Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The X-man cometh posted:

I've got my draft tomorrow, and I'm getting the guy drafting ahead of me (I'm 5th overall) drunk and trying to talk him into Ezekiel Elliott. Other than the amazing O-line, anything I can use to convince him?

I have this exact situation because I am dying for ODB over Hopkins and the guy picking third could get realistically drunk enough to take a RB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The X-man cometh posted:

I've got my draft tomorrow, and I'm getting the guy drafting ahead of me (I'm 5th overall) drunk and trying to talk him into Ezekiel Elliott. Other than the amazing O-line, anything I can use to convince him?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000690408/Every-run-from-Ezekiel-Elliott-s-preseason-debut

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Elliot was the first pick in both of the drafts I've had so far.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

3 DONG HORSE posted:

whaaaa?

That said, he looked solid against a top 3 defense. Got under Cam Chancellor's skin

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Lmaaaoooooo

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
We're getting to that point in the preseason when that old familiar feeling comes creeping back into your brain like an old friend. I've made every wrong choice a man can make.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

3 DONG HORSE posted:

In my league the top scoring RB, Devonta Freeman, had to have the perfect situation hand fed to him in both PPR, early YPC, and tons of TDs, and he still put up 100 less points than Antonio Brown.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I just did my first ever auction draft and it was fun as hell and I don't ever want to do a standard draft again

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I still want to do a rso mock draft sometime

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

quote:

Jared Cook caught 4-of-5 targets for 54 yards in the Packers' third preseason game Friday night.
Cook was a terrifying weapon for the 49ers' defense, shredding them down the seam between the twenties. Most importantly, Cook dominated first-team snaps, seeing 19-of-26 reps compared to just two for Richard Rodgers with the Aaron Rodgers group. Cook has always possessed a tantalizing size-speed combination, and has long been an inconsistent producer with technical flaws. He's late-round flyer material in hopes the light flipping on with Rodgers is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7XbukdoGmM

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Niners

They are bad

E: Torrey Smith has 1 target in 3 preseason games

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 27, 2016

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Benne posted:

The Niners

They are bad

Yeah, they got rid of the only thing they had going for them - Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force - and now they're boring and terrible.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 27, 2016

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah, they got rid of the only thing they had going for them - Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force - and now they're boring and terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xp1cSDqEBg

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If anything, he's a better choice than Rodgers who was already Jared Cook-lite in the first place

Aaron Rodgers has never been afraid to use the TE, but I think people do the same with him and those 1.5 good seasons of Finley that they do with every Eagles TE since Brent Celek put up back to back decent years after the soft dick that was LJ Smith and keep drafting/WW-hyping them thinking that there's some scheme correlation that doesn't actually exist

e: I would be more than willing to bet that Cook has 2-5 weeks of legitimate top 3-5 TE production, but smart money says that the remaining 11-14 weeks will be you chasing the dragon and ending up with a cool 3 points

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Aug 27, 2016

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
First game of week 1 really should be Browns v 49er's. Show off how horrible it all is.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Turns out my DropBox account was banned because over 100,000 BeerSheets were downloaded in a single day.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Turns out my DropBox account was banned because over 100,000 BeerSheets were downloaded in a single day.

Time to get the corporate account

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

Time to get the corporate account

Google Drive is cheaper.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benne posted:

The Niners

They are bad

E: Torrey Smith has 1 target in 3 preseason games

*frantically scrubs his Torrey Smith fire taeks from the internet*

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Torrey Smith is not very good at converting targets to production in general, let alone consistently, and his QBs are terrible. There's still plenty of opportunity in relation to cost, which is not a bad formula when taking late round flyers, but I still maintain that the most usefulness anyone is going to get from him is to draft him super late and then trade him as quickly as possible to whoever will take him for whatever you can get

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's actually a pretty bad strategy for Smith considering they play the Seahawks, Cardinals and Panthers in the first 5 weeks. You aren't gonna get gently caress all for him in an early trade.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Well then you probably shouldn't draft him then!!

Texibus
May 18, 2008
What's the most someone saw Antonio Brown go for in one their .5 ppr leagues? I got a beer sheet saying that mother is worth 93? Best I can find is that dude going for 70. My budgets 200 and the only out of the normal thing is we start 1 RB with 2 WR and 1 flex WR/RB.

Did I fill out something wrong?

Texibus fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 27, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Texibus posted:

What's the most someone saw Antonio Brown go for in one their .5 ppr leagues? I got a beer sheet saying that mother is worth 93? Best I can find is that dude going for 70. My budgets 200 and the only out of the normal thing is we start 1 RB with 2 WR and 1 flex WR/RB.

Did I fill out something wrong?

Most leagues are 2RB, 2WR, 1FLX. Since your league requires fewer RBs it shifts the value of WRs significantly.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I just did my first ever auction draft and it was fun as hell and I don't ever want to do a standard draft again

Yeeeeee. Online or irl?

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!

Spoeank posted:

*frantically scrubs his Torrey Smith fire taeks from the internet*

The only logical explanation here is that Chip Kelly is keeping his secret weapon under wraps until after the season starts

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeeeeee. Online or irl?

Online, I can only imagine how great a live one would be. My friends and I are starting an auction dynasty next year and it's going to be ruthless :getin:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 27, 2016

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

sorry beer that was me. i had 100,000 drafts that day so i needed 100,000 beersheets

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have three fantasy drafts coming up. I've spent zero time preparing this year. What's the best thing I can buy to just pick the best players for me?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Mike Evans fuckers. Last year he was a solid wideout 2 despite a terrible case of drops, a flukey low touchdown total, and a young retarded Jameis Winston the first half of the year.

His targets will stay the same, his drops will probably go down, his touchdown total will probably go up, and Jameis will be better (as he was in the second half of the year).

Anybody else think he might be this years Nuk?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I have him as my WR2/3 in two of my three leagues and was a few bucks short of it being 3/3, so I loving hope so

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ehud posted:

I have three fantasy drafts coming up. I've spent zero time preparing this year. What's the best thing I can buy to just pick the best players for me?

Draft dominator

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

Beersheets

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shh Jared Cook is my sleeper TE this year alongside Witten. He's always been an athletic freak and now he'll be with Rodgers. Plus the Pack really need a seam stretcher alongside Cobb.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I Want To Believe

Coby Fleener looks like poo poo too and for where he's getting drafted I am fading the gently caress out of him. Dwayne Allen has been the best opportunity cost TE that I've been seeing in drafts and ASJ, Tye, and Cook are all going undrafted and are my WW hail mary prayers.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ty1990 posted:

Mike Evans fuckers. Last year he was a solid wideout 2 despite a terrible case of drops, a flukey low touchdown total, and a young retarded Jameis Winston the first half of the year.

His targets will stay the same, his drops will probably go down, his touchdown total will probably go up, and Jameis will be better (as he was in the second half of the year).

Anybody else think he might be this years Nuk?

Shhhhhhhh.

But seriously, Winston really seems to be relying on him heavily. I have him pretty even with Hopkins as my wr5

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

Beer sheets, man. That's what they're for and the money goes to charity

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also this year my fantasy league has Bill Daly who is the deputy commissioner and chief legal officer of the NHL in it. First time he's ever played fantasy. I can give updates on the drafting and team management skills of a guy who runs a major sports industry if you like.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Doltos posted:

Also this year my fantasy league has Bill Daly who is the deputy commissioner and chief legal officer of the NHL in it. First time he's ever played fantasy. I can give updates on the drafting and team management skills of a guy who runs a major sports industry if you like.

Tell him I said Bettman sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

EJ Hradek was at my cousin's wedding in 200(4?) and was sitting at the table next to me while I was remotely drafting my team and he made fun of me for drafting Donovan McNabb and that was the year that he and Westbrook went loving gangbusters and if I didn't run into a 7 TD Harrison/LdT buzzsaw in the semis, I would've won the league (with Jeff Garcia because lol)

LmaoTheKid posted:

Tell him I said Bettman sucks.

:agreed:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 27, 2016

• Locked thread