Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Watrick posted:

If anyone wants I have a code for Remember Me.

Edit: PM of you can, please.

Thank you for the Strider for PS4 code, Watrick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Cool of the PSN to go down while I'm in the middle of a boss fight in Nioh :argh:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of, I just received Deus Ex MD on retail and it says Online is required, is this true or a misprint?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

univbee posted:

Speaking of, I just received Deus Ex MD on retail and it says Online is required, is this true or a misprint?

it sells in game consumable items as microtransactions so the game almost certainly phones home constantly to check that you aren't cheating. enjoy!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Instant Grat posted:

Cool of the PSN to go down while I'm in the middle of a boss fight in Nioh :argh:

The game just does that for me. It comes back if you wait though

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Sakurazuka posted:

Afaik it's US-only, but it's easy enough to make a US account and you can play games on any profile once they're downloaded.

I'm not sure how well this works for Final Fight Double Impact or Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 due to their always-online fuckery but you should still be able to play them on the US account, obviously/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Discount Viscount posted:

I'm not sure how well this works for Final Fight Double Impact or Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 due to their always-online fuckery but you should still be able to play them on the US account, obviously/

It's never mattered for any game I've tried, I could play my US copy of Demon's Souls fine online on my UK account for instance.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Discount Viscount posted:

The online fuckery just made it so two people couldn't play the game on the same account within 24 hours of each other. If no one else is using the account it shouldn't be an issue at all.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

It's never mattered for any game I've tried, I could play my US copy of Demon's Souls fine online on my UK account for instance.

Those two titles are anomaly because Capcom designed them to require persistent connectivity to PSN with the account which owns the game; this was Capcom's way of preventing the 5-way account sharing that was big at the time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

rabidsquid posted:

it sells in game consumable items as microtransactions so the game almost certainly phones home constantly to check that you aren't cheating. enjoy!

Why would it matter if you cheated in a single player game?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV edit; ah yes, well played!

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 26, 2016

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Why would it matter if you cheated in a single player game?

Because then you wouldn't need to buy their microtransaction items!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

univbee posted:

Those two titles are anomaly because Capcom designed them to require persistent connectivity to PSN with the account which owns the game; this was Capcom's way of preventing the 5-way account sharing that was big at the time.

Which was totally awesome when the PSN went down for over a month the day after I bought BCR2. I couldn't play it for that entire period because it refused to start. Thanks, Capcom!

loving DRM on a drat console...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

just a heads up: tom clancy's endwar apparently became a free ps+ game somewhere last month cause one of the other ps+ games had been offered for free before. i hadn't noticed myself before today. it's not very good (and the multiplayer is probably dead) but free is free!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks for the heads up! I think it's cos Yakuza 5 got released for free two months in a row.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Davincie posted:

just a heads up: tom clancy's endwar apparently became a free ps+ game somewhere last month cause one of the other ps+ games had been offered for free before. i hadn't noticed myself before today. it's not very good (and the multiplayer is probably dead) but free is free!

are you in EU, or are you getting it confused with the free (timed) trial of the full game that's available?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

E: Ignore, for some reason EndWar has two PS3 listings, only one of which shows up if you search for 'Tom Clancy'

Here's the EU page it is indeed free on PS+ this month

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/tom-clancy%92s-endwar/cid=EP0001-NPEB01170_00-ENDWARPS3REMPKG1

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 27, 2016

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
So since enabling 2-factor yesterday I'm getting about 50-100 texts an hour with authentication codes. I'm sure some Russian is trying to use my account but I would almost not have 2f than pay my inevitable overage text charges.

Guessing there's not much I can do about this?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Give Pat a Job posted:

So since enabling 2-factor yesterday I'm getting about 50-100 texts an hour with authentication codes. I'm sure some Russian is trying to use my account but I would almost not have 2f than pay my inevitable overage text charges.

I don't think you get texts unless a login is done with your password, I'd try changing it.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I'm going to be getting a new number soon. If I sign up now for 2 factor, am I able to change my phone number that the service uses later?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Watrick posted:

I'm going to be getting a new number soon. If I sign up now for 2 factor, am I able to change my phone number that the service uses later?

Yes. They also give you backup codes to bypass the 2FA with so be sure to back those up locally just in case.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

univbee posted:

I don't think you get texts unless a login is done with your password, I'd try changing it.

Ohhhhhhhh I'm dumb. Of course. Thank you.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
How do I log in on my Vita? It doesn't give me any option to change the password it's using, so I just tap Sign In on the PlayStation Network menu. And then that fails, and I'm brought back to the PSN menu again.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MisterAlex posted:

How do I log in on my Vita? It doesn't give me any option to change the password it's using, so I just tap Sign In on the PlayStation Network menu. And then that fails, and I'm brought back to the PSN menu again.

Sign into the security page from the webstore, generate a device password and use that. Ditto for PS3 and PSP.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

MisterAlex posted:

With a device setup password. Don't bother putting it in Keepass or whatever; it's only good once.

Once you've logged in with that you can do any further password checks with your account password.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

Give Pat a Job posted:

I've gotten one at 5am every morning since I turned it on telling me I've turned on 2 factor authentication and to visit idp.sn/device-password to generate a device password. Everything I have that needs to be logged into psn is logged in, I don't need a 5am daily reminder to generate passwords.

I'm also considering disabling it...

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

univbee posted:

Yes. They also give you backup codes to bypass the 2FA with so be sure to back those up locally just in case.

Thank you for the help.

And I see No Man's Sky is 40 used now on Amazon. That didn't take long.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm kind of surprised the announcement of Rebel Galaxy got such a harsh reaction. It's probably the best PS+ game on PS4 in ages.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tricky Towers mang

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

univbee posted:

Sign into the security page from the webstore, generate a device password and use that. Ditto for PS3 and PSP.

No... that's not what I'm asking. I can generate the device passwords without any problems, but on the Vita I am not given an option to enter a different password for my PSN account login.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

E: Ignore, for some reason EndWar has two PS3 listings, only one of which shows up if you search for 'Tom Clancy'

Here's the EU page it is indeed free on PS+ this month

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/tom-clancy%92s-endwar/cid=EP0001-NPEB01170_00-ENDWARPS3REMPKG1

yeah i guess this is eu only, here's the blog post explaining it

UPDATE: We would like to apologise for an error that lead to Retro/Grade being offered as one of this month’s free to download games on PS Plus.

We are aware that this title has previously been made available as part of the service in 2012 and had not intended to offer it again. We have now looked into and addressed this issue to ensure that it does not happen in the future.

To rectify this we are pleased to be able to offer an additional title for PS Plus members; Tom Clancy’s EndWar (PS3) from UbiSoft, which is now available to download immediately.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tricky Towers mang

Tricky Towers is an amazing grab for Sony. I've seen it pacify the hearts of many a cynical videogameplayer

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MisterAlex posted:

No... that's not what I'm asking. I can generate the device passwords without any problems, but on the Vita I am not given an option to enter a different password for my PSN account login.

Weird, in my case I don't get "an error has occurred" and can input a different password.

My guess would either be WiFi issues or you're not on the latest fw.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

univbee posted:

Weird, in my case I don't get "an error has occurred" and can input a different password.

My guess would either be WiFi issues or you're not on the latest fw.

Well, I transferred those screenshots to my computer via WiFi... and when I try to check for a FW update, it gives me the same unhelpful error code. I'll try downloading the latest update with my computer and see if I can install that. Thanks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Drop for tomorrow
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/28/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-8302016/

Assault Suit Leynos - retail
Asseto Corsa - retail
Attack on Titan - retail, available on all ps platforms
Telltale Batman episode 1
Bears Can't Drift!?
Binaries
Claire Extended Cut - crossbuy
The Final Station
Four Sided Fantasy
Godeater 2 - retail
Hatsune Miku Project Diva x - retail
Hue
Livelock
Nebulous
One Way Trip
Resident Evil 4 - retail
Rocketsrocketsrockets
Space Hulk
Star Hammer Vanguard Prophesy (Thursday release)
Strike Vector Ex
Verdun
Witcher 3 Complete ed. - retail

holy gently caress so many games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That Witcher 3 complete is so tasty

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Tempted to buy re4 for my ps4 since I need to own that poo poo on as many systems as possible

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Will they implement the gyroscope like the Wii did 🤔

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm guessing no one knows next month's games? I can't find concrete information anywhere.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I'm guessing no one knows next month's games? I can't find concrete information anywhere.

Thursday usually unless it leaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Knack
Knack
Knack
Knack
Knack
Knack

It'll be a good month.

• Locked thread