Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Might also be that whoever took them from the site for scanlation didn't fullscreen the images, just took screenshots of the browser and cut the image out or something equally silly.

Nah, it's the same on the viewer in Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i want more saitama it is one punch man not other things than one punch man

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

a kitten posted:

It was short, but good.

much like Tatsumaki

Almost spat my toast out.

A good post.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

One Punch Man has turned into a comedy series about a bunch of straight man shonen stereotypes with no punch line. All these self-serious idiots need to get one-punched.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dreggon posted:

i want more saitama it is one punch man not other things than one punch man

Tatsumaki sighed as she drew her psychic katana.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Series is renamed One TK Woman, stars Fubuki.

OH YEH

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

And More posted:

One Punch Man has turned into a comedy series about a bunch of straight man shonen stereotypes with no punch line. All these self-serious idiots need to get one-punched.

Even if this part is dragging, basically everything but the Genoa fight ends up being super relevant to what's coming up later. Almost to the point that it's weirder that we never got the Metal Bat fight in the ONE version.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't really think this part is dragging, but the updates are slow and it's not good for sideshow stuff like this

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Zzulu posted:

I don't really think this part is dragging, but the updates are slow and it's not good for sideshow stuff like this

Agreed, it kind of feels like it's going to be abandoned. I guess he is focusing on the Anime

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
The content seems like it's bad because of the long waits in between, but the overall story will be better for having it once it's complete.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, and the releases will probably go back to normal once Muruta can just use preexisting ONE chapters as a basis for chapter layouts instead of doing a entire arc of new stuff.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

So what exactly is the deal with the story etc. atm?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

While Saitama is at the tournament, monsters are loving poo poo up all over, bolstered due to rumblings of the forming of a Monster Association.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sorry i wasn't clear, I meant with respect to what Murata is adapting and stuff. Is the ONE webcomic ongoing and far ahead or what's the deal between the two?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EmmyOk posted:

Sorry i wasn't clear, I meant with respect to what Murata is adapting and stuff. Is the ONE webcomic ongoing and far ahead or what's the deal between the two?

Yes and yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes, the ONE version is ahead, but either they want to create a buffer or seeing as a lot of this is supposed to tie into future stuff, maybe they wanted to fill in some blanks. ONE is, in fact, writing this material, but this material did not appear in the original webcomic version.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Yes. The ONE version is both ongoing, and also much further ahead of where we are now. The Metal Bat fight and tournament arc Murata is producing currently is an original sequence of chapters that was not in the original ONE version.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EmmyOk posted:

So what exactly is the deal with the story etc. atm?

It's half reinforcing certain facts that were known but hadn't been too deeply explored, such as Genos being a legitimately strong hero (despite Saitama showing him up), the relationship between the martial arts world and the heroes association, how different heroes of different rank compare with each other, and half to set up the next arc, what with the sudden increase in monster attacks and monster strength, and the heroes association being streatched dangerously thin.

It's kind of going in a lot of directions at once, which is something of a weakness. While it's cool to see Genos actual win some fights, we kind of already understood that there was some relationship between martial artists and the heroes association, and the tournament doesn't really tell us much more besides confirming that, yes, sucha relationship exists. The same is kind of true with the Fukuki Tatsumaki stuff. We already knew they had a hosed up relationship, and the new chapter doesn't really tell us anything new.

I hope there's more payoff aside from the promise that the next arc will be better.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EmmyOk posted:

Depending on how you divide things, ONE's version is two or three storylines ahead.

I promise you, the future is tremendously baller.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

The important thing to note is that ONE is a very skilled artist from a pure technical standpoint, his panel layouts are pretty much 1:1 to the redraw. Which is probably slowing up the pace of releases some, since there's probably a lot more back and forth on the collaboration on the chapters for 100% new stuff.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wrong thread

Elentor fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 28, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want to loving get to garo already aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What's to come is so good, and the updates are so short and infrequent that it's souring the Murata manga for me a bit.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It occurred to me that the reason we're getting so much extra character stuff now is probably because the next arc is so tightly paced that they wouldn't be able to fit any extra stuff in once it gets started. Anything ONE wants to add has to get in now, or be put on hold for quite a while.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Murata has said that ONE sometimes makes him do scenes over if he's not satisfied with them so that might be the reason for the slow chapters.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The image of ONE telling Murata that something isn't drawn well enough is humourous to me.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

Genos being a legitimately strong hero (despite Saitama showing him up)

its funnier if he's known to be a really strong hero but never ever gets the opportunity to show it because saitama is too overpowered

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Davinci posted:

The content seems like it's bad because of the long waits in between, but the overall story will be better for having it once it's complete.

Honestly, I don't even think that's true. Like the Metal Bat stuff was fine, I guess, but not only does a lot of this poo poo not add to the story some of it subtracts from story beats that come later. It's actively making some things worse for existing. Writing a story is hard, and going back years later and trying to add new material into the flow of a story is exponentially harder.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Boogaleeboo posted:

Honestly, I don't even think that's true. Like the Metal Bat stuff was fine, I guess, but not only does a lot of this poo poo not add to the story some of it subtracts from story beats that come later. It's actively making some things worse for existing. Writing a story is hard, and going back years later and trying to add new material into the flow of a story is exponentially harder.

Would you mind popping into the ONE version thread for a bit to explain why you think it's making things worse? I'm genuinely curious.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think that's only really possible to say when we have the finished article ready and waiting to be read, at least the entirety of this arc finished. The Metal Bat stuff was great, well written, well drawn and very entertaining, it explains a thing or two we've not seen in Murata's version yet and as a whole, was a worthwhile sojourn.

There's nothing we're really gaining so far from a tournament arc with Saitama while Fubuki and Genos struggle with monsters and Tatsumaki proves her dominance. Those are things we already know about those three. Fubuki's good, but not Tatsumaki good, Genos is good, but he's not extremely good. This chapter too does help set things up later on, but it's far less key than the MB thing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The image of ONE telling Murata that something isn't drawn well enough is humourous to me.

"Murata my boy,
Perfect minute detail on BESTO GIRLs lace top.

Framing is poo poo and boring, burn it.
"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You motherfuckers need to stop hinting at things to come in this thread maaaan

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Read the ONE~

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Fuy24kTdE

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Read the ONE~

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Who made this?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:zenpop:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/774328542431633408

This is probably going to be an announcement of a disc release.