Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, Snake were the best lane swapping team. also weirdly WE suffered really badly in standard lanes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

yeah, Snake were the best lane swapping team. also weirdly WE suffered really badly in standard lanes.

So Rabid is there a tournament to determine the 3rd LPL seed for worlds or is it decided by circuit points?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The 3 LPL seeds are decided exactly the same way the LCS seeds are. Winner of Summer gets 1st seed, most circuit points get 2nd seed, final gauntlet (seeded by circuit points) for last seed.

EDG and RNG were just playing for the 1st seed today, they were both guaranteed to go to Worlds.

E: Also, contrary to what Rabid said early in the thread, my boys Snake can still totally make Worlds and in fact I believe they will :colbert:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sexpansion posted:

So Rabid is there a tournament to determine the 3rd LPL seed for worlds or is it decided by circuit points?

nah there are still games left. i think that snake and vg both have two BO5, whereas WE and I May only play one series each since they made it to the semis.

also here's some more "internet analysis" that agrees with what i said about EDG from the expert on the lpl: https://twitter.com/karonmoser/status/769112036995321856

edit: wait my mistake, snake and vg will have to play two BO5 TONIGHT to make it to worlds. that's loving brutal.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 26, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

edit: wait my mistake, snake and vg will have to play two BO5 TONIGHT to make it to worlds. that's loving brutal.

haha holy poo poo

Still pullin for my boys in VG, but I highly doubt either Snake or VG is getting in if they have to do that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I feel like any scaling comp is really not a smart idea these days. It just doesn't seem worth the investment when an early infernal/mountain drake, first blood, and first brick can absolutely screw you. The only exception to this is gangplank because he can go 0/2 at 15 minutes and then be 10/2 at 30.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Just FYI if anyone is curious about how teams did in and out of lane swaps this split Kelsey Moser has chronicled all of the stats for all regions: http://www.thescoreesports.com/lol/news/10001

also i misremembered it was VG that were surprisingly awful in standard lanes. well maybe not surprisingly if you look at them. C9 was pretty wretched in standard lanes too, so chalk up some data backing up that C9 aren't a strong laning team :v: The really big one is how much this is looking like it will hurt Fnatic in the gauntlet. They have an essentially 1k gold difference between swap and standard.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

EDG spent a large portion of the spring split playing Fireloli literally for the hell of it, losing a ton of games because he's not really very good and Clearlove is their most important player. It's not like i am Internet Analysis here, buddy. They just do stupid inexplicable poo poo.

I was being serious about telling their coach that because it seemed like an oddly specific mistake to make over and over.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

GreyPowerVan posted:

I was being serious about telling their coach that because it seemed like an oddly specific mistake to make over and over.

I strongly get the impression that the EDG coach has a lot of faith in their players, and defers to Clearlove/Deft/Meiko on the matter. But they really shouldn't in this case, like Kashuno said snowballing is way too strong to be loving around like this. Also sorry, people yell "internet analyst" a lot but I do watch a lot of league and think about game theory and stuff and talk to a lot of these people.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
does mouse play anything other than ekko?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, Mouse played a TON of Maokai earlier in the split, and he also had some very good games on Irelia and GP.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
First of all, congrats to League of Legends World Champs, Team Solo Mid. I'm SO confident that this is TSMs year that I'm willing to make the following toxx: If TSM doesn't win the world championships, BAN forums poster "the mattybee"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jerkface posted:

TSM Season now

quote me on this

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

First of all, congrats to League of Legends World Champs, Team Solo Mid. I'm SO confident that this is TSMs year that I'm willing to make the following toxx: If TSM doesn't win the world championships, BAN forums poster "the mattybee"

It's good to see how much you don't believe in TSM

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
That was a really good series for a sweep.

Every time I really sit and watch EDG I think Clearlove is probably the best player in competitive league. He just seems to make everything work everywhere. Timing is great, positioning is great, decision making is great. Seems to be a step ahead of everyone he's ganking. I also love that Deft swap flexes Varus as an ADC and then loving goes off on it. Varus is one of my favorite champions of all-time.

rabid do you think EDG, RNG, or China #3 have a chance to win worlds this year?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Also I wonder if the new Ahri skin will remind pros that she's still one of the best mages in the game, always has been, and always will be, and we will see some kind of minor Ahri resurgence again.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Oh great the Eu finals are a tricast featuing Deficio ...Quickshot and Krepo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

That was a really good series for a sweep.

Every time I really sit and watch EDG I think Clearlove is probably the best player in competitive league. He just seems to make everything work everywhere. Timing is great, positioning is great, decision making is great. Seems to be a step ahead of everyone he's ganking. I also love that Deft swap flexes Varus as an ADC and then loving goes off on it. Varus is one of my favorite champions of all-time.

rabid do you think EDG, RNG, or China #3 have a chance to win worlds this year?

I think Clearlove might be the 3rd best player right now behind Faker and Gorrila, he really is just insanely good. You can tell he's good because EDG has basically been a revolving door of players at two incredibly impactful positions (top and mid) and yet they continue to be good whenever he's playing.

In summation, Clearlove is not Kate Upton.

edit:

Libertine posted:

Also I wonder if the new Ahri skin will remind pros that she's still one of the best mages in the game, always has been, and always will be, and we will see some kind of minor Ahri resurgence again.

You know who's a really good Ahri player... Faker.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Savage Cracker posted:

Oh great the Eu finals are a tricast featuing Deficio ...Quickshot and Krepo

deficio and quickshot's sexual tension is going to be ruined :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

Idk who i'd play ahri in to in the current meta. Aurelion Sol?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

Taliyah? Viktor?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Taliyah? Viktor?

Ahri into Taliyah seems like the worst thing you could do to yourself. Maybe Viktor I guess?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

Ahri into Taliyah seems like the worst thing you could do to yourself. Maybe Viktor I guess?

I do know that Lissandra is a pretty bad matchup for Ahri, but honestly, there aren't that many bad matchups for Ahri. She's a very strong laner.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like she could very much deal with Vlad at least, which would be cool. charm and ult to chase, with some built in health sustain to fight him off seems strong

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Watching the wildcard games. I've been catching a few every day but any teams particular fun to watch from people who have watched more? I liked Rampages jungler but that's more or less the only opinion I've formed.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

You know who's a really good Ahri player... Faker.

Why would Faker play Ahri when he could just lose more games on Karma?

Kashuno posted:

That's a neutral matchup at worst, Ahri has no bad matchups.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 26, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Yeah I honestly can't fathom what matchup Ahri would not at the very least go even in. She's like the safest Mage in the game and pretty much always has been.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
ahri is a lot more fun to watch than all the other boring waveclear champs too

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
She has by far the best total package in the game - magic/true damage, scales well at all points of the game, good wave clear, good roaming potential, kill pressure in lane, better mobility than like 95% of champions, versatility in itemization, ability to make picks.

Servaetes posted:

Doesn't Orianna occupy a similar space here as well? I'd imagine with the buffs they put out for her pros will pick her up of they haven't already and use her because she's always been pretty straightforward and farms reliably eventually transitioning to really high damage you wouldn't expect.

Ori's been a solid blind pick for a long time but her mana costs and the mid-lane itemization changes weakened her a lot. It remains to be seen if the ult changes make her viable.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 26, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Libertine posted:

Yeah I honestly can't fathom what matchup Ahri would not at the very least go even in. She's like the safest Mage in the game and pretty much always has been.

Doesn't Orianna occupy a similar space here as well? I'd imagine with the buffs they put out for her pros will pick her up of they haven't already and use her because she's always been pretty straightforward and farms reliably eventually transitioning to really high damage you wouldn't expect.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the other really good thing about ahri is that it looks so loving funny when someone goes in and misses everything like the s4 yellowstar thresh clip

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

iirc the change to charm means people dont want to risk the leblanc counter after a blind pick but i havent played either of those champions after the mage rework so i dont actually know what the dynamic is like

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Radical posted:

iirc the change to charm means people dont want to risk the leblanc counter after a blind pick but i havent played either of those champions after the mage rework so i dont actually know what the dynamic is like

LB was always Ahri's worst matchup and after the change to charm there's basically no way for Ahri to outplay, it really sucks.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Leblanc is so feast or famine in pro play though. It's probably the highest risk pick that exists in competitive.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

What did they change about charm? The removal of 10% bonus damage on charmed targets?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Yukari posted:

What did they change about charm? The removal of 10% bonus damage on charmed targets?

That, and also: old charm used to stop dashes, it was the only cc in the game that worked like that. So when LB distortioned on to you, if you hit the charm while she was still moving it would cancel the dash and damage.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure Ahri loses in lane to Velkoz, Varus, and AS...

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

yeah, Mouse played a TON of Maokai earlier in the split, and he also had some very good games on Irelia and GP.

His Irelia was so good. Too bad it kinda got nerfed and fell out of meta but its still annoying in yoloq.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Kashuno posted:

Isn't Aurelion Sol going to be disabled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Albus Nox lost? To Kirei??? gently caress. :( :( :(

• Locked thread