Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

Does anyone know why Fearlessness is S&V Only?

I want to be able to run a scary A-Wing Swarm.

Because Rebels and Imperials are cowards.

Also it makes it much easier to balance the card if theres a massively reduced set of pilots who can take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Black Squadrons swarms with Fearlessness. Yeah, no problems there I'm sure it would be fine :v:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The Gate posted:

Black Squadrons swarms with Fearlessness. Yeah, no problems there I'm sure it would be fine :v:

15 pts for ships with 3 Green Dice and 3 Red + 1 Auto hit at range 1? Sounds reasonable I think.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

The Gate posted:

Yeah, that's one of them. A wings with Crack and Fearlessness would be horrible too.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Yeah, I guess. I mean, the A-Wing swarm is what I posted I wanted to see. But the restrictions on Fearlessness make it so hard to turn on, I don't really see it being a problem. Black Crack becoming Black Fearlessness seems like a downgrade, not an upgrade, though it does make it harder to dodge.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
So my local group (Phoenix Squadron) is running a championship tournament. We have 96 players broken out into 24 divisions of 4 players each. Format is hangar bay, double round robin in the divisions (so, you play the other 3 guys in the division twice each).
Top players from each of 24 divisions will automatically advance to the championship. Players who didn't win their division can go to one of two Redemption Tournament events for a shot at a wild card spot in the finals.
Finals will be bracketed, double elimination to lead to an ultimate champion. Really exciting event.

I'm rolling off a first place win at a tournament, so I was feeling pretty confident about my chances to make it to the final.
We just got our division assignments, and my division is stacked.

First guy is a dude that is a pretty good Palpatine ace player, and the only time I ever played against him was at my first tournament where he tabled me in 20 minutes. (he double Wampa'd Corran Horn :smith:).
I expect he'll bring a Palp aces list and a defenders + aces list.

Second guy is a really talented player who favors swarms and brobots. He ran a nasty Howlrunner Crack/Zeta Ace Crack/4x Black Crack list in a recent tournament and took first place. He devoured my Bossk/Dengar list in my only loss of that day (and it was a hefty loss). He's also either the best or second best brobot player locally (depending on the day).
I expect he'll bring a crack swarm list and a brobot list.

Third guy is a friend outside of X Wing, who is also really good. He hasn't had any local big wins recently, but he runs most of the tournaments and is pretty much always in the top 8.
I have no idea what he'll be bringing, but he hates flying swarms and is sorta bored with Palp lists. He has been favoring defenders recently.

I submitted a Kanan/Biggs ghost phantom list, and standard brobots list.

Ghost is probably my best answer to both of the first guy's lists, although the Inquisitor is functionally immune to TLT volleys. Brobots really need the benefits of autothrusters to survive against palp aces, and Inquisitor shuts those down. Also, ships without autothrusters just cannot hang against TLT.

If the second guy brings a crack swarm, I probably want the Ghost. Crack Shot rarely has any benefit against zero agility ships, and I went to time with our best local swarm player with that list against his crack swarm (coulda won with another turn!). If he brings Brobots, I probably also want Brobots, except he's better at that list and will probably clobber me if I try to beat him at his own game. Ghost struggles against brobots. This guy is the matchup I'm most worried about.

Third guy, I don't know enough about his lists to know for sure. Defenders get eaten by TLTs, so that's a matchup I can win.

This is really fun, and I'm nervous and excited to see how it goes. I don't think I'll win my division, but I'll have fun trying!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

Yeah, I guess. I mean, the A-Wing swarm is what I posted I wanted to see. But the restrictions on Fearlessness make it so hard to turn on, I don't really see it being a problem. Black Crack becoming Black Fearlessness seems like a downgrade, not an upgrade, though it does make it harder to dodge.

ABT Fearlessness also is horrible.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Anyone ever give yv666+engine+daredevil a try? Its next on my pointless quest to make daredevil not 100% poo poo.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Never tried it with Daredevil, but a 666 with Expert Handling is surprisingly effective, if not just for the mental image of that giant space dump truck doing a barrel roll. I paired it with anti-pursuit laser and Intel Agent, and found out how satisfying it is to kill a Soontir with bumping.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

zVxTeflon posted:

Anyone ever give yv666+engine+daredevil a try? Its next on my pointless quest to make daredevil not 100% poo poo.

Pair it with Kath Scarlet & Daredevil and you have two large based ships that cab blow past you, pivot on a dime, and still hit nearly anything they want to. I run Kath with Daredevil, engine, k4, dampeners, and Bossk with Daredevil, engine, k4, greedo, Boba, mangler.

Sometimes it all collapses in a wreck, sometimes it ends in comedy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is that TTS SAX-Wing League still going? I haven't seen a post about it in a while. Did it finish? Who won?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
After nationals is done I'm definitely going to start experimenting with expert handling & Adv sensor Brobots. There's some crazy poo poo possible.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

zVxTeflon posted:

Oicunn. Oicunn makes Daredevil not poo poo.

Oicunn/Daredevil/Dauntless/Engine/Vader/Gunner. Pair with an ace, yell RAMMING SPEED at the top of your voice a lot.

(I run it with a conner net Deathrain when I've feeling grumpy about dice because it doesn't fuckin need em.)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hoiyes posted:

After nationals is done I'm definitely going to start experimenting with expert handling & Adv sensor Brobots. There's some crazy poo poo possible.

Then you lose all your advantages by throwing tokenless shots and making defense rolls with AT only.

Its the same with the YV. It already is basically a ship that shines with actionlessness and an action EPT is just wasted points.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

What about Tansarri Point Veterans with fearlessness and auto blaster cannons. Now I know what you're thinking, that's a lot of points on a dumb fragile ship. And you're right. Well that's all I have to say about that.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

AndyElusive posted:

Is that TTS SAX-Wing League still going? I haven't seen a post about it in a while. Did it finish? Who won?

I think Strobe is busy, but I haven't been able to line up my most recent game either. Did other people play their matches?

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005
I think I am a crazy person. I last minute decided to go to a tournament tomorrow so I'm taking my thought exercise Dead man's swarm. Kavil with Veteran Instincts, autoblaster turret, Genius, and a proton bomb, and 4 z-95s with Dead Man's Switch and hopefully enough munitions to get everybody to about 5 health. I don't know if I can win a game, but I want to do my best to force Final Salvos. If I have any luck (and finally stop lurking so hard) I'll let y'all know how it goes.

I wish I had 10 red dice to roll them all at once, I only bought one of each core set.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Panzeh posted:

Then you lose all your advantages by throwing tokenless shots and making defense rolls with AT only.

Its the same with the YV. It already is basically a ship that shines with actionlessness and an action EPT is just wasted points.

Yeah, this is the unfortunate truth. I've played against a EH Brobots team before, it was pretty garbage. Other Scum ships get their amazing crew slots which you could fill with Dengar or K4 to give you offensive punch while barrel rolling, but Brobots really can't afford to lose the EPT and Systems slot, and effectively their action, and still expect to kill anything.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

flightless greeb posted:

What about Tansarri Point Veterans with fearlessness and auto blaster cannons. Now I know what you're thinking, that's a lot of points on a dumb fragile ship. And you're right. Well that's all I have to say about that.
You're not thinking big enough...
Mando Merc Firespray 1
Fearlessness, Autoblaster Cannon, Dengar, BMST, Bomb/Mod Slot to taste.
Mando Merc Firespray 2
Fearlessness, Autoblaster Cannon, K4, BMST, Bomb/Mod Slot to compliment FS1.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I always get excited thinking about Fearlessness squads, then remember you also have to be in the enemies arc and that's just garbage.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hoiyes posted:

I always get excited thinking about Fearlessness squads, then remember you also have to be in the enemies arc and that's just garbage.

This is pretty much why crackshot is better on cheaper ships. I don't think it would be OP on the current crop of ships but I kinda figure it could be a problem going on faction-wise.

The problem being that low PS ships have a hard time getting face-to-face shots on high PS ships whereas crackshot works on any shot and a crackshot in reserve makes token use a lot trickier.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Good morning friends, my LGS is streaming our monthly wangs tournament (guessing somewhere between 12-20 people but could be more?) starting around noon eastern on twitch if you're bored on a Saturday and want to watch people move spaceships around for awhile. I am mildly sleep deprived and will attempt to finegle myself on stream at least once with Bossk&Kath's Daredevil Duo

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 27, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I want a card like "Untouchable" that works like a defensive Crack Shot that cancels a hit or crit result for 1 point and discard.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Strobe posted:

I want a card like "Untouchable" that works like a defensive Crack Shot that cancels a hit or crit result for 1 point and discard.

In STAW this was the function of the "Red Shirt" crew card :v:

It was 4 points though because they couldn't even do jokes right.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Otisburg posted:

In STAW this was the function of the "Red Shirt" crew card :v:

It was 4 points though because they couldn't even do jokes right.

I cant remember was that one of the "heres a paragraph long flowchart to even activate this ability" type cards? Or am I thinking of klingon boarding party

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I liked the STAW card that did absolutely nothing as written and had to be errata'd to have completely different text. Originally it was something like "if you aren't stressed, you may take an action after a white maneuver".

e:

Original text: Impulse Drive: You may disable this card to perform a white maneuver if there is [a stress token] beside your ship. If you do so, you must still skip your Perform Action step. No ship may be equipped with more than 1 "Impulse Drive" Upgrade.

Errata text: Impulse Drive: You may disable this card WHEN YOU perform a white maneuver if there is [a stress token] beside your ship. If you do so, you must still skip your Perform Action step. YOU MAY THEN REMOVE [A STRESS TOKEN] FROM BESIDE YOUR SHIP. No ship may be equipped with more than 1 "Impulse Drive" Upgrade.

In STAW you can't say a ship is 'stressed', you must say "there is an auxiliary power token beside the ship."

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 27, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Strobe posted:

Thing is though, this is basically just an evade token, with the exception of some edge cases like the interaction with OL.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Except it's actionless and use-on-demand. So, not an evade token at all. Could also stack with an evade token, since double evading is useless against one attack now.

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005

VikingPenguin posted:

I think I am a crazy person. I last minute decided to go to a tournament tomorrow so I'm taking my thought exercise Dead man's swarm. Kavil with Veteran Instincts, autoblaster turret, Genius, and a proton bomb, and 4 z-95s with Dead Man's Switch and hopefully enough munitions to get everybody to about 5 health. I don't know if I can win a game, but I want to do my best to force Final Salvos. If I have any luck (and finally stop lurking so hard) I'll let y'all know how it goes.

I wish I had 10 red dice to roll them all at once, I only bought one of each core set.

It was a low turnout, so I only played three games. Took out whisper/oicunn, lost to Double U-boat party bus, and finally blew nearly everything up in game three. It was quad TIE advanced with the computer and tracers. He was so surprised that we didn't do everything in the right order and some damage didn't get correctly applied, but it was worth it.

Sadly no final salvo.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 22, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Definitely pops more.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Two firesprays and a z all with mindlink went 6-0 at the polish nationals, apparently.

The meta is dead. Long live the meta!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Two Mercs and N'Dru, Mercs have K4, all have Mindlink, should leave... four points?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Strobe posted:

Two Mercs and N'Dru, Mercs have K4, all have Mindlink, should leave... four points?

Bump one up to boba, put dengar on board, and have a bid.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

man ive stripped and repainted this Mist hunter thing like 3 times now and I cant find a color scheme i like on it. I dont wanna do the same ol grey A-10 paintjob that a dozen others have done but i cant come up with anything. Its now purple for some reason ahrggsgjkhsiug help me goons what do i paint on this stupid thing?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

zVxTeflon posted:

man ive stripped and repainted this Mist hunter thing like 3 times now and I cant find a color scheme i like on it. I dont wanna do the same ol grey A-10 paintjob that a dozen others have done but i cant come up with anything. Its now purple for some reason ahrggsgjkhsiug help me goons what do i paint on this stupid thing?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Came in second at the local monthly tournament with 2x contracted scouts and a party bus.

It's got a boatload of health to chew through, all while laying out damage like mad.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

zVxTeflon posted:

Purple's fine brah

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Tonight Delvan Mud used Boba Fett to make Luke Skywalker discard the Lone Wolf elite pilot talent. Here's how I picture that working:

*Boba Fett jet packs over, lands on the nose of Luke's X-Wing, sets up a chair and sits in it backwards "cool school counsellor ready to rap with you about life" style*

"Luke, I bet like a lot of people you look at me and think 'Boba Fett, now there's a guy who gets by without help from anyone.' But I have to tell you nothing could be further from the truth...

*several minutes later*

"...so you see, Luke, it's really the people we rely on that help us achieve our goals. No one can do it on their own. I hope you've learned something."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I like the crazy explanations for Boba Fett getting rid of EPTs. Like him jetting over to a pilot with veteran instincts and saying "You are NOT as good as you think you are" or telling people to slow down and not push the limit so much.

• Locked thread