Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ok, but at t he same time, or do the .5's on a separate readthrough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'd say same time is fine.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Just read them in whatever order you encounter them, it's just one of those weird things about how it was released. Other than repeating the first chapter/meeting of the two I don't think there is anything in either that contradicts or "spoils" what happens in the other one. There also aren't IIRC too many "0.5" chapters after a while.

E: The only problem is that storylines get interrupted in the kissmanga releases, only to get resumed later. If you care about that then you'd be better off reading it on batoto which seems to group the storylines together.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 10, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

yankee + dere. that is the joke. that it is a joke which requires explanation makes it kind of ill-suited to be the title of the manga.

I know the joke and I've read it, my joke was that both types of "yandere" could be summed up with

Terper posted:

Slightly unhinged, criminally-inclined girl

Seems to work

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Yandere Kanojo does a really good job of growing its characters beyond the initial hook of "yankee girl" and "boring glasses dude" and has some good dramatic moments as a result.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The only real negative is that it is not actually about Reina's mom, because she is by far the best character.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Cool grandpa is a close second though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RubberLuffy posted:

Yandere Kanojo does a really good job of growing its characters beyond the initial hook of "yankee girl" and "boring glasses dude" and has some good dramatic moments as a result.
like not even 5 chapters in and the characters have shown actual growth already, complete with some stuff that some non-4koma series take a hundred chapters to do. Pretty impressed!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

more Be-Bop High School

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ringo Roadagain posted:

more Be-Bop High School

ZiegeDame posted:

You have successfully convinced me not to read this manga.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

more Be-Bop High School

lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Zai x10

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The policewoman chapters are the best ones.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Wonderland, a survival manga about what would happen if all the humans in a city were suddenly and mysteriously shrunk to the size of rats.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

nerdz posted:

Wonderland, a survival manga about what would happen if all the humans in a city were suddenly and mysteriously shrunk to the size of rats.

okay, I'm in. I'm in.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Wonderland seems to be from the same person who did Sprite, which was awesome and got really dark so looking forward to where this is going.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
The sad thing about reading this is that you just know your cats would do the same to you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Cats are monsters, this is known

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I thought every cat owner knew they were housing sociopaths

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
All animals are sociopaths, morality is something unique to humans.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Ye, that manga works out the same way when you substitute the cats for dogs, except with more vicious mangling via human chew toy

I should finish Sprite some day...

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
cats are cute

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not to a mouse

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RatHat posted:

All animals are sociopaths, morality is something unique to humans.

Nah, dogs have some ability to understand and care about human emotion due to living alongside humans for thousands of years.

I mean, a dog would still kill a mouse-sized human, but only because they wouldn't identify it as human in the first place.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I think ya'll are overestimating the bloodlust of the average pet dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSE0d-TWUY0

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It depends greatly on the temperament of the individual dog and the breed. (This is also true of cats, really.)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Tbh my cat (if it could recognize me which is unlikely) would probably still kill me by crushing me via loving head butts or drown me in slobber, just imagine that sprinkler scene from Honey, I Shrunk The Kids and you get the idea

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mors Rattus posted:

It depends greatly on the temperament of the individual dog and the breed. (This is also true of cats, really.)

Cats really only have two varieties: way too smart and an rear end in a top hat or extremely stupid. Both are equally lovable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
cats are bad

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ytlaya posted:

Nah, dogs have some ability to understand and care about human emotion due to living alongside humans for thousands of years.

I mean, a dog would still kill a mouse-sized human, but only because they wouldn't identify it as human in the first place.

Cats have also been living alongside humans for thousands of years, but as equal partners not servants.

If we suddenly get small and qualify as prey, that's not their problem.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Actually I believe the manga has shown that Cats Are Bad as well as the value of having A Good Dog.

e: I did not expect Wonderland to turn into Fury Road.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 27, 2016

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The best analogy I ever heard with regards to cats and dogs was that if your dog was suddenly the size of your car he'd still be your best friend. If your cat was suddenly the size if your car you'd be dead before you could reach the spray bottle.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Begemot posted:

Cats have also been living alongside humans for thousands of years, but as equal partners not servants.

If we suddenly get small and qualify as prey, that's not their problem.

Nah, it was more of a symbiotic relationship between dogs and humans originally (and I guess still is). Same goes for cats (if you consider eating pests like mice/rats to be a "service" they provided), though there wasn't anywhere near the same social interaction between human and cats as there was with dogs.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
dogs are also cute

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

a dog will eat the corpse of its owner after three or so days because it stops seeing it as their owner

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Futaba Anzu posted:

a dog will eat the corpse of its owner after three or so days because it stops seeing it as their owner
Not to get too into detail here, but this is more accurate to people than you might think, as well. Though without the cannibalism thing.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Eat them before they eat you, then post a manga page.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Not to get too into detail here, but this is more accurate to people than you might think, as well. Though without the cannibalism thing.

people eat their owners?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
How did you think the whole "eat the rich" thing started?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Sahara the Flower Samurai

Second chapter came out today! This is from the first, but it's good, so read it I guess.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 29, 2016

• Locked thread