Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ben Nevis posted:

Regarding draft strategy, how do you drink during the draft? For my two longest draft (14 team auction and 12 team deep keeper) I tend to go for a bomber follow by cans. I tend to stick towards lighter beers since it's August. I feel this is a pretty typical draft strategy. And on the whole it's a good system, leaving me willing to make a few risky plays as the draft goes on while still being fairly coherent by the end. This year I'm starting with a 7.5 and dropping to a 5.2. How do you mix it up? I feel like a heavier beer might balls it up a bit. Does anyone do cocktails? Is it worth bringing a high alcohol beer and sharing around to try and get a leg up, sobriety wise?

On a related note, we have one member drafting pregnant, is that enough of a disability given that she even be buzzed by the end of a long rear end auction? Should some other penalty apply?

Last year my co-comissioner with two other guys showed up 30 minutes late reeking of coors light then drank the rest of the way, had a terrible draft, and those three guys ended up in the top 5.

I was sober and ended up in 13th out of 14 and most people agreed I had the best draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

So Jimmy is on FA, which seems super weird to me. Is he worth picking up? The league is 0.5ppr and is 2WR, TE, W/T, and R/T/W and allows 3 keepers based on round drafted with a 1 round penalty each year.

QB: Stafford
RB: L Bell, Mathews, Forte, Derrick Henry, Devontae Booker
WR: AB, Hopkins, Marvin Jones, Crabtree, John Brown, Corey Coleman, Travis Benjamin
TE: Gronk

All of the bolded guys were drafted rounds 10-16. Would you drop any of them for Graham? I have no problem starting two TEs but I'm also not totally sure if Jimmy will return to form.

I went really WR heavy in this draft because most of the desirable RBs were kept.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

So Jimmy is on FA, which seems super weird to me. Is he worth picking up? The league is 0.5ppr and is 2WR, TE, W/T, and R/T/W and allows 3 keepers based on round drafted with a 1 round penalty each year.

QB: Stafford
RB: L Bell, Mathews, Forte, Derrick Henry, Devontae Booker
WR: AB, Hopkins, Marvin Jones, Crabtree, John Brown, Corey Coleman, Travis Benjamin
TE: Gronk

All of the bolded guys were drafted rounds 10-16. Would you drop any of them for Graham? I have no problem starting two TEs but I'm also not totally sure if Jimmy will return to form.

I went really WR heavy in this draft because most of the desirable RBs were kept.

Nah, he's dead. More importantly, I don't think you have anyone even close to bad enough to be worth cutting for him.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Ben Nevis posted:

Regarding draft strategy, how do you drink during the draft? For my two longest draft (14 team auction and 12 team deep keeper) I tend to go for a bomber follow by cans. I tend to stick towards lighter beers since it's August. I feel this is a pretty typical draft strategy. And on the whole it's a good system, leaving me willing to make a few risky plays as the draft goes on while still being fairly coherent by the end. This year I'm starting with a 7.5 and dropping to a 5.2. How do you mix it up? I feel like a heavier beer might balls it up a bit. Does anyone do cocktails? Is it worth bringing a high alcohol beer and sharing around to try and get a leg up, sobriety wise?

On a related note, we have one member drafting pregnant, is that enough of a disability given that she even be buzzed by the end of a long rear end auction? Should some other penalty apply?

I used to drink how you're describing. A couple of light beers to get the brain juices flowing.

Now it's impossible to get everyone together for a live draft, so we draft online. I mix up a double old fashioned and sip it in my comfortable leather wingback chair, like a real gentleman. Now I'm just a simple country drafter, but this strategy has won me the last two seasons, and I intend to stick with it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What would you guys think about taking Allen Robinson over DeAndre Hopkins this year? I don't think the Jags offensive share changes much with Ivory coming into town and his QB situation does look a lot better.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's not crazy. His target volume has to come down because he's not the only wide receiver in town this year (they gave Nate Washington nearly 100 drat targets so that tells you all you need to know). Plus the Texans are far more likely to turtle and slow it down and play a ground and grind defense/running game than the Jags are. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't rail against it.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Doltos posted:

What would you guys think about taking Allen Robinson over DeAndre Hopkins this year? I don't think the Jags offensive share changes much with Ivory coming into town and his QB situation does look a lot better.

I think I would love to have you in my league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

TommyGun85 posted:

This is neither helpful nor original.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
New sheets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/4zozws/beersheets_20160826_google_backup_edition/

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Isn't it also conceivable that Robinson's volume will come down as well? I was under try impression that the Jags threw an insane amount last year because their defense was so bad, and it's unlikely that they'll be trailing quite as much as last year.

I also think that Hopkins is the sort of superstar-level talent that can't fail, and I'm not 100% sure that Robinson is on that same exact level.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I love Bort, and I love ARob.

I do not love Osweiler, but I do love Nuk.

I wouldn't blame you for going with ARob over Nuk in PPR.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Isn't it also conceivable that Robinson's volume will come down as well? I was under try impression that the Jags threw an insane amount last year because their defense was so bad, and it's unlikely that they'll be trailing quite as much as last year.

I also think that Hopkins is the sort of superstar-level talent that can't fail, and I'm not 100% sure that Robinson is on that same exact level.

That's exactly what happened

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

I mean, they're not remotely far enough apart where one over the other is a league changing pick worth smugging out over.

Both are elite wideouts that benefited from a ton of game script/target volume opportunities in their favor last year. Both are predicted to regress this season due to more target competition and better defensive play reducing garbage time scenarios.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Where exactly is ARob's target competition coming from? If anyone's the victim of a healthy Julius and better defense, it will probably be Hurns.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Take Nuk over Arob for the higher floor. The jags signed ivory to a big deal so they'll probably run at least 1 time in the redzone this year.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Ben Nevis posted:

There are a few in my close friends league who are now living on the east coast. After I get home from work I will have to quickly make myself a strong whiskey drink in order to catch up since they will have had a 3 hour head start. We're scheduled for 7pst/10est so last year they were pretty drunk by the time we started.

After that I will probably open up one of my fancy special release beers that are like 15% abv so that I have something nice to sip on throughout the whole draft.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

One of my leagues is all old friends from high school. We do the draft at a friends backyard in a pool. Everyone floats around on inner tubes and drinks. It's encouraged to splash water all over people's sheets to gently caress with them. It's actually a hell of a lot of fun. We drink pretty hard though. Multiple shots and shotgunning beers are not uncommon. Unfortunately this year we have our draft at noon on Sunday, and I have another $100 league drafting at 5pm the same day. I have a feeling I wont draft so well in that second league.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Trade back 11 spots from 4th round pick to a late 5th to move up 2 spots in the first and be able to grab AJ Green, or sit tight and grab one of Zeke, Robinson?

Keeping OBJ, .5 ppr 10 team

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LmaoTheKid posted:

I love Bort, and I love ARob.

I do not love Osweiler, but I do love Nuk.

I wouldn't blame you for going with ARob over Nuk in PPR.

Yeah this is the sheet I'm using and I'm picking 4th:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3gc4fryy...Snake.xlsx?dl=0

Hopkins has seemed like the surefire bet the entire way and I'm pretty much going him no matter what barring an ODB drop but Robinson was only outscored by 21 points by Nuk.

Also I bet the Texans are still willing to throw a ton of targets his way and he'll still get a bunch of 12+ target bonanza games it just feels like the Jags are ready to take the next step on their passing attack and Robinson could very well get those same games. Talent goes to Nuk so I guess it's still him at the 4th spot but I wouldn't mind the Robinson vs Green argument either.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
AJ Green gets no respect. He is going to feast this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MrSargent posted:

AJ Green gets no respect. He is going to feast this year.

He's the #4 receiver and it's becoming abundantly clear to me. He pay even pass Julio if Matt Ryan continues to look like poo poo.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
As someone who has owned a share of Matt Ryan the last 2 years....gently caress Matt Ryan. He can't stop throwing ints in the red zone.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly Burrito posted:

In a 14 team league with 15 kick/punt return yards/1 point , when would be a reasonable time to think about drafting Tyler Lockett? Is the fourth round (pick 44) crazy?

Bouncing this question to the front again before my draft tomorrow. I'm thinking I may be able to slide him into the fifth, but those projected return yards look awfully nice.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Just did my draft, got A. Rodgers, Gurley, Forte, B. Marshall, Moncrief, Bernard as flex kelce as TE with tucker/broncos K/DST. I haven't been keeping up to date on the latest honestly but if I had this team last year I would have been fairly pleased with it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Murphy Brownback posted:

Just did my draft, got A. Rodgers, Gurley, Forte, B. Marshall, Moncrief, Bernard as flex kelce as TE with tucker/broncos K/DST. I haven't been keeping up to date on the latest honestly but if I had this team last year I would have been fairly pleased with it.

Either your bench is trash or you murdered that draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

One of my leagues is all old friends from high school. We do the draft at a friends backyard in a pool. Everyone floats around on inner tubes and drinks. It's encouraged to splash water all over people's sheets to gently caress with them. It's actually a hell of a lot of fun. We drink pretty hard though. Multiple shots and shotgunning beers are not uncommon. Unfortunately this year we have our draft at noon on Sunday, and I have another $100 league drafting at 5pm the same day. I have a feeling I wont draft so well in that second league.

Laminate your sheet and use a grease pencil.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Either your bench is trash or you murdered that draft.

I don't think it's that bad, I got Hurns/Diggs and Dion Lewis/Deangelo Williams(should be ok for the first 4 weeks anyway), Tyrod Taylor for the "I guess I'll play him when Rodgers has a bye" play, and Ledarius green because I like the steelers and I didn't know who else to pick up. Maybe not the best bench but I hope I'll be OK. It's 12 team no ppr just for reference.

e: also christine michael because it seems like the cool thing to do to pick him up

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
That's a pretty awesome lineup for a 12 team league, congrats.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Murphy Brownback posted:

I don't think it's that bad, I got Hurns/Diggs and Dion Lewis/Deangelo Williams(should be ok for the first 4 weeks anyway), Tyrod Taylor for the "I guess I'll play him when Rodgers has a bye" play, and Ledarius green because I like the steelers and I didn't know who else to pick up. Maybe not the best bench but I hope I'll be OK. It's 12 team no ppr just for reference.

Dion Lewis is a wasted pick since he'll start either on reserve/PUP or IR/designated to return, and who the gently caress knows what's going on with Green.

I think you did good on your starters but you'll need to comb the wire for better bench depth.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Benne posted:

Dion Lewis is a wasted pick since he'll start either on reserve/PUP or IR/designated to return, and who the gently caress knows what's going on with Green.

I think you did good on your starters but you'll need to comb the wire for better bench depth.

I figured. That's my favorite part of fantasy anyway and the times i've won have always been because of good WW pickups.

e: and for the record lewis and green were a couple of my very last picks

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Murphy Brownback posted:

e: also christine michael because it seems like the cool thing to do to pick him up

Burns and Diggs are solid, Williams is good for a few games plus Bell gets hurt often, Michael is cool, but Green and Lewis were wasted picks. Same with Taylor to a lesser extent. I like his upside but you're wasting a whole bench spot for someone you might never use.

See if Andre Williams or Keith Marshall is hanging around.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Will do. I've always been bad on my round 13-14+ picks and just go into "umm...whatever" mode. This is actually one of the only drafts I've had in the past several years since moving to Europe that I've been able to actually attend beyond setting pre-draft rankings, so I'm used to pruning the last few rounds of picks.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

One of my opponents told me to take a look at the score settings, but since this is only my second draft I'm not sure what to look for.

Does this look pretty normal or am I missing something?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Lots of bonus points.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Chernabog posted:

One of my opponents told me to take a look at the score settings, but since this is only my second draft I'm not sure what to look for.

Does this look pretty normal or am I missing something?

Not a big fan of bonuses myself, but looks good.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

More bonuses than I'm used to but otherwise nothing jumped out as weird about it to me.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
5 points per passing touchdown is odd and all the bonuses

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

So I guess I can still go ahead and draft as normal?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Try to draft one of the top 3 QBs.

also noticed 0 ppr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I dont want to make a whole thread for this but im in a casual espn work league and we need 1-3 people if anyone wants in on standard ppr league

Just leave your email ill in you tonight or tomorrow

E: is there a goon consensus on lamar miller?

• Locked thread