Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Saoshyant posted:

I'm more confused about the GameFreak mention. How is it any surprise that the Pokemon people are working on a game for the NX?

Because they released Pokemon's Gen 5 as DS games a year after the 3DS came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Saoshyant posted:

If only the Bone had won the console war we would no longer be subjugated to the horrors of motion controls. Fie, I say, fie!

I'm more confused about the GameFreak mention. How is it any surprise that the Pokemon people are working on a game for the NX?

If XBone had won every game would have Kinect integration.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The_White_Crane posted:

Did anyone else notice the bit in the most recent patent where they open up the possibility of selling you controller components which have a use-by date built in?

"Oops, your D-pad is six months old. Better buy a new one!"

... I don't imagine that's something they'll actually do, but it's a slightly worrying thing to see in a patent regardless...

The D-pads are edible, the expiration date is just a safety issue to cover their asses but generally they'll probably still be safe to eat months later.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

greatn posted:

The D-pads are edible, the expiration date is just a safety issue to cover their asses but generally they'll probably still be safe to eat months later.

They're finally introducing smell o vision, and you'll just need to reload your stock of smell every so often

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

greatn posted:

She hasn't been proven wrong on that yet, it's still 2016

Well, she was also definitively proven wrong when she said there would be cross-buy for 3DS virtual console, and that Link would be gender-optional in Zelda:BotW.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Supercar Gautier posted:

Well, she was also definitively proven wrong when she said there would be cross-buy for 3DS virtual console, and that Link would be gender-optional in Zelda:BotW.

Nope. She never said Link would be gender optional, she said she had heard from several sources there would be the ability to choose between a male and female character(didn't say Link). And she did hear that from sources. What I believe probably happened is this came from sources in marketing materials who were making some of the artwork like that lanyard, who thought they were seeing two different characters on the lanyard. She also said there would be voice acting for the first time, which was right, and that it would be a simultaneous cross platform release, but no one cares about that one.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Linkle confirmed for BotW?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Rogers doesn't get to be chalked up as right when she says things that are wrong, which she does, often. If she is wrong because she got garbled info from someone else, then she is still wrong.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah but she never claims something is absolutely a thing, she always says "this is what I've heard from sources, please note this is still a rumor and nothing is confirmed"

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
You can't choose Link's sex, only his/her/their pronouns.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jsor posted:

You can't choose Link's sex, only his/her/their pronouns.

You can decide that Link's sex is whatever you want, but cannot alter their pronouns or body type.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Link was trapped in stasis. [who it is] should be answered along the way.

a.lo fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 27, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I think it will be before TGS. The NX is getting it's own Direct. I can feel it.

If iwata were still around and they did directs more often then every 8 months then they probably would have a fall/holiday season direct before and an nx direct after. Who knows

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

smell this posted:

Link was trapped in stasis. [who it is] should be answered along the way.

speculation:
it starts in something called the "Regeneration" temple or whatever. The footage from e3 feels hard cut at right after the character creator sequence. Although if its as disappointing as the Splatoon one its probably functionally vestigial

The only things Emily R has ever correctly leaked were things that were obvious to guess. Whether she fashions herself as a liar or a journalist its easily possible for her to be talking to "sources" who are making random guesses and pulling the information that doesn't contradict and reporting it as fact.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Rumor: The NX will be rad

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I wonder how Nintendo will handle region locking with the NX.

The 3DS locks the e-shop region to the hardware, somehow, so as of now you can't even import special edition N3DS units and switch e-shops with homebrew. I'd like to believe the NX won't do something equally ridiculous or worse, but it's Nintendo and they are capable of anything.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gorgolflox posted:

I've tweeted Gamexplain this rumor. They said a 40 minute video is incoming. Well done.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saoshyant posted:

I've tweeted Gamexplain this rumor. They said a 40 minute video is incoming. Well done.

they got a couple more deep analyses of japanese pokemon advertisements to do on the electron microscope first. the left buttcheek of another new pokemon might yet be discovered and discussed

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Very excited for the new Super Mario X they just leaked/

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gorgolflox posted:

Confirmed

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

It's going to be a fine weekend.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

greatn posted:

If XBone had won every game would have Kinect integration.

It's really awkward how almost an entire generation of Playstation games tried really hard to act like the Sixaxis was a thing. Up to and including killing Factor 5 by making Lair entirely motion controlled

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Gorgolflox posted:

Well, that rumor is only off by one letter :troll:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I hope the NX has the right kind of RAM

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Soul Glo posted:

I hope the NX has the right kind of RAM

Gogoat

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Wheany posted:

Gorgolflox posted:

Rumor: The NX will be bad

Gorgolflox posted:

Rumor: The NX will be rat

The NX will be Bad Rats?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Confirmed: The NX is the new Powerglove for being bad.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The NES Classic power glove will come out, and then it'll turn out to be fully compatible with the NX

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

fivegears4reverse posted:

I wonder how Nintendo will handle region locking with the NX.

The 3DS locks the e-shop region to the hardware, somehow, so as of now you can't even import special edition N3DS units and switch e-shops with homebrew. I'd like to believe the NX won't do something equally ridiculous or worse, but it's Nintendo and they are capable of anything.

Before Iwata died, he said there high level discussions about potentially dropping region locking for the NX. I really hope they follow through though.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Before Iwata died, he said there high level discussions about potentially dropping region locking for the NX. I really hope they follow through though.

Since the NX is going back to cartridges, all you need to do to get a region free one is to cut off two plastic tabs in the cartridge slot.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Instant Sunrise posted:

Since the NX is going back to cartridges, all you need to do to get a region free one is to cut off two plastic tabs in the cartridge slot.

That's.... not necessarily true.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
Just like how you de-tab 3ds carts right?

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Wheany posted:

The NX will be red? Like as a Mario promotion or something?

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I can't believe the NX is going to be rap. I'm so excited to be living in the future.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to my new Nintendo Dad!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I can't believe the NX is going to be rap. I'm so excited to be living in the future.

Here's an exclusive video!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
But wait, my dad works at nintendo.

Is my Dad the Nintendo NX

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Wheany posted:

It'll be RAM?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wheany posted: