Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

One of pharah's skins is a gundam, though.

And the alt colour is Jehuty. Hell her Amethyst one is basically the Gravity Suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Reinhardt mentions David Hasselhoff and Junkrat has jester skins that are a reference to the joker.

One of Bastion's skins is a reference to Laputa

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I knew I shouldn't have used the words completely free :doh: I thought about editing it but I felt confident in my 3 minutes of research.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Also, Mad Dog McCree

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
That's funny because I'm pretty sure blizzard tried to start legal trouble on DotA 2 for using such unique characters as "skeleton King" and windrunner

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
http://steamcharts.com/app/376570#3m

Yikes.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

darkhand posted:

That's funny because I'm pretty sure blizzard tried to start legal trouble on DotA 2 for using such unique characters as "skeleton King" and windrunner

The legal dispute was only over the name though.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

24-hour peak: 998

How is Carbine managing to keep the lights on at this point? That is abysmal. I really dont understand the business logic of this games continued existence.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

CoffeeBooze posted:

24-hour peak: 998

How is Carbine managing to keep the lights on at this point? That is abysmal. I really dont understand the business logic of this games continued existence.

Five bucks says the die hard defense is "that's just the steam numbers most people are using the stand alone game client"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They can't even break the thousand player mark on a Friday afternoon in the middle of summer.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Unguided posted:

They can't even break the thousand player mark on a Friday afternoon in the middle of summer.

that's because Wildstar players are fun sexhavers with a life :colbert:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm a Wildstar player and didn't even know it. :smuggo:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
WildStar now #1 game among sex having casuals with no time for raiding

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/2016-08-01-redmoon-rising-raid-preview/

The new wildstar raid launches like...a week after the new WoW class and prepatch event comes out and like two weeks before the expansion.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Commissar Budgie posted:

The new wildstar raid launches like...a week after the new WoW class and prepatch event comes out and like two weeks before the expansion.

When Warlords of Draenor came out, the patch WildStar rushed to beat it introduced the item duping bug that wrecked the economy. What exciting new bugs will pop up this time?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Do companies really follow blizzard development that much though? Seems to me that no one would be able to release anything if that was the case.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They absolutely do. Blizzard also seemed to follow FFXIV's ARR launch and expansion launch.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I'm not really sure if that's smart or really really stupid.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think the smart plan would be to wait until everyone's bored with WoW's new content and try to leech players away.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
i think the smart thing would be to put fun things to do in your game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

30.5 Days posted:

Woah now.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

30.5 Days posted:

Overhaul it to make the stats more annoying? Well ok

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
RMT will save wildstar :downs:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

noELrunes posted:

RMT will save wildstar :downs:

That's one thing I was baffled to see when I briefly popped back in: RMT farm bots are still running around and the hawkers are still standing there in every starting zone with their vowel free names whispering people.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
So apparently they are dipping into the 2000 active players area according to the subreddit, which as we know tells nothing but truth.

Cyster I hope you are looking hard for another job.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

So apparently they are dipping into the 2000 active players area according to the subreddit, which as we know tells nothing but truth.

Cyster I hope you are looking hard for another job.

Hmm i looked and couldn't find this anywhere on there, probably deleted already. Can't think of a better fate for such a bad game then fading to obscurity.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Oldschool WoW servers had 1500 people on them right? They can still fill a server, guys

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Haha that's like 3 guys' salary IF they were even on a subscription model

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
here lies wildstar, once a mighty dumpster fire, now nothing more than a flaming bag of poo. rip in peace

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Commissar Budgie posted:

I can't imagine a worse use of development resources than a loving raid in a game that's hanging onto its playerbase by a thread.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
What else can they do at this point? The only good thing I hear about Wildstar on the rare occasion that it comes up is the raids. In order to even hang onto what little population they have left they need more raid content or raiders will get bored and quit. I cant imagine any way Carbine could turn things around at this point. It seems like all thats left to do is extract as much money from the player base as possible in an attempt to recoup some of the money NCSoft has lost on the game.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

What else can they do at this point? The only good thing I hear about Wildstar on the rare occasion that it comes up is the raids. In order to even hang onto what little population they have left they need more raid content or raiders will get bored and quit. I cant imagine any way Carbine could turn things around at this point. It seems like all thats left to do is extract as much money from the player base as possible in an attempt to recoup some of the money NCSoft has lost on the game.

Short of tearing it down and rebuilding the entire design philosophy from the ground up? gently caress all.

EDIT: and the odds of that recapturing a stable playerbase are nill.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 26, 2016

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

Short of tearing it down and rebuilding the entire design philosophy from the ground up? gently caress all.

EDIT: and the odds of that recapturing a stable playerbase are nill.

Had they abandoned raids and focused on the one good thing they had going- housing- they might have had a chance.

Hell, even more small group content that gives housing stuff coulda been enough.

Alas, they're gonna die on this hill.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
That's the worst part. There were good parts of the game. I really liked the adventures, and I think it's almost universally agreed that the housing system was great too. It's just that it couldn't carry the bad decisions that drug the game down.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Deki posted:

That's the worst part. There were good parts of the game. I really liked the adventures, and I think it's almost universally agreed that the housing system was great too. It's just that it couldn't carry the bad decisions that drug the game down.

And those bad decisions earned it such a reputation. Even if they cut out all the bad, I don't think they could bring people back. I actually think the current f2p version is pretty alright but once an MMO like this starts to die, it starts a snowball effect. And NCSoft is not afraid to shut games down.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I mean we've been waiting for them to pull the plug for how long now? I think they're just leaving it running out of spite

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
my theory is that since NCsoft's HotS clone Master X Master has a Chua in it, they don't want to shut down Wildstar until after MxM launches because it would be weird to have a dead game's mascot in it right at launch

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The Chairman posted:

NCsoft's HotS clone Master X Master
Another game destined for greatness.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
yea I think having a mascot from a dead game is more than appropriate for that game's launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
Zombie skin version comes absolutely free after purchasing NCoin

• Locked thread