Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

oh poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I realized my PC connection speed is fine for online stuff so I was gonna hop into an online shooter, specifically Ratz Instagib 2.0 but there are currently two other people in the planet playing the game and it wont start a match. Maybe I'll just get Quake Live.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I realized my PC connection speed is fine for online stuff so I was gonna hop into an online shooter, specifically Ratz Instagib 2.0 but there are currently two other people in the planet playing the game and it wont start a match. Maybe I'll just get Quake Live.

i dont think youll have better luck on ql

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i dont think youll have better luck on ql

Maybe. Im trying to play Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare SP instead but it wont launch. It says my monitor is unsupported and I cant find anybody else online who ahs this problem, unless theyre running a multi screen set up. I only have one. I hate PC gaming, this game is like two years old and broken already

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm playing Ni-oh some more . I already thought the game was cool but I'm dumb and didn't realize you can learn magic + ninjitsu just by leveling up the appropriate stats, thought it was something you had to unlock and it didn't exist in the beta. Now I'm getting souls game syndrome where i want to start over ten times and make a bunch of different characters except this isn't even the full game it's a demo with two little areas. Can't wait for this to come out for real, it's gonna be great

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
can anyone who's played explain how guardian spirits work? i have no idea and there's no in game tutorial for it that i've found . i also noticed that you have the option at checkpoint/level up shrines to release a guardian spirit and permanently destroy the shrine, is that as scary as it sounds and what does it do?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i restarted pillars of eternity as a barbarian, gonna try to actually play it all the way through this time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is There a trick to get pins to evolve? I had it happen once but it was before I even mastered it, so it seems to be random, or maybe affected by popularity when used in battle?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

In Training posted:

Is There a trick to get pins to evolve? I had it happen once but it was before I even mastered it, so it seems to be random, or maybe affected by popularity when used in battle?

pins have three types of pp to use: Battle PP, the most common, Shutdown PP and finally Mingle PP.
Some pins only evolve with a certain kind of pp. Not necessarily the full bar of them, but with the vast majority.
Another thing is that, when fighting, shutdown pp, and more importantly, mingle pp, will extend from their initial cache. Mingle pp extends up to like double what you originally had, I think.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
to get mingle pp, you pretty obviously have to engage in mingle mode and cross people either using their ds to broadcast any game signal netting less Mingle PP, them also mingling with TWEWY (I think this gave the most).
since i think youll have better chances of wiping your rear end with the shroud of turin than finding someone else also mingling TWEWY, your best choice is the random encounters that can happen in mingle mode. Just leave the DS closed with mingle mode on, and youll find Aliens and poo poo that will net you mingle pp.

if you wanna do completionist poo poo like me, check this.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
dont lose much sleep over evolving all the pins and poo poo until after you beat the game tho cause you unlock something that makes pin hunting and leveling easier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

to get mingle pp, you pretty obviously have to engage in mingle mode and cross people either using their ds to broadcast any game signal netting less Mingle PP, them also mingling with TWEWY (I think this gave the most).
since i think youll have better chances of wiping your rear end with the shroud of turin than finding someone else also mingling TWEWY, your best choice is the random encounters that can happen in mingle mode. Just leave the DS closed with mingle mode on, and youll find Aliens and poo poo that will net you mingle pp.

if you wanna do completionist poo poo like me, check this.

Cool. I just needed to evolve a happy beam for a reaper side quest, but once I beat the game I'll dig into the weird numbers end as much as I care to. With a game as fun to play and mechanically dense as this, I bet it has awesome postgame content

About to face the game master on Day 7. My guess for where the story goes from here is that I'm either going to start playing as different teams each new week or Neku will always be bottom screen and help different lost souls escape the game without ever leaving himself until the dramatic final chapter

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nioh demo is really good. Can't wait for the full game

I'll also be playing Paragon on ps4, the new MOBA from the team that brought you Unreal Tournament and Gears of War!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

In Training posted:

Cool. I just needed to evolve a happy beam for a reaper side quest, but once I beat the game I'll dig into the weird numbers end as much as I care to. With a game as fun to play and mechanically dense as this, I bet it has awesome postgame content

for sidequest stuff you'll never really need to deal with out of the way bullshit like pp or super tough pin farming
it has some postgame content, and a tough postgame megaboss, if you care to do that.
also, mess with the HP slider on the pause screen cuase not only does it better your drop rate it also makes the fights a lot less trivial. by the time i unlocked hard difficulty i was cruising at lowest possible slider max chains

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i nearly maxed every pin in TWEWY except a few streetpass pins since i lived in the mountains at the time where no gamers stepped foot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

for sidequest stuff you'll never really need to deal with out of the way bullshit like pp or super tough pin farming
it has some postgame content, and a tough postgame megaboss, if you care to do that.
also, mess with the HP slider on the pause screen cuase not only does it better your drop rate it also makes the fights a lot less trivial. by the time i unlocked hard difficulty i was cruising at lowest possible slider max chains

Yeah I been staying at 10+ star level for the shiki stuff and then put it back higher for bosses. But now I need to learn how to play Joshua

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

In Training posted:

Yeah I been staying at 10+ star level for the shiki stuff and then put it back higher for bosses. But now I need to learn how to play Joshua

Joshua ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
TWEWY felt like an instant classic when it came out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i spent a ton of time on the postgame content as well, probably more than the actual story

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Been playing Paper Mario

the fun tone kept making me think of Tomba, so I started playing that too

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Just started a new game of Viewtiful Joe. I am going to beat it this time.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good luck on one of my very favorites

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

UPDATE: it is still hard

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanna ply gitaroo man again...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I beat the helicopter and I think I got this :cool:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Technically not teh weekend anymore but drat dudes Witcher 3 is extremely super good. I can tell I'm going to be playing it for like 200 hours because I'm like 10 hours deep and only completed 2 story quests + I'm level 3

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rediscover posted:

Technically not teh weekend anymore but drat dudes Witcher 3 is extremely super good. I can tell I'm going to be playing it for like 200 hours because I'm like 10 hours deep and only completed 2 story quests + I'm level 3
it's grand. The expansions are amazing too.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

codenameFANGIO posted:

Just started a new game of Viewtiful Joe. I am going to beat it this time.

codenameFANGIO posted:

UPDATE: it is still hard

Only registered members can see post attachments!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Picross e1, The World Ends With You and SM64 later hopefully.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Super Mario 64

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
at work trying to decide if i wanna play overwatch or Witcher 3 when i get home....

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lotsa titan quest and overwatch

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Viewtiful Joe, Super Mario 64, Zelda II: Legend of Link.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Started Witcher III. So far it's been cutscenes, tutorials, and adjusting settings and updating my graphics drivers to get it running on my lovely PC. But I just got to a collectible card minigame and I think that's a very good sign things are going to improve from here.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

Zelda II: Legend of Link.

fry_squinting.jpg

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

mycophobia posted:

fry_squinting.jpg

Adventure of Link.

mycophobia