Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Surely if they're going to squeeze it in two episodes, no opening or credits? I'm okay with relegating the first half to the B Team so that Act 3 and Jotaro's beatdown get the David Pro love they deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Isn't this the kill late on where he barges in all fab as gently caress in that cool as gently caress panel?

This one

I was sure it was before the change because after, he's dealing with a 'wife' to keep around hands.

Anyway, with the way stand battles work, I kinda loosely believe the entire second half from the discovery of the hand in the sandwich bag to the very end is one long, drawn out and multifaceted stand battle.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I think I need to find a good Kira avatar now, that ep was just too good. Anyone have any suggestions on what to use? I'd prefer Bowie Kira, since he's really "the" Kira when you think of the character.

Speaking of which, it's kind of strange that Bowie Kira is barely even around. I remember the order of events, but it just seems like he was more present in his original form.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've also been considering trading down my Yasuho for my sweet boy, Kira. If you can get it in the requirements, the opening shot of Kira with Killer Queen ( Spooky Skull Variant) would always be cool

e: gently caress I totally forgot we're gonna get the "doesn't matter cause I'm about to break it...your face that is" scene

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 26, 2016

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I think my favorite part of the upcoming part is Kira poo poo talking Star Platinum and then getting the poo poo beat out of him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Momomo posted:

I think I need to find a good Kira avatar now, that ep was just too good. Anyone have any suggestions on what to use? I'd prefer Bowie Kira, since he's really "the" Kira when you think of the character.

Speaking of which, it's kind of strange that Bowie Kira is barely even around. I remember the order of events, but it just seems like he was more present in his original form.

Butt Ox posted:

I found some sweet White Tiger fanart for you

Dunno who the other guy is though

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

I think my favorite part of the upcoming part is Kira poo poo talking Star Platinum and then getting the poo poo beat out of him.

:agreed: that and kira flipping out over koichi's sock.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Van Dine posted:

Jotaro and Koichi are going to be just fine.

I hope they cliffhanger an episode on the pair 'dead'.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Kira ranting about how he won't use exercise machines at the gym because guys could've touched them with their jerkoff hands is just *chef kissing fingers gesture*

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Sekkira posted:

I hope they cliffhanger an episode on the pair 'dead'.

cliffhanger when Jotaro seemingly eats it because both being nearly dead will just make everyone assume Josuke is gonna show up in a minute to punch them back together

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ChaseSP posted:

Kira underestimating everyone's Stands despite just finding out other people have them is the best

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the "your face, that is" line is one of my favorite jotaro one liners [tied with "friends of justice"]

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Kira underestimating everyone's Stands despite just finding out other people have them is the best

I'm not sure why (besides "Araki forgot") he doesn't know what Stands are when his father, a Stand user, gave him his Stand by shooting him with the Arrow in the first place.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

no they will not posted:

the "your face, that is" line is one of my favorite jotaro one liners [tied with "friends of justice"]

only if we're including the bit later where he gets a better look and says kira's watch sucks actually

Silver2195 posted:

I'm not sure why (besides "Araki forgot") he doesn't know what Stands are when his father, a Stand user, gave him his Stand by shooting him with the Arrow in the first place.

I dunno if his dad calls them Stands

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 26, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

Why would he expect anybody else in the city to have a stand, let alone enough people that he has to actually fear for being caught

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbf Kira seems more perplexed by the fact stands have an identity rather than others have them

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

only if we're including the bit later where he gets a better look and says kira's watch sucks actually

I dunno if his dad calls them Stands

Didn't his dad get the Arrow from Enya?

By the way, do they ever say who originally came up with the term Stand? I'm guessing Diavolo. Although you'd think Diavolo would have used an Italian word instead of an English one. So Enya, maybe?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

FirstAidKite posted:

Why would he expect anybody else in the city to have a stand, let alone enough people that he has to actually fear for being caught

Kind of fits the whole "he's gotten really complacent and thus really sloppy" thing Kira has going.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver2195 posted:

By the way, do they ever say who originally came up with the term Stand? I'm guessing Diavolo. Although you'd think Diavolo would have used an Italian word instead of an English one. So Enya, maybe?

Mista literally calls out his bullets in English, I would not think too hard about this stuff other than Araki never planned to have an Italian dude be the furthest back knowledge of stands go.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

this is the kind of thing that gets weird if you think about it

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Baal posted:

Mista literally calls out his bullets in English, I would not think too hard about this stuff other than Araki never planned to have an Italian dude be the furthest back knowledge of stands go.

To be fair, Stands predate Diavolo, since not all Stands come from the Arrows. Didn't Anubis claim to be 500?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I meant in terms of like characters we actively see in the story, but yeah Anubis is like 500 year old stand who got sworded at some point.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stands are weird

Jojos is weird

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Aya's line about "I don't think he'll come to my shop" made me laugh, nice one DavidPro

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

BillmasterCozb posted:

i hope yoshikage kira gets a death befitting a serial killer, an eternity of reliving his death

This man is ahead of his time.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

FirstAidKite posted:

Stands are weird

Jojos is weird

It's a pretty bizarre adventure alright.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
When I heard Kira Yoshikage say "dame dame dame dame dame dame dame dame"... How do I say this? It's a bit crude, but... I got a "BONER".

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's so perfect, like he's patiently trying to explain why shigechi can't have cookies before dinner

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When they splode juuust right.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Raserys posted:

When I heard Kira Yoshikage say "dame dame dame dame dame dame dame dame"... How do I say this? It's a bit crude, but... I got a "BONER".

It was utterly fantastic, agreed.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Daxing Dan posted:

This man is ahead of his time.

I wasn't sure if that poster had read the manga, because that's so spot on for Diavolo I thought it was a joke :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
*sees middle schooler bleeding out in hallway while covered in big gaping wounds*

eww gross, what a weirdo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Random rear end in a top hat passersby are the true villains of this series

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

in a way, all those scenes Araki loves to write about random bystanders getting their collective shits wrecked by stands/etc. were justified

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
I always imagined the VO for Sheer Heart Attack to be shrill and tinny, like Skeletor using a megaphone. not sure if I don't like what they went with or if it'l just take a bit to get used to.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Sheer Heart Attack's ASB voice is closer to that and it's really great, but I also like this intimidating deeper take on Kira's voice for it.

Kira's "dame dame dame dame dame dameeee" was perfect so "My Sheer Heart Attack.....has no weakness" is gonna ooooown

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Random rear end in a top hat passersby are the true villains of this series

the golden spirit of morioh

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

My favorite moment of that fight is when Koichi actually wins decisively psychologically by forcing Kira to confront the fact that he isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

EDIT: and then Jotaro makes fun of his watch and beats the poo poo out of him. What a great fight.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 27, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Isn't the next page Kira just donut punching Koichi? Sheer Heart Attack rules

Kira is pretty smart, but it is like, just not as smart as he thinks he is. That leading to running his mouth to Josuke which reveals that he knows about Stands and is prooobably the enemy Stand User and his neurosis like having to fix Koichi's sock is what really puts him over the barrel, but he's still just smart/determined enough to get away by chopping off the Sheer Heart Attack hand and grabbing a dude who is his exact height while hauling rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

when did Kira get a new hand anyway