Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

With all these recent updates and a sweet, Wyald-filled game coming up, I'm starting to think somebody irl got hold of a behelit and sacrificed anime's quality for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Does Guts look more exhausted than usual to anyone else?

this is what I imagine guts is feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYmvPk5i384

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

GodFish posted:

I was really disappointed that Puck wasn't actually the real King all along

That part was great anyway though

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I've waited so long for elf island, and now that we're actually here, I'm elated that it was all worth it. Those 2 page spreads... Goddamn.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Casca might speak again soon

CASCA MIGHT SPEAK AGAIN SOON

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

...huh? Just what is going on here

Flowerstorm King is a queen, actually? :stare: Did no-one actually now that? I remember the mages explicitly saying it's the King, unless this is a translation issue.
I guess this makes it more likely, though, that the moon kid is the alternate form of reborn Griffith.

MAN I'm pumped for the most gorgeously drawn psychotherapy session of all time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's pretty obvious that the Flowerstorm King is just the title of the ruler of Elfhelm, or at least this Elfhelm, regardless of the ruler's gender.

Alternatively, despite looking male or female by human standards, the Elves don't actually have genders.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I keep having this weird disconnect in my head where I forget that silly dark-haired girl trying to eat the flower petals is Casca. I just hope she gets what she wants in the end.

All this fun is clearing wearing Guts out. He's like the sole parent at a child's birthday party, and that child has invited, like, 50 of their friends, and the only one he's got to work with is Azan, who's like the distant uncle no one listens to. Chopping up Apostles has got to be less exhausting than this to him, mentally.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Does Guts look more exhausted than usual to anyone else?

He's been getting more and more strung out looking ever since the Berserker armor entered the picture

Curious to see if he keeps at it or finds another way to fight. I imagine he will keep using it, giving the title of the comic

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rodyle posted:

Coming in 2026: Casca's first lines in 30 years :v:

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Zeruel posted:

Do you mean beastiality or something bestial is happening.
I hope it's the former latter.
I meant the former. Look at all the centaurs and so many things without names that are crosses between men and horses and moles and everything.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I like the nod to Rip Van Winkle, with the elves sleeping around a game of 10 pins.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

logger posted:

I like the nod to Rip Van Winkle, with the elves sleeping around a game of 10 pins.

They're gonna leave Elfheim and Griffith will be 100 years old with a Dumbledore beard

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

bman in 2288 posted:

Chopping up Apostles has got to be less exhausting than this to him, mentally.
Be careful what you wish, for indeed nothing prevents the flower king from being an apostle. :ohdear:

OnimaruXLR posted:

He's been getting more and more strung out looking ever since the Berserker armor entered the picture

Curious to see if he keeps at it or finds another way to fight. I imagine he will keep using it, giving the title of the comic
Guts went berserk long before that armor appeared, and there's always room for upgrades and replacements in a story like this. Whereas the armor provides support for cannon-assisted moves, he may have to take it off and wield something lighter to be fast enough to take down Griffith.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I wonder if Miura made the decision about the Elf Queen's gender/appearance based on the fact that it'd be a little weird to have a guy counseling a woman through her post-rape traumatic stress, and figured a female figure would maybe make writing that scene easier.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
We don't really know much about elf... er... biology, right? I mean Puck seems to be naked all the time but Ivalera looks like she's wearing a tutu? Except it's part of her body? Maybe it's even less cut and dry than it is with humans

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Evarella goes so far as to state that she and puck aren't the same kind of organism (i.e. that flower and chestnut elves are different species basically) and seeing as they're spirits I doubt they have human concepts like that in the first place

Ccs posted:

I wonder if Miura made the decision about the Elf Queen's gender/appearance based on the fact that it'd be a little weird to have a guy counseling a woman through her post-rape traumatic stress, and figured a female figure would maybe make writing that scene easier.

I also think it's probably safe to say that no thought even remotely close to this has ever passed through Kentaro "Rape Horse" Miura's head and that he instead either just thought it'd be an appropriately fairy tale twist and/or he just wanted to draw a pretty lady

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Rodyle posted:

he just wanted to draw a pretty lady

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Ccs posted:

Nah this is Miura, he's probably gonna make Casca get her mind back by drinking the Elf Queen's piss

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Or, y'know, magic.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Nah this is Miura, he's probably gonna make Casca get her mind back by drinking the Elf Queen's piss

Haha probably.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Now now, if the Elf King is arguably not gender dichotomous, then there's no reason to believe that elves even do icky things like this. At worst the Flower King's waste would be to exhale a huge amount of oxygen. :buddy:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
By consuming the Elf Sovereign's living flesh, will Casca come to terms of her own power. She does this mostly by accident, but its cool. Supreme Elf can just grow it back.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
jesus christ i can't believe we finally met the elfking aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Ahh man, so much light-heartedness!

This just means poo poo is gonna' get real dark soon.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Be careful what you wish, for indeed nothing prevents the flower king from being an apostle. :ohdear:

The brand would have gone off by now if she was an apostle.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
For a minute there I thought the Barytes were the magical equivalent of Higgs Boson.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

That was my first thought too. Wonderful expressions of fantasy in this chapter.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

"Ya, you can all jump higher here because we don't like the gravity fairies"

Hahaha

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Another decent episode.
It goes without saying at this point the animation is tripe but the story beats land well and there's some hai yo

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
damning with faint praise

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's about as good as it gets with Berserk 2016. :smith:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
If the only good thing is the story, why not just reread the manga?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm on the trainwreck for better (hai yo) or worse (everything else)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Someone has to chronicle everything wrong in order to know what not to do next time in the 2020s.

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006
If you're interested in Berserk themed tea blends, it's the featured fandom for today! 20% off!

https://www.adagio.com/signature_blend/group.html?group=10591

Here's a 24hr GC for new people: 5140297873

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is the Griffith and Femto blends "bleach, acid, cyanide and rancid pee"?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Is the Griffith and Femto blends "bleach, acid, cyanide and rancid pee"?

The Griffith one tastes like betrayal.

e: :psyduck: the VOID tea tastes like being outside of causality

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This is my first Berserk experience and I am loving it. The animation isn't that great but holy gently caress the story is dark.

I still don't understand why the lady who leads the Holy Chain Knights hasn't accepted demons yet. I mean she was almost raped by a demon horse, saw the possessed? turned? humans, the giant demon the heretics had, and now the slime. Her boyfriend/bodyguard or whatever got the idea real loving quick.

I really hope we find out what the priest is. Maybe there's an angelic version of apostles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Someone should make a berserk anime thread because the anime is covering content older than some of the people who want to post about it. That's not meant as an insult, just that this arc is old enough to smoke.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 26, 2016