going on, because I bought the last new Vita on the shelf at a local GS over the summer and that was quickly restocked.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

look if nothing has killed my dead gay system already I don't know how piracy can possibly do it either

i love my dead gay system

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The GameStop near my house has a weird rear end Vita selection of like 20 different brand new games but they're all in a single row in a corner right next to the door so they're all sunbleached. I was kinda pissed when I visited it because I had just bought Zero Time Dilemma on digital because none of the stores in my old town had it on cart and this one somehow had three physical copies of it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Thought you guys might be interested to know that the next Valkyria Chronicles is also slated for the Vita: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-26/valkyria-azure-revolution-game-january-19-release-ps-vita-version-revealed-in-video/.105791

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Morpheus posted:

Thought you guys might be interested to know that the next Valkyria Chronicles is also slated for the Vita: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-26/valkyria-azure-revolution-game-january-19-release-ps-vita-version-revealed-in-video/.105791
"small southern European nation of Jutland"
"In accordance to its principles, the Rus Empire retaliated with an economic blockade and embargo"

SeGa presents Tom Clancy's Anime Teenagers (In Ukraine)

"The game's graphics engine will use the "GOUACHE" shader to portray fine details and color in the game's graphics to make the game resemble a painting. The previous Valkyria Chronicles games used the "CANVAS" engine to achieve a similarly unique "pencil-drawing" effect. The game will also feature a new "LeGION" combat system that will resemble traditional RPGs, but will also portray battles by massive armies."

I could use a portable take on the Last Remnant battles covered in goulash.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's kind of lame that they're changing the battle system, the old one was great

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Help Im Alive posted:

That's kind of lame that they're changing the battle system, the old one was great

I'm not interested in a Valkyria game that is no longer a Valkyria game. What the heck is wrong with these people? Well, we seem to have a lot of folks who love these games... let's completely change what we've been doing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they didn't sell well, sorry OP

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*travels back in time to 1989*

"drat, this final fantasy 2 thing is nothing like FF1... this series is DEAD."

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Endorph posted:

*travels back in time to 1989*

"drat, this final fantasy 2 thing is nothing like FF1... this series is DEAD."

You're joking, right? FF2 was an obvious iteration on FF1. Menu-based combat persisted through the whole series. The magic systems have changed, but the actual gameplay has been largely the same. Well, until FFXV's shift toward a Kingdom Hearts-esque gameplay style.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

You're joking, right? FF2 was an obvious iteration on FF1. Menu-based combat persisted through the whole series. The magic systems have changed, but the actual gameplay has been largely the same.
:ironicat:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
So far nobody has posted the actual pronunciation of atelier used in game and I am starting to doubt anyone in this thread owns a vita.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Failboattootoot posted:

So far nobody has posted the actual pronunciation of atelier used in game and I am starting to doubt anyone in this thread owns a vita.

What is the pronunciation used in game?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

SelenicMartian posted:

"small southern European nation of Jutland"
"In accordance to its principles, the Rus Empire retaliated with an economic blockade and embargo"

SeGa presents Tom Clancy's Anime Teenagers (In Ukraine)

"The game's graphics engine will use the "GOUACHE" shader to portray fine details and color in the game's graphics to make the game resemble a painting. The previous Valkyria Chronicles games used the "CANVAS" engine to achieve a similarly unique "pencil-drawing" effect. The game will also feature a new "LeGION" combat system that will resemble traditional RPGs, but will also portray battles by massive armies."

I could use a portable take on the Last Remnant battles covered in goulash.

But what affect will this graphics engine have on the valkyrie's enormous breasts, is the question everyone is asking.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They'll look normal on the PS4 and freakin' huge on the Vita.

Or really small maybe, whatever your preference.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Waltzing Along posted:

What is the pronunciation used in game?

In Sophie it is at-lee-ur which struck me as the worst conceivable way to go about it but here we are.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Failboattootoot posted:

In Sophie it is at-lee-ur which struck me as the worst conceivable way to go about it but here we are.
I've seen worse pronunciation fiascoes. :v:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Green Shallie says it At-a-leer
The other Shallie doesn't matter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Morpheus posted:

I misread this and thought it was a new Valkyrie Profile game

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sakurazuka posted:

Or really small maybe, whatever your preference.

But they are removing the boob sliders from games these days :(

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Should we tell him about the oppai pirates game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Shush.

Anyway they're supposed to drop a second demo for Valkyria soon, so hopefully those changes for it to be more turn-based will be enough.