Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I really don't think it'll matter outside of a few DFS plays, but my hot take is that Jared Abbederis is going to the the Packers' #3 WR before the fantasy playoffs start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So I drafted the Cardinals and Texans D/ST's by mistake. Which one am I trading off?

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So I drafted the Cardinals and Texans D/ST's by mistake. Which one am I trading off?

Whoever is dumb enough to trade for a defense. In my league we're required to keep 2 D/ST at all times and I ended up with the Bills and Lions. :cry:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/HelmanDC/status/769604974296707076

:rip:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Tony Romo broke a bone in his back.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
And that's that.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
add Dak in all 2 QB leagues immediately

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

<--- the guy who picked up dak in goontier the day after the draft

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Tell him I said Bettman sucks.

Do that.

Dak Prescott probably not worth drafting, right? Not blown away by his preseason work and Dallas wants to run it anyway.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Do that.

Dak Prescott probably not worth drafting, right? Not blown away by his preseason work and Dallas wants to run it anyway.

If that preseason did not blow you away, what on earth would? Yes it's just preseason, but it's the only information we have.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Do that.

Definitely not worth a draft in standard leagues. But, as rookies go, he''s stepping into a much better situation then the average. As a Cowboys fan, I'll probably fade all their players too. No need to do that to myself every Sunday.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Rate my team, it's a 12 team league, PPR. I drafted Romo as backup QB to Luck before the whole broken back fiasco. Thinking of picking up Dak... still unclaimed in my league and I've got a pretty high waiver standing.

P.S. It's my second time ever playing Fantasy Football so any advice or tips would be fantastic. Yahoo Report Card currently has me projected to win the league, which doesn't mean anything, but would like to make that true!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Don't carry 2 defenses especially if you have Seattle. Also Yahoo report card sucks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'd consider Prescott to be a high upside QB option. His situation is obviously fantastic, particularly that offensive line, and if I had a spot on the bench I'd be down for stashing him.

As for everyone else, the risk just skyrocketed. I was already opposed to drafting Elliott as early as he was going, and now Bryant seems like a major risk as well.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 27, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If Dez is healthy I don't see how he doesn't get peppered to hell with targets regardless of who is under center

e: I feel like Dez is right up there with Julio as a drat good bet to receive the highest percentage of his team's targets

e2: and torrey smith :unsmigghh:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 27, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Rate my team, it's a 12 team league, PPR. I drafted Romo as backup QB to Luck before the whole broken back fiasco. Thinking of picking up Dak... still unclaimed in my league and I've got a pretty high waiver standing.

P.S. It's my second time ever playing Fantasy Football so any advice or tips would be fantastic. Yahoo Report Card currently has me projected to win the league, which doesn't mean anything, but would like to make that true!

Your starters are crazy good. Nice job! You're going to want more than 1 backup RB... like 3-4. Ditch cincy D, Romo, and whomever you like the least between Dorsett, Benjamin, and Gates. With such solid WRs, you won't need much WR bench depth at all.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 27, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I love my main league. 10 man. 0.5 PPR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If Dez is healthy I don't see how he doesn't get peppered to hell with targets regardless of who is under center

e: I feel like Dez is right up there with Julio as a drat good bet to receive the highest percentage of his team's targets

Yeah about Dez's target share, but the total number of targets is probably going to go down with Zeke running a ton + any Romo time out. I am pretty ok with Dez catching throws from Dak, though. I don't think Dez is going to do a repeat of 2015 at all.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

89 posted:

What the gently caress

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Picking at #4. lol.

IDP makes this league weird.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah about Dez's target share, but the total number of targets is probably going to go down with Zeke running a ton + any Romo time out. I am pretty ok with Dez catching throws from Dak, though. I don't think Dez is going to do a repeat of 2015 at all.

Dez is Real drat Good Tho so unless Dak is Ryan Lindley-bad, I'm not fading Dez for poo poo. I feel like he's going to be coming into this season with a chip on his shoulder after last year and doubly so if everyone thinks they're dead in the water without Romo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Nice job. Only thing I'd consider doing differently is focusing on high upside bench spots since your starters are so loving stacked.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

It's a question of risk. I'm sure Bryant will get a ton of targets, but with a rookie QB it's hard to know how that will turn out. Prescott could lock onto Bryant like a security blanket, or he could end up being fools gold. Depending on the scoring settings I'd at least drop him down a little bit.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nice job. Only thing I'd consider doing differently is focusing on high upside bench spots since your starters are so loving stacked.

It's a question of risk. I'm sure Bryant will get a ton of targets, but with a rookie QB it's hard to know how that will turn out. Prescott could lock onto Bryant like a security blanket, or he could end up being fools gold. Depending on the scoring settings I'd at least drop him down a little bit.

I don't think I can drop anybody...

Crowell, Funchess, and Torrey Smith are on the waiver wire. And Ajay and almost every handcuff.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Between your team and the players on waivers I cannot fathom what the other 11 teams look like.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Teemu Pokemon posted:

<--- the guy who picked up dak in goontier the day after the draft

The other half of this was you dropped Romo to get him!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I am a psychic man with a big hat and eyebrows to match

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Watson tore his Achilles.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ben Watson tore his Achilles :(

I was liking him as a double-digit round guy

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
gently caress, poo poo's starting already. Poor dude.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
You guys better grab Mike Wallace before he becomes a WR2 again. :downs:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Pretend that I dug through this thread and emptyquoted my post saying Crockett Gilmore was going to be a thing this year.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Tajae Sharpe y'all

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Papes posted:

Pretend that I dug through this thread and emptyquoted my post saying Crockett Gilmore was going to be a thing this year.
I'm with you on Gillmore. Thought he was going to be a sneaky play last year but that didn't work out. More than capable blocker and a better pass catcher than people realize. This Watson injury could certainly open up a opportunity for him to see a meaningful amount of targets again considering how much Marc Trestman normally likes to use his TEs. Although Dennis Pitta still existing could throw a wrench into the works. Probably won't have Week 1 value but I expect him to pop up as a useful TE streamer this year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Luck for Brady/Tate or Brady/Austin. Makes sense, or keep Touchdown Tommy with Jameis as backup?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

VietCampo and many more posted:

show him replays of yesterday's game.

It worked! Zeke went #2 and I got David Johnson.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well with zero rb being super mainstream now I will gladly take AD and David Johnson at the turn :stare:

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I think there's a chance I can get Zeke at #14 tomorrow. Worth it if Robinson or Marshall are still there in .5 ppr?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Luck for Brady/Tate or Brady/Austin. Makes sense, or keep Touchdown Tommy with Jameis as backup?

Golden Gate? Yeah, get that.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Top 3 in my no money league, 4th pick: Julio Jones, Lamar Miller, LeSean McCoy.

Top 3 in my teacher league, 1st pick: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Jamaal Charles

Money league drafts on Labor Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream posted:

Well with zero rb being super mainstream now I will gladly take AD and David Johnson at the turn :stare:

Oh and leveon bell heh

• Locked thread