Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke used Crazy Diamond on it to return it to Kira's arm and they followed it to Cinderella iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

when did Kira get a new hand anyway

Josuke punched his old hand which went back and reattached itself

Which is really convenient for Kira

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Yinlock posted:

My favorite moment of that fight is when Koichi actually wins decisively psychologically by forcing Kira to confront the fact that he isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

EDIT: and then Jotaro makes fun of his watch and beats the poo poo out of him. What a great fight.

I completely forgot about this. drat, I'm even more excited for next week now.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I mean, what would Kira have done if Josuke hadn't fixed up his hand

Going around handless is pretty conspicuous

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That'll probably the week after, though all of Sheer Heart Attack is great.

We're finally going to see Sheer Heart Attack in animated form. Praise DIO.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

El Burbo posted:

I mean, what would Kira have done if Josuke hadn't fixed up his hand

Going around handless is pretty conspicuous
keep his arm in his pocket real casual like.

but nah, it looked Cinderella did some augment work on other parts of Yukako's body, so maybe she could swap hands? I'm not even entirely sure how Kira know exactly what Cinderella could do.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Moltrey posted:

but nah, it looked Cinderella did some augment work on other parts of Yukako's body, so maybe she could swap hands? I'm not even entirely sure how Kira know exactly what Cinderella could do.

I know the real answer is because shut up, but he might have stumbled upon that while cruising for chicks' hands

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Moltrey posted:

Kira did say he would do research on stand users in town. I imagine the Italian chef who can cure all your ills and the beautifician who can change your fortune in love would be his first two guesses, so even if he didn't know Cinderella's specific ability, or if Tsuji even had a stand, she was still his best bet at the time?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
If the opening is any indication, I think they're really going to play up the fakeout on Koichi's death

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I only just caught that he's about to start crying here.

a cartoon duck posted:

when did Kira get a new hand anyway

I think that was from that one couple while he was taking a train somewhere?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

Well, thats what Hazamada told Surface to do after its hand got cut off.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

lol at Josuke reading a book about Gianfranco Ferré in his free time

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 27, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

a cartoon duck posted:

Kira did say he would do research on stand users in town. I imagine the Italian chef who can cure all your ills and the beautifician who can change your fortune in love would be his first two guesses, so even if he didn't know Cinderella's specific ability, or if Tsuji even had a stand, she was still his best bet at the time?

Now I'm imagining Kira going into Tonio's shop, handless, being like "hey you got some ravioli that'll fix this"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Near the very end of Sheer Heart Attack, there's a bit where Kira is stumbling around Morioh, covered in blood, his tie tied around his arm to try and slow the bleeding, passing people from his work who try to help him and just trying to play it off like "man, closing time already huh? haha alright, excuse me sorry gotta go" like some real American Psycho "Oh this? Just a lot of red wine, excuse me I gotta return some videotapes" poo poo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

Near the very end of Sheer Heart Attack, there's a bit where Kira is stumbling around Morioh, covered in blood, his tie tied around his arm to try and slow the bleeding, passing people from his work who try to help him and just trying to play it off like "man, closing time already huh? haha alright, excuse me sorry gotta go" like some real American Psycho "Oh this? Just a lot of red wine, excuse me I gotta return some videotapes" poo poo

Oh my god I love that. It's so loving weird and creepy.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Dame dame dame dame dame dame

edit: I listened to the game SHA, I really prefer the anime voice, way creepier and robotic imo.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you're going to call Killer Queen contrived at least wait until it gets the ability to blow up anyone who a small child talks to and reset time and store a cat flower in its chest.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Bites The Dust is like the perfect power for Kira, and there's a lot of good fake outs that Kira has truly won this time so it's good.

Kira doing Stand fusion by putting a cat plant in KQ's abs is weird and funny, Kira literally has like four different forms

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Killer Queen definitely has a bad power creep and too much utility to really be a "good" power in terms of balance in the rules presented. That's easily explained by Araki needing to keep him fresh throughout as the main antagonist stand and all of its powers blend well into the stand as a whole. The fact that Killer Queen's power creep doesn't harm the stand or make it feel cheap and that everything it does is really good speaks volumes about how good the stand is as a whole.

That even carries over to JoJolion's Killer Queen, which is really identifiable as Killer Queen, it's abilities are also very similar, but in functionality it's actually a very different stand.

I don't get why someone is insisting Kira doesn't have a time power in the anime thread though? Just ignore it if it's heresay someone has read and they're commenting on in the thread, no need to confirm or deny this kind of thing. There's no point in misdirecting someone who knows that Bites The Dust exists through osmosis or whatever, they're just going to be all "oh I was right all along and they fibbed", should they remember.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgK07EV-qI4

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow I didn't know the Eyes of Heaven story got leaked so early.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow I didn't know the Eyes of Heaven story got leaked so early.

That's a drat good pooch you have there

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't get why someone is insisting Kira doesn't have a time power in the anime thread though? Just ignore it if it's heresay someone has read and they're commenting on in the thread, no need to confirm or deny this kind of thing. There's no point in misdirecting someone who knows that Bites The Dust exists through osmosis or whatever, they're just going to be all "oh I was right all along and they fibbed", should they remember.

It's technically true. Kira has no time powers. Yet.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
cant wait for kira to be able to blow up time and also his son

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Moltrey posted:

cant wait for kira to be able to blow up time and also his son

technically he blows up everything BUT his son

Actually that brings up something that was never really explained: who got Bites The Dust'd the first time? He got the power AFTER Hayato died so he had to have used someone else who would have remembered it and oh wait I'm getting a urgent fax

"because shut up"

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Because it's the anime thread and that's a spoiler to say 'yet'.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That's a drat good pooch you have there

Thanks!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Then don't say anything, it's also a spoiler to those people who don't know better to straight deny it even if untrue, so the net gain is non existent.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

don't post in the anime thread imo

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I felt flat out denial of it because at the moment it's not the case, but not even hinting as to whether this will change will leave other watchers surprised when it does come around rather than letting it sit there.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Everyone badmouthing Koichi is gonna get some real egg on their faces when Sheer Heart Attack comes out and he bullies grown rear end adult man Kira Yoshikage to tears with the power of words

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
But then Kira punches him through the stomach (I love that this is commonality with JoJo villains) and has to fix his sock cause Koichi is too big a dummy to even do that right

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Some of us only care enough that the socks are on.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Moltrey posted:

But then Kira punches him through the stomach (I love that this is commonality with JoJo villains) and has to fix his sock cause Koichi is too big a dummy to even do that right

Josuke does the same thing.

really makes u think

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

wasn't this the plot to that one Dexter's Lab movie?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I mean, if I had a strong punchghost like Crazy Diamond (and god willing it would be Crazy Diamond) or King Crimson, I'd punch my first bad guy through the stomach ASAP, it looks very cool

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJU5x-j3PEk

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ganbatte, kira-san

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
god, I forgot this video existed, it's so good, but im a sucker for the dragonball ED

If it wasn't a big spoiler, I'd get a gif of the opening shot as an avatar. Maybe in two or three weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
At least you guys handled the 'I sort of didn't recognize Lumberjack Bonanza's avatar as Kira' from EmmyOk fine