Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Now that's the face of someone who's going to murder the gently caress out of a middle schooler and sleep soundly tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

KQ loving Shigechi's face up is so good holy poo poo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This episode... has no weakness.

Ends when the old man blows up at the start of Sheer Heart Attack

e: Next week, Sheer Heart Attack 1.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I wonder if they're going to make Sheer Heart Attack into a two parter, then?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it is.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's 11 chapters in the manga, so two episodes is a minimum

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
well dang, aight then.

drat shame we only get four weeks of Kira instead of five

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
I didn't really care too much for Shigechi when I first read the manga, but the anime has made me really like the little guy. His final desperate, heroic moments with that tense music actually had me choking up for him. Also, seeing how much pain Shigechi was in really got to me, even his ghost was suffering!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I actually felt something for Shigechi compared to in the manga. Forgot about the mama and papa stuff too. RIP You ugly,ugly boy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They really twisted the knife with Shigechi, hard to not feel bad about him.

I don't though.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I, personally, will be sleeping soundly tonight

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So what's the English name for Sheer Heart Attack?

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

So what's the English name for Sheer Heart Attack?

Just "Heart Attack"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Heart Attack.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
No idea about the episode, but it's been localized as just Heart Attack before, which is boring yet efficient.

e: I get why it wouldn't, but does Sheer Heart Attack ever show up again in Part 4 after it's arc? Like, no right? At least not that I can I remember.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 26, 2016

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, I didn't really care so much when reading it either, but what David did worked for me. I felt pretty sad for the little guy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

No idea about the episode, but it's been localized as just Heart Attack before, which is boring yet efficient.

e: I get why it wouldn't, but does Sheer Heart Attack ever show up again in Part 4 after it's arc? Like, no right? At least not that I can I remember.

No, Kira straight up says in the final fight that it's no good with Crazy D being a perfect counter for it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, I totally get why he wouldn't use it, and it's not like Kira really ever fights again until Bites The Dust, it's just a tad weird it gets one of the longest arcs in the part and then is never seen again until a sailor sadboy uses it to stop a bloodclot

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

That was everything I was hoping for and more. :allears: Having Aya included in People of Morioh also kinda made me a little sad, but goddamn I'm stoked for SHA.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No, Kira straight up says in the final fight that it's no good with Crazy D being a perfect counter for it.

Wasn't it Echoes Act 3 that was a hard counter to it?

Not that it matters that much when an open fire is a hard counter against it once you know how it works.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I enjoy part 4 a lot, but this episode is a real good example of how Araki kinda had no idea what the gently caress he was doing when writing it week to week.

All those people show up for People of Morioh and say things akin to "oh man this is serious we need to do something" but then most of them literally don't even show up again, let alone actually do anything useful. poo poo, Josuke himself says that he has to do something about this but then he spends the entire rest of the series bumbling around into stand fights while on his daily constitutional (including the [b]final goddamn battle against kira[/b) or trying to cheat people out of money while the real protagonists Koichi, Rohan and Jotaro do all the work actually finding Kira. I guess he comes along to kira's old house, but all that really does is have him piss of kira's dad so much that all the filler stand users he creates specifically target him and not the people doing useful things.

I have zero problems with part 4 mostly just being some stuff that happens, but when Araki pretty clearly sets up stuff with this chapter and then completely ignores it, it's hard to not feel annoyed. Another annoying thing shown in this episode is how blatantly Jotaro and Joseph are only in part 4 because of editor/fan demand. Why can't Joseph use hermit purple to find anything at all about Kira when he could somehow find Akira, someone that he had even less info to go on? Why didn't Jotaro just stop time and grab the drat nametag? Because they weren't supposed to be in the story at all and he wants the new characters to do stuff. Which again is completely fine but, again, it's kinda lame.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

Wasn't it Echoes Act 3 that was a hard counter to it?

Not that it matters that much when an open fire is a hard counter against it once you know how it works.

No, Act 3 needs to be within 5 metres to anything. Crazy D will always send SHA back to KQ.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

darealkooky posted:

Why didn't Jotaro just stop time and grab the drat nametag?

Kira has already established himself as a legitimate threat by getting away with murder for 15 years and counting, plus killing Shigechi, whose skills Josuke can attest to. Why would Jotaro do that when it's an obvious trap and he has no idea what Kira is capable of?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
We know he didn't and I have like zero idea atm what the gang knows about Kira's abilities at the time, but Kira could've totally primed the big thing linking him to evidence that says YOSHIKAGE KIRA on it as a bomb. In a re-reading of SHA, the build up in the manga to the shopkeeper turning the tag around and that he can't read the kanji right away feels like that it was totally going be Bomb #1

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
He doesn't have to actually take it with him, just stop time for a second to move two feet closer so he can read the name and get out. poo poo, star platinum has super good eyesight and could just read it from the other side of the room just fine.

It's not actually a problem with the story, but nagging questions like this only exist because Araki was strongarmed into putting Jotaro in that scene even though he gave him OP as hell abilities and having to work his way past that.

The fact that part 4 is so good despite being a pretty big magnet for things like this is a testament to how good he is at making things compelling so you only stop and think about it in retrospect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Yeah, I totally get why he wouldn't use it, and it's not like Kira really ever fights again until Bites The Dust, it's just a tad weird it gets one of the longest arcs in the part and then is never seen again until a sailor sadboy uses it to stop a bloodclot

Which is weird, because it seemed perfect to fight Stray Cat with.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
*jotaro freezes time for 1 second and runs over to kira*

*is immediately knocked out by explosion*

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Is there any actual evidence for the inclusion of Jotaro and Joseph being mandated by editors? It never seemed particularly forced to me. If anything, Jotaro plays less of a role in part 4 than Joseph did in part 3.

The whole conceit of part 4 only works with Jotaro coming to town at the beginning.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

drat, I forgot how heavy Shigechi's death was. Or rather, the anime actually managed to make it heavy when I didn't quite care in the manga.

But also, Kira's theme is great.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Congratulations to the person who called that we would get the start of Sheer Heart Attack this week.

And holy poo poo the anime is making those bombs look extra brutal.

RIP fatty.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sekkira posted:

I distinctly remember the scene between Kira and the woman with the diamond ring he killed. Killing her partner and then taking her by the hand as he destroys the rest of her body.

Isn't this the kill late on where he barges in all fab as gently caress in that cool as gently caress panel?

This one

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad for these cross-thread conversations

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Isn't this the kill late on where he barges in all fab as gently caress in that cool as gently caress panel?

This one

Yeah, I don't want to say anything because right now it looks like he's remembering things wrong, but that's quite a bit later on. Also, one of my favorite scenes.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Jotaro already got his hand melted earlier this month from not being cautious around unknown stand users. Plus his Dad Instincts are out in full force with Koichi, he has to look out for this small foolish boy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, that panel's from My Dad Is Not My Dad!

Kira is v. much Kosaku in that panel and he doesn't take her hand then because Hayato sees hum

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Speaking of Kosaku, I am glad post-makeover Kira is now in the ending sequence.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

darealkooky posted:

Why didn't Jotaro just stop time and grab the drat nametag?

Because the last time he tried that his hand melted pal

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Moltrey posted:

well dang, aight then.

drat shame we only get four weeks of Kira instead of five

We still get five weeks of Kira, it's just Dad Kira for the last one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Next episode stops at Echoes Act 3 appearing? Or maybe freezing Kira's hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think it'll probably be just as Act 3 first appears.