Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyZX3UW8Qc

:drat:

BTW, here's citations for her comments regarding Farage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Chances that the outcome of this is "Immigrants don't want to integrate! They're not learning the language and culture!" Is 100%

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Semi-relevant Key and Peele sketch http://www.cc.com/video-clips/6oy84e/key-and-peele-macedonian-cafe

I had a Serbian friend who would post Serbian internet drama for his friends, and there were so many tiny groups filled with burning, mad, deep, hatred for other tiny groups. I have to assume this is what looking at Stormfront is like for aliens.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Darth Walrus posted:

Don't think that Trump's going to start quoting from Methods of Rationality any time soon. Probably.

OH GOD YOU HAD TO SAY IT

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

pookel posted:

For a minute I read this as saying that you'd paid $10 for the Kickstarter, and that was the level at which Phil would send 300 death threats. Which sounded entertaining, but maybe a bad idea.

That would be pretty funny if he gave weird threats like "I'll beat you with fishes until you die" etc.

But yes, not advisable.

ikanreed posted:

Chances that the outcome of this is "Immigrants don't want to integrate! They're not learning the language and culture!" Is 100%

To give you a hint about how much of a piece of poo poo Farage is, his wife is a German immigrant and his kids are bilingual in English and German, and bear that in mind during this exchange:

quote:

Why did Farage say people wouldn't want to live next door to Romanians?

O'Brien: "What about if a group of German children [moved in]? What's the difference?"

Farage: "You know what the difference is … We want an immigration system based on controlling not only quantity but quality as well."

An "open door" to immigration has been "an open invitation to the traffickers", Farage added.

O'Brien: "I asked you a question about Romanians and you started talking about people traffickers."

Here is the entire interview, where one of the few decent interviewing journalists in the UK completely picks apart the grossness of Farage and UKIP under him.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)

Curvature of Earth posted:

But which part of Europe? Choose carefully!

I hope we get all 15 Spains :allears:

Dat border gore, though.

"Germany has gained the 'Clean Up Borders' casus belli against Swabia, Bavaria, Franconia, Lusatia, and Bohemia!"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Aschlafly posted:

Dat border gore, though.

"Germany has gained the 'Clean Up Borders' casus belli against Swabia, Bavaria, Franconia, Lusatia, and Bohemia!"

when i was young i always assumed bohemia was in central or south america. I dont know why. then again american and we dont learn dick about other countries.

divabot posted:

Phew, Vox Day has cleared it all up for us! The, uh, sixteen core beliefs of the alt-right.

"TL;DR: The Alt Right is a Western ideology that believes in science, history, reality, and the right of a genetic nation to exist and govern itself in its own interests."

Glad that's settled.

I feel like 2010's are alot like the late 19th century. lots of good cool stuff with lots of lovely backwards ideologies(social,political right/left, racists magical thinking poo poo) being spawned at the same time.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
"Genetic nation" should definitely have scare quotes around it. Good lord you biologically illiterate nitwits, stop pretending your nationalistic superstitions are somehow rooted in science.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I feel like 2010's are alot like the late 19th century. lots of good cool stuff with lots of lovely backwards ideologies(social,political right/left, racists magical thinking poo poo) being spawned at the same time.
And everyone is obsessed with food purity and bowel cleansing.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Well hell, maybe the alt-right publicity will sell some Neoreaction A Basilisk ebooks.

He's a proud white supremacist who believes that he alone, unique among people with nonwhite ancestry, can be tolerated in white societies.

Well that's stupid in a different way from what I expected.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Vox Day is of Native American and Mexican descent, partially.

This is probably why, unlike most scientific racists, he classes Native Americans with East-Asians in their imaginary objective racial taxonomy.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

neonnoodle posted:

And everyone is obsessed with food purity and bowel cleansing.

But there's no cheap legal hashish and coke available today so I think the 19th century's quackery was better, or at least more fun.

Woolie Wool has a new favorite as of 01:00 on Aug 27, 2016

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

Woolie Wool posted:

But there's no cheap legal hashish and coke available today so I think the 19th century's quackery was better, or at lest more fun.

Also the 1910s were the pinnacle of the streetcar and rail age, and we don't even have that going for us now.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Also the 1910s were the pinnacle of the streetcar and rail age, and we don't even have that going for us now.

1810s, not 19.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

Avenging_Mikon posted:

1810s, not 19.

They said late 19th century. We're both wrong.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

They said late 19th century. We're both wrong.

Timeless decision theory says we always made this choice, so are we wrong, or is fate?

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900
These are the angriest tweets I've ever seen ClarkHat make. And all it took was calling him a Nazi!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is "NYC media" him accusing her of being a jew while being offended she would call him a nazi?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

Is "NYC media" him accusing her of being a jew while being offended she would call him a nazi?

She actually writes for an NYC media outlet, so probably not?

Edit: Although she didn't actually call him a Nazi, so his anger is a hilarious overreaction.

Silver2195 has a new favorite as of 01:47 on Aug 27, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

These are the angriest tweets I've ever seen ClarkHat make. And all it took was calling him a Nazi!

Retweet if you're a redpilled ancap

Let's try this again http://tinyurl.com/jc3r6y7

The Vosgian Beast has a new favorite as of 02:02 on Aug 27, 2016

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The filter killed this link.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Pretty sure that using the term "redpilled" automatically grants you involuntary membership in the alt right

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Retweet if you're a redpilled ancap

Let's try this again http://tinyurl.com/jc3r6y7

Oh Tim, first your really earnest album about piss and now this :allears:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

"I'm not even alt-right. I'm just a redpilled ancap." - ClarkHat

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
Man I wish there was money in just loving with alt right people and alt right adjacent people like clarkhat. That dude needs to be aggressively made fun of every hour of every day forever.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MC Nietzche posted:

Man I wish there was money in just loving with alt right people and alt right adjacent people like clarkhat. That dude needs to be aggressively made fun of every hour of every day forever.

Hopefully he will get to the point Mike Anissimov and Matt Forney reached, where people are just owning him 24/7

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Hopefully he will get to the point Mike Anissimov and Matt Forney reached, where people are just owning him 24/7

I'm pretty sure he's already owning himself.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

I really do hope so. His whole "lol I want to murder my fellow citizens thing" is both unfunny and gross.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
The Blind All-Seeing Eye of Gamergate is up.

The cartoon fair-used herein is perfect, though not in any way its creators intended. The facial expression (there's one, shared) is like alt-right troll smug in a bottle.

(Pounded In The Butt by the Blind All-Seeing Butt of Gamerbutt)

Oh, and Cernovich is getting into Bitcoin. This will be a neutron star of hilarity.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/768869205298950144

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
How behind the times are you if you're just getting into bitcoin now? Jesus.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
There's been a lot of talk about Cernovich, like all PUAs, being a rape advocate and that's important to remember, but it should not be forgotten that he also literally thinks his cum is magic

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Everyone has their quirks, but it's probably worth occasionally examining them and asking "is this something people might expect a serial killer to say or do?"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

"I'm not even alt-right. I'm just a redpilled ancap." - ClarkHat

I love how these people are utterly convinced that they can sieg heil as much as possible if they don't come out and actually SAY they're a nazi, and no one will think anything of them if they just toe that line.

I also love how "Post-rationalists" are sufficiently dumb and naive that they'll actually fall for it, and you could probably ask, say, Scott or St_Rev if they had neo-nazi friends and they'd give what they think is an honest answer and say they don't while furiously retweeting Clarkhat and Actual Attempted Murder-Framer Wesley Morganston.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Actual Attempted Murder-Framer Wesley Morganston.

wait, what?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The only thing I know about that Wesley guy is that he was described in a slate article as attending a white supremacist conference while wearing a red shirt and suit jacket with cargo shorts.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

wait, what?

http://bookchins-revenge.tumblr.com/post/147109628174/multiheaded1793-wesley-rian-nydwracu

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Everyone has their quirks, but it's probably worth occasionally examining them and asking "is this something people might expect a serial killer to say or do?"

The redpill subreddit has dudes who worship psychopaths for being alpha males and discuss how awesome the "dark triad" of psychological traits that are the signifiers of psychopathy are.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jack Gladney posted:

The only thing I know about that Wesley guy is that he was described in a slate article as attending a white supremacist conference while wearing a red shirt and suit jacket with cargo shorts.

My personal fun fact about Nydwracu is that I can't pronounce that name so I just say niddy in my head (because obviously i will never speak his name out loud to another person in reality)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pope Guilty posted:

The redpill subreddit has dudes who worship psychopaths for being alpha males and discuss how awesome the "dark triad" of psychological traits that are the signifiers of psychopathy are.

lmao what

for the four people who don't know the "dark triad" is three behaviors that together kinda maybe predict psychopathy

one is cruelty to animals

one is starting fires

the third is wetting the bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
god you know what's awesome

wetting the bed when you're twelve