Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Looking forward to all the train schedule news on Whole Milk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Arthur Chu's main claim 2 fame is that he won Jeopardy a bunch of times. These days he's just a so-woke-yer-brain-broke twitter pest. Avoid twitter and you will never have to devote a single thought to pondering his loathsome moistness.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Winning jeopardy a bunch of times is pretty cool. id like to do that

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Haha does anyone remember that video of him addressing an audience and play-acting as a child rapist or some poo poo as part of a seminar? That would be a good thing to post.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

uber_stoat posted:

Arthur Chu's main claim 2 fame is that he won Jeopardy a bunch of times. These days he's just a so-woke-yer-brain-broke twitter pest. Avoid twitter and you will never have to devote a single thought to pondering his loathsome moistness.

This is an odd show's thread to say "Twitter should just be ignored" in.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Okonner posted:

The only time I read a tweeter is when I pause the show to load someone they mock in the show

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Okonner posted:

Do as I say, not as I do, my son. Don't follow the same dark path I have followed. Don't think about Arthur Chu. Go take a walk and leave the phone at home.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

this is basically a intellectual man's Joker monologue

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Of interest to the Chapo-verse ~ Brendan James and Sam Biddle provoked Matt Yglesias into explicitly apologizing for his legendary "actually terrible working conditions in Bangladesh are good" article.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So Arthur Chu is basically the same kind of person as that Jonathan McIntosh guy, being someone who supports good things, but expresses their views in the most asinine ways that you almost want to oppose said things they support as a knee-jerk reaction?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"I think the only successful sovereignty was Goon Island." ~ Felix, on this week's premium ep.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!
once i realized that arthur chu was the same jeopardy hacker dude it became 100 times funnier

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Joementum posted:

"I think the only successful sovereignty was Goon Island." ~ Felix, on this week's premium ep.

i eagerly await references to all my favorite fyad threads and will clap my baby hands at each and every one

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

SunAndSpring posted:

So Arthur Chu is basically the same kind of person as that Jonathan McIntosh guy, being someone who supports good things, but expresses their views in the most asinine ways that you almost want to oppose said things they support as a knee-jerk reaction?

this is every single person who claims to be victimized by gamergate on the internet

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Under the vegetable posted:

this is every single person who claims to be victimized by gamergate on the internet

nah

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
thats true mostly they dont even support good things.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i think some for sure but not all.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

He's one of the all time great allies

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pretty convenient Molly Klein had a rant about Chapo being CIA funded right before a premium show with a guest who could plausibly be CIA.

Almsot a little too convenient.

Is Molly Klein a Chapo viral marketing stunt to raise publicity for their show? How much are they paying her? Is she just another character by Felix?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

thanks, Gamergate thread posting guy

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

gamer is the n*gger of the world

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
hey man this isn't the place for a hard R

https://twitter.com/ralphdouthat/status/767013756140478464

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

hey man this isn't the place for a hard R

take it up with john lennon

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
tonight some guy who works on RiffTrax is getting into it with the boys/left twitter

https://twitter.com/CHAPOTRAPHOUSE/status/769344793319247874

the tweet second from bottom is RiffTrax boy claiming he almost got the FBI involved re: Felix

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
on the patreon, do you get charged for each episode or just once a month?

GalacticAcid posted:

Of interest to the Chapo-verse ~ Brendan James and Sam Biddle provoked Matt Yglesias into explicitly apologizing for his legendary "actually terrible working conditions in Bangladesh are good" article.

this makes me very happy. was it posted in USPol?

Joementum posted:

how many more episodes until they reveal usernames?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Mr Hootington posted:

Just once a month and pledging gets you the back catalogue of premium eps too, it's a good deal

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Mr Hootington posted:

do not think so, based on a quick search

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Pharmaskittle posted:

Just once a month and pledging gets you the back catalogue of premium eps too, it's a good deal

cool. have never interacted with patreon and the option seems to say per episode and there is no way I'm paying $25 a month.

emdash posted:

do not think so, based on a quick search

that is too bad. the folks it would get the best reaction out of do not post at this time usually.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mr Hootington posted:

cool. have never interacted with patreon and the option seems to say per episode and there is no way I'm paying $25 a month.

Patreon only charges you if they actually release the promised episodes each month, which is why it seems to say "pay per episode". I've only been charged $5/mo so far.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Mr Hootington posted:

some secrets are better kept as such imo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CortezFantastic posted:

drat, Will. You made your own fan thread? That's some sad poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Joementum posted:

Patreon only charges you if they actually release the promised episodes each month, which is why it seems to say "pay per episode". I've only been charged $5/mo so far.

great!

Next week will be Alex Jones show followed by Chapo all week.

CortezFantastic posted:

we will find out they are MiGF, Baloogan, and Boosted.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

felix already revealed his username ends in "stomper58"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mr Hootington posted:

I didn't see it there but I think I missed a couple pages.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I'm permabanned poster gülenstomper58. By 14 I became obsessed with the concepts of Justice and Devel

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Carl Diggler was responsible for NPR's recent removal of comments from their website, due to the incessant shitposting of "entitlementstomper58" (his nom de guerre)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Slanderer posted:

"entitlementstomper58"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/bowlessimpson/status/766314661889335296

Think I found Felix's parachute account...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Felix, I know being banned again has gotta be hard on you, but this is not a good look...