Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay, hold up, Trunks is just straight up being stronger than SSJ3 Goku, what. I mean, I like that a Saiyan can surpass SSJ3 with masterful use of SSJ2 but, like, that would mean having no issues whatsoever against Dabura and Babidi and being capable of manhandling Buu, why would the Kaioshin die in this scenario? and that's before considering that BoG outright states that Goku is just extra buff for having touched SSG.

Goku asking Beerus to lend a hand also makes a ton of noise to me.

Transformations are bullshit and just because he can get to that level now doesn't mean he could do it when he fought Dabura. He's been fighting a lot since then.

Supreme Kai had no idea Goku & co were as strong as they were in the Buu saga and was only stopped from doing something heroic/stupid by their incredible arrogance, which Trunks alone doesn't share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Eopia posted:

I'm bothered by them translating Korin as Karin

It is Karin, though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Future Trunks is the king of not loving around and it makes 100% sense. He's never had the luxury.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Eopia posted:

I'm bothered by them translating Korin as Karin and continuing the mistake of translating Mortals as Humans despite having enough context from the anime by now to fix that.

Mangastream have never been excellent translators, they are quick and have nice scans though.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay, hold up, Trunks is just straight up being stronger than SSJ3 Goku, what. I mean, I like that a Saiyan can surpass SSJ3 with masterful use of SSJ2 but, like, that would mean having no issues whatsoever against Dabura and Babidi and being capable of manhandling Buu, why would the Kaioshin die in this scenario? and that's before considering that BoG outright states that Goku is just extra buff for having touched SSG.

I see it as something like Vegeta's "MY BULMA" thing, that it's a feature of Super Saiyan 2 that comes out through extreme rage. It's never stated that he used it against Dabura and Babidi though, just that he managed to achieve it. If anything, Supreme Kai dying or Black showing up was probably enough to trigger it. Because Future Trunks isn't allowed to have a happy life.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mangastream have never been excellent translators, they are quick and have nice scans though.

Their grasp of natural-sounding dialogue is so good though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

mother fuckerrrrrr

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

YOU...
COCK...
SUCKER

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Because the Kaioshin didn't have multiple overpowered people to protect him.

Like Gohan, Goku and Vegeta all were there and all more powerful than Babidi, Dabura and the other scrubs they had. The Kaioshin could have gotten unlucky with only one other person there who was strong enough to fight them and gotten killed. Only reason they didn't stomp was because Vegeta was there going through a midlife crisis, and Gohan was loving around.

*Like welp got hit with Dabura's spit and RIP Kaioshin*

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Josuke Higashikata posted:

YOU...
COCK...
SUCKER

Kakarot, you mentally challenged poo poo!!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Petiso posted:

It is Karin, though.

sage bean

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The manga is literally just promo for the show and means nothing. Don't even waste your time with it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I will never forgive Toyotaro for taking out Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Also manga Goku's ability to go red at will is weird though cool to see.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

StrifeHira posted:

I see it as something like Vegeta's "MY BULMA" thing, that it's a feature of Super Saiyan 2 that comes out through extreme rage. It's never stated that he used it against Dabura and Babidi though, just that he managed to achieve it. If anything, Supreme Kai dying or Black showing up was probably enough to trigger it. Because Future Trunks isn't allowed to have a happy life.

trunks wasn't mad at goku during that fight he just figured out how to get the max out of ss2 instead of cheating with ss3. really it seems that ss3 is just a lot of work for not a lot of reward.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Elfgames posted:

trunks wasn't mad at goku during that fight he just figured out how to get the max out of ss2 instead of cheating with ss3. really it seems that ss3 is just a lot of work for not a lot of reward.

I think its more meant to be used while dead

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

they said he was almost as strong, plus ss3 isn't allowed to be good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They just really don't want to draw that hair.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I figure SSJ3 probably has the potential to be pushed like they have SSJ1 and SSJ2, but no one bothers because by the point you can keep it up long enough to train it, you've probably already got SSG or SSGSS and those are a lot less work for a lot more output.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They hate SSJ3 so much that it'll probably come out that it's the useless retarded version of SSJ2 like super swole Trunks was versus Cell and a perfect SSJ2 dumps on it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SSJ3 is already "super powerful but impossible to maintain for a full fight" so its bad compared to basically all the other forms, it's like the bulky SSJ but without the speed decrease. it just burns you out

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kelp Plankton posted:

SSJ3 is already "super powerful but impossible to maintain for a full fight" so its bad compared to basically all the other forms, it's like the bulky SSJ but without the speed decrease. it just burns you out

but hey if you only need to hit them once and getting good isn't an option ss3 shines

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I know its dumb, but no single sentence describes King Kais and Gokus relationship as good as "The gently caress is wrong with you?!" :allears:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Super saiyan 3 is dumb poo poo for idiots

So it's better than super saiyan god

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Pure-Hearted-Like-Goku

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anyone remember when the Z Fighters were called the Earth Special Defense Force? Why do I remember that? And who the gently caress called them the Z Fighters? The narrator?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

New Leaf posted:

Anyone remember when the Z Fighters were called the Earth Special Defense Force? Why do I remember that? And who the gently caress called them the Z Fighters? The narrator?

That was that dumb Canadian dub.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Legacy of Goku 2 also refers to the Z-fighters as that too.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I thought it was Earth's Special Forces

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They should be called the Avengerz

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Friends of Goku

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
grand tour boys

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Since Goku isn't interested in becoming the next God of Destruction, does that mean Beerus will recommend Vegeta instead? Seems like they're his best pupils, and Vegeta has become fiercely loyal to Beerus, with all his bowing and displays of formality.

Mostly, I just want to see a scene where a nervous Vegeta hands over his resume and cover letter to a panel of unimpressed Gods, who look him over and ask a bunch of condescending corporate-sounding job interview questions.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Earth's special forces and z-fighters/z-warriors are both made-up dub terms

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Jedah posted:

Since Goku isn't interested in becoming the next God of Destruction, does that mean Beerus will recommend Vegeta instead? Seems like they're his best pupils, and Vegeta has become fiercely loyal to Beerus, with all his bowing and displays of formality.

Mostly, I just want to see a scene where a nervous Vegeta hands over his resume and cover letter to a panel of unimpressed Gods, who look him over and ask a bunch of condescending corporate-sounding job interview questions.

I'd be OK with the show ending with Goku as the new grand kaioshin and Vegeta as the destroyer god.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Blockhouse posted:

Earth's special forces and z-fighters/z-warriors are both made-up dub terms

The narrator uses Z-senshi in the Japanese version, just not very often, and not until they Buu arc I think. The manga and the tv series also use Dragon Team to refer to Goku and friends.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jedah posted:

I think we're gearing up to Goku becoming the new Whis, thus the ending of DBZ now takes a new meaning as Goku finds and trains the next God of Destruction.

If Goku and Hit can exchange techniques then they'll essentially have better mastery over space and time than Whis and his sister have.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

dr.acula posted:

I'd be OK with the show ending with Goku as the new grand kaioshin and Vegeta as the destroyer god.

Yeah, that idea has a ton of potential. As a set, Vegeta's life would become dependent upon Goku surviving, which would be a perfect twist of irony. It would create all sorts of funny situations where Vegeta would have to "protect" Goku from being dumb.

Plus, if they fused into Gogeta, it would be the literal embodiment of Life and Death itself. :goku:

Jedah fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 27, 2016

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Jedah posted:

"Hmm, yes, let's see here... Um, what would you say is your biggest weakness?"

*grimaces, begins vibrating in place*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vegeta being a God of Destruction would be a nice reversal of where he started too, as someone that destroyed civilizations so Frieza could sell the planets to others.

• Locked thread