Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Longbow with snapshot and hot swap any good? It's got short gaze and tacsys scopes

It's garbage shard it

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

minusX posted:

This has been a good guide for me when I came back

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. I played for hours last night and started getting the feeling I was wasting my time without knowing what I should be doing.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

FishBulb posted:

Longbow with snapshot and hot swap any good? It's got short gaze and tacsys scopes

Snapshot is great but it all depends how good you are at giving haircuts with sniper rifles. If I dont have hidden hand and a range perk, wow I'm gonna be loving terrible with it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Veg posted:

Snapshot is great but it all depends how good you are at giving haircuts with sniper rifles. If I dont have hidden hand and a range perk, wow I'm gonna be loving terrible with it.

I hadn't played anything in awhile and was having a surprising amount of luck with my WM the last couple weeks so I was cautiously excited about a new toy.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What's the easiest way to find myself, as a new level 40, in a normal raid? Are LFG sites still a thing? Is the Private server Destiny thread good for this? Really just want to finish the raids for story reasons

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Veg posted:

Pretty sure a Longbow without HH will have higher AA than a 1KYS with HH

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

deadwing posted:

Correct. Especially with short gaze.

Also yeah lfg is kind of tough to find a group that won't kick you for being a noob at raids, but if you put need Sherpa or something in there someone will possibly take pity on you and throw you a run.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

omg chael crash posted:

What's the easiest way to find myself

take a year off between high school and college

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

take a year off between high school and college

i did that and ended up in Thailand

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

FishBulb posted:

:argh:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

What level should I be before doing that initial Taken King quest on Mars? It says 25 ,sure, but I wasn't certain if that was really recommended

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Which scope should I use Pooooooooom

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Shortgaze

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I had an antipodal hindsight drop with

rodeo
perfect balance - injection mold - rifled barrel
counter-balance

I know the archetype is dog poo poo but I have never used an auto with rodeo and counterbalance. Anyone have experience using a gun with both? Definitely what to try it with both PB and RB.

The scopes are md-reflex, red dot ora2, and oeg riflescope

Gonna hang on to it until ROI to see what changes they make to the meta.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

In order of personal preference

Shortgaze
Viewtac 20
Longview 10
Ambush (if you like a bit more slack in your aim correction)
Tacsys 15 if none of the above are available

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

What level should I be before doing that initial Taken King quest on Mars? It says 25 ,sure, but I wasn't certain if that was really recommended

25 is fine. And if you're anything over that it'll be a breeze

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Yeah. There's only a few parts that are a little tricky solo, but that's mostly because you're the only thing for enemies to shoot. Can't think there's too much that's really hard. The jumping puzzle malarkey is more difficult than most of the actual story.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

FishBulb posted:

Shortgayz

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

deadwing posted:

Yeah I said it was a great roll.

In pvp I use the oryx raid sniper. It has absurdly high aim assist.

I havent got a Longbow with any good perks yet. :(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Veg posted:

Yeah I said it was a great roll.

In pvp I use the oryx raid sniper. It has absurdly high aim assist.

I havent got a Longbow with any good perks yet. :(

The raid sniper with injection mold and hot swap is p good

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

omg chael crash posted:

What's the easiest way to find myself, as a new level 40, in a normal raid? Are LFG sites still a thing? Is the Private server Destiny thread good for this? Really just want to finish the raids for story reasons

the100.io is the best way to do it. Just browse the public games and look for either beginners welcome or sherpa requested raids.

I usually see at least one of those going morning, afternoon, and night Saturday and Sunday US EST. The community is pretty good and the beginner/sherpa raids usually fill up pretty quickly.

Only issue is that beginner groups are very much beginner groups. Like, be ready for people to fail the most basic poo poo repeatedly because they've never bothered to watch a video or read a strat and will take forever to brute force their way into learning the fight.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I need to finish oryx. Tshargreaves is my psn. I'm not dumb, promise. Add me.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

If I use the physical vanilla Destiny disc to play and own all the expansions (pre-ordered Rise of Iron already) what's the minimum amount of money I would need to currently pay to go all digital? Apparently vanilla destiny isn't for sale on PSN anymore.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
A guy getting real mad irl that my soulstealers Claw was eating his tlw

The Last Word: an elegant weapon from a more civilized age

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Shamebaby more like lame baby

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kid's just mad RNG didn't pick him. Swim in the tears.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Protip: Don't wave off heavy if you are 1500 points down

http://i.imgur.com/Z1iEPEA.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/0KbY5ri.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/YPWyM2I.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/G8YWgNg.gifv

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

That snipe was loving atrocious.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

That snipe was loving atrocious.

UR maining poo poo lord deserved every split second of it.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...nt-process.aspx

I'm paraphrasing unfairly here, but lead raid designer refers to the raids as 'middle school', 'high school', and 'college'.
Make me laugh and come up with different cute names for them.

fbsw fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 27, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
"Hory poo poo", "pissssss", and "poo poo it's so crazy hot in here"

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
My trials gameplay for the week: https://youtu.be/0dqK7cZy-18

I switched back to my 1ks for this week. It just feels like a better choice for such a predictable flat map like this.

Is this the last week for trails or is next week still on? Everyone is saying conflicting poo poo.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
One more week for current gen and it's the last week for last gen. I think..

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
Bungie HQ 2010
Intern: What if there was a game that combined like DDR and House of the Dead?

Times Square 2014

That intern's name? Tom "Tsquared" Taylor

fbsw fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 27, 2016

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Can I take my year 1 exotics into the crucible? Just finally hit 40 and I miss my Last Word. Will it be fine if it's still at 160 or whatever damage?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

Can I take my year 1 exotics into the crucible? Just finally hit 40 and I miss my Last Word. Will it be fine if it's still at 160 or whatever damage?
they'll be fine, light level in multiplayer only matters in trials and iron banner

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Okay, cool. I haven't played crucible in over a year so I don't know how TLW performs now but it's still thematically my favorite weapon in the game

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

omg chael crash posted:

Okay, cool. I haven't played crucible in over a year so I don't know how TLW performs now but it's still thematically my favorite weapon in the game

It's not the monster it once was but still very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It pretty much has the fastest TTK in the game if you land headshots. Even if you don't it's a murder machine as long as you're in its effective range.

• Locked thread