Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

WampaLord posted:

Was there a reason Zod had to pick Earth to terraform? If he had gone and terraformed Mars to make it the new Krypton, no one would have given a poo poo.

I'm also reminded of the fact that later on, Lois has one of the worst exposition lines ever "Terraforming? What's that?"

He needed the biomass from all the people and plants and animals of earth to make new stuff. That's why he's crushing everything up with the World Engine Thing

You gotta break a few eggs to make a new planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Zod did nothing wrong. He tried to save his people from extinction and an unthinking, brutish traitor stood in his way.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

hey we have a planet that gives our species superpowers and an endless supply of slaves. let's kill them all and terraform it so it's like our old planet which was such a piece of poo poo it shattered

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Mordja posted:

There's something kind of telling about the fact that this thread is still around but the Suicide Squad one is nowhere to be seen, but I'm not sure what it is.

This thread will not die until at least the JL thread inevitably appears.

hell, if that one dude is right then until the WW thread

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Plucky Brit posted:

Then at the end of those six months having god-like powers.

he's not terraforming the yellow sun

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Moridin920 posted:

He could terraform the atmosphere to filter out yellow sunlight and leave the planet overcast in a red glow.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

This is the DC cinematic universe mega thread. It's ok, man.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
You know, this feels very much like a Brainiac plot now that I hear it described again.

Brainiac rollin' up, destroying Earth, etc. rather than Zod. I'm sure there will be someone who will say, "No, Zod IS Brainiac because..."

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Moridin920 posted:

I thought the DCU explanation is "nutrient rich atmosphere" not "yellow sun" like in the comics. (both being really dumb reasons for superpowers).

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Right, rich in nutrients such as nitrogen, unlike the atmospheres of other planets.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

You know, this feels very much like a Brainiac plot now that I hear it described again.

Brainiac rollin' up, destroying Earth, etc. rather than Zod. I'm sure there will be someone who will say, "No, Zod IS Brainiac because..."

DC and the WB's "no nerds" policy has had them repurposing Braniac stories to other characters for like a decade, and I"m pretty sure the last time Brainiac showed up he was built like Sagat from Street Fighter.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Krypton was a really poo poo planet all around. I'm glad it's gone.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
It's methane, CFCs and other pollutants that give kryptonians their superpowers. Jor-El was basing his assumption on the readings of Earth from the the rise of the modern industrial era.

Superman is literally Capt. Pollution from Capt. Planet.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Kryptonians intentionally depowered themselves so the most reasonable explanation would be something artificial they added to their atmosphere.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Fluoride: It's how even Clark Kent gets cavities.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Burning_Monk posted:

I thought the DCU explanation is "nutrient rich atmosphere" not "yellow sun" like in the comics. (both being really dumb reasons for superpowers).

i go by smallville rules all that other poo poo can go gently caress itself

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Maybe the Kryptonians knew that having a race of flying God-men couldn't possibly turn out for good in the long run and made a sacrifice of their potential for personal power for the sake of their childrens' future.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Pvt.Scott posted:

Krypton was a really poo poo planet all around. I'm glad it's gone.

Listen here, bud...

Krypton deserved 9/11

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Burning_Monk posted:

Proof that DC doesn't know poo poo about atmosphere

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Germstore posted:

Kryptonians intentionally depowered themselves so the most reasonable explanation would be something artificial they added to their atmosphere.

When did they say this?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Zzulu posted:

He needed the biomass from all the people and plants and animals of earth to make new stuff. That's why he's crushing everything up with the World Engine Thing

You gotta break a few eggs to make a new planet
But Mars in the DC universe has Martians

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

But Mars in the DC universe has Martians

The current creative heads of the DC Movies said at a convention, and I quote "ok who here knows who the Martian Manhunter is?" *nerds raise their hands* "Ok now who here has had sex?"

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Nirvikalpa posted:

When did they say this?

I'm pretty sure the World Engine was mentioned as a tool of the Kryptonian Empire. I can't actually find anything about them intentionally depowering themselves though, so I may be mistaken.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Young Freud posted:

It's been archived at this point, but Terry Van Feleday (I got the name sort of wrong) spun it off into a separate PDF since it got some attention outside of the thread. You can find a copy on Google Docs, Scribd and PDF Archive.

I think only the thread where he/she continued it is still available and it's just largely the last act of TF3, but I believe that's also covered in the the PDF. I don't think Feleday got around to reviewing the fourth film, although the fifth film looks like it should probably bring Feleday back to review both of them.

Edit: I did not know that thread was still active.

I wonder what the secret significance is of all the explosions being big gasoline fireballs? Maybe something about the Middle EAst?? INCREDibLE!!

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Faora says some bullshit statement about evolution and morality, probably to point out just how moral Superman is. Her voice is hot though.

Superman is still angry.

The military is doing their thing. For some reason, unlike in other superhero movies, they play a very prominent role. Superman saves a guy in a helicopter. You know this is going to happen because the music changes. This shows he is capable of helping people but he refuses to do so for the rest of the movie because he is too concentrated on beating the bad guys up.

Some guy tries to go after Faora with a knife after his gun doesn't work. Luckily for the guy Superman pushes her out of the way first. A bullet manages to take Faora out, but Zod(?) arrives and carefully takes her back onto the ship. It's a more caring gesture than what Clark does in the entire movie.

One of the military men has to tell the rest that "This men is not our enemy." Clark only says "Thank you, colonel" before blasting off. Unsurprisingly it is all very grim.

Why is the codex in Superman's body again?

I still have 40 minutes left.

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

I'm pretty sure the World Engine was mentioned as a tool of the Kryptonian Empire. I can't actually find anything about them intentionally depowering themselves though, so I may be mistaken.

dang gently caress comic books didnt cover EVERY EXPLANATION

HOW CAN THAT BE

COMICS ARE LIFE IN MY BASEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/jeff k]

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Nirvikalpa posted:

Faora says some bullshit statement about evolution and morality, probably to point out just how moral Superman is. Her voice is hot though.

Superman is still angry.

The military is doing their thing. For some reason, unlike in other superhero movies, they play a very prominent role. Superman saves a guy in a helicopter. You know this is going to happen because the music changes. This shows he is capable of helping people but he refuses to do so for the rest of the movie because he is too concentrated on beating the bad guys up.

Some guy tries to go after Faora with a knife after his gun doesn't work. Luckily for the guy Superman pushes her out of the way first. A bullet manages to take Faora out, but Zod(?) arrives and carefully takes her back onto the ship. It's a more caring gesture than what Clark does in the entire movie.

One of the military men has to tell the rest that "This men is not our enemy." Clark only says "Thank you, colonel" before blasting off. Unsurprisingly it is all very grim.

Why is the codex in Superman's body again?

I still have 40 minutes left.

Stop now and save yourself

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pvt.Scott posted:

This is the DC cinematic universe mega thread. It's ok, man.

In that case I shall leave this trailer of awesome right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0jBRFNAXr8

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mordja posted:

There's something kind of telling about the fact that this thread is still around but the Suicide Squad one is nowhere to be seen, but I'm not sure what it is.

Hell if I know, man. I just previewed the awful thing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

TO THE CROSSWALK!

How is DC capable of delivering this quality, but also responsible for the abortion of The Killing Joke? The art in TKJ is hoooorrible

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't give the Joker a white mustache, because that's an almost dead-on likeness of Ceasar Romero that it feels he's missing something without the white catepillar on his upper lip.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
It all comes together in the end.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

EorayMel posted:

It all comes together in the end.

Is that the Nick Cage Superman?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nah, it's regular old mullet Superman.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I want to make sure no one misses this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_mizUMlvUc

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Who would win in a fight: Thor wielding Mjolnir or a Thor-sized Mjolnir wielding a Mjolnir-sized Thor?

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Wheany posted:

Who would win in a fight: Thor wielding Mjolnir or a Thor-sized Mjolnir wielding a Mjolnir-sized Thor?

Answer: the audience!

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Darryl seems like a cool guy

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Is this a real thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No. If you look at the credits it's for BvS: Dawn of Justice.

• Locked thread