Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chernabog posted:

One of my opponents told me to take a look at the score settings, but since this is only my second draft I'm not sure what to look for.

Does this look pretty normal or am I missing something?

I would treat it like a 6 point passing TD league on account of the bonus points. I would also focus on bellcow RBs and players who make deep plays like DeSean Jackson. It's 0PPR so WR is a little depreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

See if Andre Williams ... is hanging around.

:stare:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Try to draft one of the top 3 QBs.

also noticed 0 ppr.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would treat it like a 6 point passing TD league on account of the bonus points. I would also focus on bellcow RBs and players who make deep plays like DeSean Jackson. It's 0PPR so WR is a little depreciated.

Cool, thanks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Andre Williams is loving garbage

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Benne posted:

He apparently lost a lot of weight and is the presumed RB2 behind Jennings.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Benne posted:

Yeah sorry, this was the cause of my befuddlement. I can't imagine him being useful, but we'll see.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He apparently lost a lot of weight and is the presumed RB2 behind Jennings.

Please don't make my dynasty cuts harder.

To the guy posting the rule set question get yourself a good qb. 5 point to and 300 yard bonus favor the elite qbs. The wr/RB bonuses are much harder to achieve.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Waroduce posted:

E: is there a goon consensus on lamar miller?

My personal consensus is I love Lamar Miller.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Doltos posted:

Last year my co-comissioner with two other guys showed up 30 minutes late reeking of coors light then drank the rest of the way, had a terrible draft, and those three guys ended up in the top 5.

I was sober and ended up in 13th out of 14 and most people agreed I had the best draft.

I was so drunk for my money league draft that my sole QB in a 14-team league ended up being Tannehill.

Rest of my team owned, though, and I traded for Andrew Luck. Things are looking up.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Waroduce posted:

I dont want to make a whole thread for this but im in a casual espn work league and we need 1-3 people if anyone wants in on standard ppr league

Just leave your email ill in you tonight or tomorrow

Here's what I wrote about Miller a few months ago.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Waroduce posted:

I dont want to make a whole thread for this but im in a casual espn work league and we need 1-3 people if anyone wants in on standard ppr league

Up for it chesneckbeard at gmail

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

MrSargent posted:

My personal consensus is I love Lamar Miller.

Same. Always have, always will.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
With Lamar Miller I love the opportunity but hate the opportunity cost.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

With Lamar Miller I love the opportunity but hate the opportunity cost.

This is me. I've yet to go into a draft avoiding Miller but I've also yet to have a draft wherein I take him when he's available.

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
In a 14 team 0.5 PPR league I have to decide between keeping Lamar Miller or AJ Green. :(

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Miller owns, Houston owns for him, Miller is going to be a top 4 RB this year

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Doltos posted:

What would you guys think about taking Allen Robinson over DeAndre Hopkins this year? I don't think the Jags offensive share changes much with Ivory coming into town and his QB situation does look a lot better.

It isn't crazy at all. I personally lean towards it myself. Allen Robinsons numbers were not really generated by unsustainable targets. Jacksonville spread the ball. I think Robinson is a very high floor / high ceiling type of player. Because that offense wasn't truly clicking last year so much as desperately trying to play catch up.

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012

Waroduce posted:

I'm down if you still need someone. When's the draft?
chuckbty at hotmail

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RTM posted:

In a 14 team 0.5 PPR league I have to decide between keeping Lamar Miller or AJ Green. :(

I would keep Green.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Sataere posted:

desperately trying to play catch up.

At the same time, this is the reason that people expect some regression too. Better offense/ better run game + better defense = less garbage time. That being said, Robinson is extemely talented and I think he'll feast even in a with fewer targets in a more efficient offense.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I love how I opted to pass on AJ Green 2 weeks ago in my last draft to pick Lamar Miller at the 11th spot.

But, now I'm considering AJ Green at the 4th spot tomorrow instead of DeAndre Hopkins.

Incase my many sacrifices to the fantasy gods doesn't work and the top 3 WRs go in the top 3 spots (likely). COME ON, SOMEBODY PICK ADRIAN PETERSON OR TODD GURLEY IN THE TOP 3 YOU STUPID IDIOTS.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

Regarding draft strategy, how do you drink during the draft? For my two longest draft (14 team auction and 12 team deep keeper) I tend to go for a bomber follow by cans. I tend to stick towards lighter beers since it's August. I feel this is a pretty typical draft strategy. And on the whole it's a good system, leaving me willing to make a few risky plays as the draft goes on while still being fairly coherent by the end. This year I'm starting with a 7.5 and dropping to a 5.2. How do you mix it up? I feel like a heavier beer might balls it up a bit. Does anyone do cocktails? Is it worth bringing a high alcohol beer and sharing around to try and get a leg up, sobriety wise?

On a related note, we have one member drafting pregnant, is that enough of a disability given that she even be buzzed by the end of a long rear end auction? Should some other penalty apply?

I have no snake drafts this year, but in previous years I get so dialed in with my drafting practice that I could get as blitzed as I wanna and not have my team look any different.

In our irl auction I sip session IPA. But we also have a tequila shot penalty for procedural errors (nominating an already taken player, bidding with money you don't have, etc). Also it's a tequila shot penalty for making a bid that the group overwhelmingly agrees was an overpay... which leads to a humorous situation where one of us will nominate a kicker early, then wait with bated breath until someone with itchy trigger finger bids two and we all yell at him to take a shot.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 27, 2016

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
Hello goons what is the the best spot to pick out of 12 in half ppr this year? I get my choice in one league, but 1st, 5th, and 7th have already been taken. Is there anyone in particular worth targeting in the first round to warrant an early choice? Namaste.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

D-Tron posted:

Hello goons what is the the best spot to pick out of 12 in half ppr this year? I get my choice in one league, but 1st, 5th, and 7th have already been taken. Is there anyone in particular worth targeting in the first round to warrant an early choice? Namaste.

Second or third and take OBJ or Julio (I rank OBJ higher because Ryan sucks and I think Eli will have a good year for fantasy, homerism aside). Or if 1st is an idiot you go 2nd and get Antonio Brown.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Honestly, drafting at spot #4 in a 0.5 PPR league, if all of the top 3 WRs are gone, I'm straight up considering the idea of "reaching" and drafting Jamaal Charles ahead of Gurley, DJ, AJ Green, DeAndre, and AP.

ACL's aren't poo poo these days.

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
Thanks for the quick responses brothers. Now that I'm a new New Yorker maybe OBJ could be my choice, but Jamaal Charles will always be my boy for carrying me to a championship a couple of years ago, I'll seriously consider both suggestions!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Honestly, drafting at spot #4 in a 0.5 PPR league, if all of the top 3 WRs are gone, I'm straight up considering the idea of "reaching" and drafting Jamaal Charles ahead of Gurley, DJ, AJ Green, DeAndre, and AP.

ACL's aren't poo poo these days.

Heh, the subtitle of a league I run is "torn ACLs ain't nuthin but a thing"
That said, you're crazy to take Charles over Gurley, DJ, or a wr

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Drunk Nerds posted:

Heh, the subtitle of a league I run is "torn ACLs ain't nuthin but a thing"
That said, you're crazy to take Charles over Gurley, DJ, or a wr
After being a victim of 1st round picks: CJ Anderson, CJ Spiller, and Eddie Lacy....I just need a larger sample than one successful year for a RB. Gurley and DJ scream high 2nd round picks behind Jamaal, Lamar, AP, and LeVeon. Not 1st.

And "DJ" sounds an awful lot like "CJ" to me. [/superstitions]

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

After being a victim of 1st round picks: CJ Anderson, CJ Spiller, and Eddie Lacy....I just need a larger sample than one successful year for a RB. Gurley and DJ scream high 2nd round picks behind Jamaal, Lamar, AP, and LeVeon. Not 1st.

And "DJ" sounds an awful lot like "CJ" to me. [/superstitions]

Yeah. I'll, all first round rbs are too risky/a reach. Take AJ green and laugh as he gets 15 targets a game

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I think DJ is just as likely to finish as RB1 as any of the guys getting picked in the first but I would pick Brown, OBJ, Julio, Hopkins, and Green before I'd even think of touching a RB.

To be completely honest, if I weren't picking in the top-3, I want to be somewhere like 10-12 and hope that I could grab two of Dez/Green/Gronk/Robinson/Allen around the turn

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 27, 2016

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
I kept Bell and Anderson and I'm drafting 5th overall with a few names not available.

My two best options on the first round are Green and Miller.

My gut says Miller, but with 2 competent backs being kept, my brain says Green.

Non-ppr. 2RB/2WR/Flex

Thoughts?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I would draft Green over Miller in a re-draft, so if you're already starting with two RBs, I think that's a no-brainer. Especially in non-PPR. That essentially means it'll be that much easier for you to find RB depth and that much harder to have top flight WR talent.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I would draft Green over Miller in a re-draft, so if you're already starting with two RBs, I think that's a no-brainer. Especially in non-PPR. That essentially means it'll be that much easier for you to find RB depth and that much harder to have top flight WR talent.

Not sure that's how ppr vs standard works out... Standard makes it harder to get decent RB depth as you can't rely on pass catching backs to score competitively, and easier to get quality WRs because the yardage difference between elite and less elite receivers isn't increased by reception volume difference too. That's my intuition, anyway, and a cursory look at receiver scoring seems to agree: in my standard league, WR#1 to WR#6 was a 33 point difference across the season (89 in full PPR), WR#17 to WR#25 was 6 points (22 in full PPR), WR#25 to WR#38 was 29 points (34 in full PPR).

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Notes from the first half of Pats-Panthers:
- I said last week that the NE, defense is going to be a good streaming option this year. Tonight showed why.
- Dobson looked sharper running routes, but just as terrible catching the ball. Not a single clean reception attempt. Avoid.
- They really seem to want Tyler Gaffney to be a thing. Not sure how I feel about this. He's certainly a better runner than White, and is probably a better runner than Bolden (who is nonetheless a good special teams guy). Fading Blount a few spots might be wise.
- Tom Brady is pretty good at football.
- Jimmy G is probably not very good at football.
- I'm not convinced that Bennett has top 10 upside this year. Not undraftable, but probably overpriced.
- Hard to get a read on Hogan in this offense. Really doesn't LOOK fast, but he seems to be getting to the right place at the right time. Not hard to see a situation where he and Mitchell cannibalize one another.
- Edelman looks rusty.

- Mike Tolbert owns.
- Everybody on the Panthers is like 6'6 and all the QBs are still sailing passes over their heads.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Start the Josh Gordon hype train! :2bong:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/769347424871735296

:3:

I always love him for winning me a championship.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I've got my draft tomorrow, and I'm getting the guy drafting ahead of me (I'm 5th overall) drunk and trying to talk him into Ezekiel Elliott. Other than the amazing O-line, anything I can use to convince him?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

The X-man cometh posted:

I've got my draft tomorrow, and I'm getting the guy drafting ahead of me (I'm 5th overall) drunk and trying to talk him into Ezekiel Elliott. Other than the amazing O-line, anything I can use to convince him?

show him replays of yesterday's game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The X-man cometh posted:

Show him Brad Evans furiously masturbating over Zeke

• Locked thread