Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Siochain posted:

Yep. What a show. Wish I was in Kingston right now. Fuckin eh, boys. Fuckin eh.

Can't say it any better than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't think this is files because it was public broadcast,

TPB has a 3.23gb encode of the show in 720p and surround sound.

I couldn't watch last night as I was working in the bush. Also I've been in a funk all yesterday and today because of Gord downy. I'm not even really a huge fan, but I'm sad anyways. I guess they were just such a constant growing up that it will be like if pizza stopped existing.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

It is sad, but he isn't dead yet. And who knows with his cancer, he might be around for a while yet.

I was never really a huge hip fan but really started to appreciate them a lot more the last few years, ironic being in their twilight. Their music is quite varied and Gords' voice is so unique and he's so drat quirky and energetic, I think it would be hard not to like them.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Grace too is easily my favourite of theirs. I saw them in Burnaby around 2010 or so. Such a good vibe around that band and their fans.

Why can't Justin beiber give Chad Kroger aids in exchange for a healthy Gord downy

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Haha ohhhh I want this but $2500 per corner imminent shock replacement has me scared.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ent=app_android

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

jonathan posted:

I don't think this is files because it was public broadcast,

TPB has a 3.23gb encode of the show in 720p and surround sound.

I couldn't watch last night as I was working in the bush. Also I've been in a funk all yesterday and today because of Gord downy. I'm not even really a huge fan, but I'm sad anyways. I guess they were just such a constant growing up that it will be like if pizza stopped existing.

Me to man, me to. I just took them for granted, now I feel strange that it might be over soon. Ah well, it was a great show, and I've already yoinked the TPB copy :)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calgary/dozens-calgary-realtors-owed-1m-1.3730355

And not a single tear was shed.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

how any real estate agent is owed $120,000 is beyond me. The job is as outdated as BlockBuster store manager.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

jonathan posted:

how any real estate agent is owed $120,000 is beyond me. The job is as outdated as BlockBuster store manager.

The best thing is the scare tactics ads they run for the realtor association. You can smell the stink of desperation as their whole scam business model is circling the drain.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

It is a pity but I view real estate agents slightly above used car salesman on the profession continuum.

I say pity because I really think there is a place for an agent to help walk someone through the process. I just don't think there is a place for 3.5-7% commissions for doing sweet gently caress all but listing something on MLS, throwing an ad on Kijiji and fielding a few phone calls and maybe hosting an open house..... And then refusing to take any responsibility for anything when it doesn't go right.

Would I pay someone $1K for that? Maybe

slidebite fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 22, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It really should start at maybe 3% and then scale down from there, even then it's too high in my opinion. When I bought my condo my realtor did gently caress all beyond openly lie about poo poo. I'm seriously mulling trying to just sell it myself because I don't see the value in burning that kind of cash just so it's "easier".

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Today was spent driving around Edmonton, getting dry ice and liquid nitrogen from three separate Praxair locations (I think that's all of them in the area). First, the NW location, a small-ish welding supply shop that took my money and sent me to the S location. That's a much larger facility, and they had the dry ice but sent me to Praxair's restricted-access facility at the Edmonton / Sherwood Park industrial borderlands (within sight of the refineries, even in the reduced visibility of this epic rain). That was fun - my dewar is old-school and borrowed, so it took them a while to figure out the connections. In the meantime, we had to wait in the truck because the shipping manager had sent us into a "Full PPE Area" and we had no goggles and no hardhats until a friendly forklift driver got some for us. Then I got to drive around with vapour shooting around in the back until the dewar's pressure equalized, about 20 minutes.

Cheryl, the work truck, was filthy this morning but 6 hours of continuous rain and roadspray has made her merely "dirty". The best part was driving through a giant puddle on Whitemud that served as an impromptu underbody rinse; I think we left a few kilos of mud/peat semi-solid mixture in that micro-lake.

My coworkers are probably going to drive me crazy. One in particular, her sense of humour is broken (or at least, completely different from mine), she thinks it's uproariously funny when we nearly cause horrible accidents at industrial-gas facilities through stupid negligence - this revolves around a large cardboard box and some bubblewrap she was compusively popping. We need that wrap still, there are things to ship! Anyway, while this apparent-mental-illness is unfolding my other coworkers (aged about 23) are giggling in the back seat and I fully expect the two of them to sleep together semi-secretly in the next few days. It's none of my business and it doesn't really bother me, it's just really jarring to be having a serious conversation about safety issues while surrounded by stacks of compressed gases and active forklifts and contingency plans in case there's some problem or disaster with the LN2, and from the back seat are coming sounds of young lust.

I'm old and grumpy.

The upshot is, Praxair treated me very well today. What could have been a huge hassle was maintained at the "minor PITA, easily solved" level throughout. So props to them, for once. My previous experiences with both major gas suppliers (Praxair and Air Liquide) have typically been very frustrating, so this was a nice change.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

hahaha gently caress this

They're complaining about a possible loophole in real estate laws? Realtors have been vigorously exploiting and viciously protecting loopholes in those laws for years, while pretending that those same loopholes haven't resulted in significant fraud and theft that have seriously harmed some of their customers.

Real Estate is one of those intersections of greed and protectionism (like Taxi's) that have lobbied hard enough to convince the government to insulate them from the consequences of their actions. I'm glad that new technology-enabled businesses like ComFree and Uber are finally showing consumers how badly we've been getting hosed by these greedy assholes.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Like and share that post.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Oh wow look at that gas went up 10c today.... No doubt complete coincidence I am sure that next weekend is a long weekend. Yes siree. No link there at all

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So there is this offroad Facebook group called PsstnBroke based out of GP. It's full of racists who I love to piss off. I post pro-NDP related news items etc.

Anyways, some lady on there had a big confederate flag painted on the hood of her competition mud truck, and LoL this happened.

I screenshot the original post but lost it.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
/\/\/\ It took me a few seconds to see anything beyond "Dick" and "gently caress" but the ejaculating hairy-balled crudedly-drawn-cock is a thing of beauty.

slidebite posted:

Oh wow look at that gas went up 10c today.... No doubt complete coincidence I am sure that next weekend is a long weekend. Yes siree. No link there at all

Only 10 cents where you are? Edmonton went from 84.4 (at one station I happened to use, near Whyte ave) to 99.9 everywhere I saw today.

EDIT: from *DING* "LOW FUEL" to full at 84.4 / L still took more than $120 for Cheryl, our work truck. I don't understand at all how you guys (and others) can run a V8 full-size pickup as your DD and not go quickly broke.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

jonathan posted:

So there is this offroad Facebook group called PsstnBroke based out of GP. It's full of racists who I love to piss off. I post pro-NDP related news items etc.

Anyways, some lady on there had a big confederate flag painted on the hood of her competition mud truck, and LoL this happened.

I screenshot the original post but lost it.

Hahahaha oh man usually I'm disapproving of criminal mischief but counterpoint: confederate flag in Canada

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

ExecuDork posted:

EDIT: from *DING* "LOW FUEL" to full at 84.4 / L still took more than $120 for Cheryl, our work truck. I don't understand at all how you guys (and others) can run a V8 full-size pickup as your DD and not go quickly broke.

Short commute for me, 12km and over half of it is on stoney. Plus I've got that truck up to 16.5ish MPG from the pizza cutters and getting it running mostly properly (from like 5 when it was freaking the gently caress out, dumping fuel and dragging the 265s and heavy bro-rimz around). Should easily break 17 when I find the front aero skirt thing (which PnP always pins between the frame and the wheelstands :argh:) and lower it to 2wd height.
Granted I am indeed broke but I don't consider my fuel costs to be a major contributing factor.

Dick gently caress Owns

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Tommychu posted:

Dick gently caress Owns

Also, there is a manual transmission RX-8 at the Barlow Pick N Pull. The chassis is toast but the drivetrain is solid. If it's still there, someone should buy the engine and transmission...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Did they just put it out? I was there last weekend and didn't see anything.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The drivetrain never left the factory solid and doesn't exactly work harden.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

McTinkerson posted:

Also, there is a manual transmission RX-8 at the Barlow Pick N Pull. The chassis is toast but the drivetrain is solid. If it's still there, someone should buy the engine and transmission...

Do you want it? I could go pull it Saturday, if that yard isn't a swamp by then.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Slung Blade posted:

Do you want it? I could go pull it Saturday, if that yard isn't a swamp by then.

Thanks for the offer but I'm good for now. Our '8 still has a strong engine and once that one goes it's getting a single turbo FD engine. Or a hybrid of the two ( http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/2645/Rotary-Radness-Mazdatrixs-13B-REWMSP-Hybrid.aspx ).

This post was more for 1500's benefit since a 13B-MSP is the perfect upgrade for a N/A FC.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Ah, fair enough.

1500: what say you man, want a hand pulling that motor?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ended up sending my engine to the Calgary RX7 shop for a rebuild. Thanks for the offer though.

Should be getting it back this Friday or Monday and then just got to work out fixing a few auxiliary things and she should be good to bolt back in.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Uhhhh, Ls swaps are pretty easy for the rx-8.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://youtu.be/IIT18GewjJQ

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Sure would be nice if I could get my lawn mowed and garage/shop all organized this weekend.

Would be even nicer if I could get the coronet OOPed and registered before winter :smith:

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

jonathan posted:

Uhhhh, Ls swaps are pretty easy for the rx-8.

While they are easy - you are NEVER going to complete one for under $30k CDN. That being said, every 6 months or so completed ones in the US show up for $15kUSD. Which is absolutely ridiculous and is a no-brainer for a dollars to performance to usability ratio.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

Sure would be nice if I could get my lawn mowed and garage/shop all organized this weekend.

Would be even nicer if I could get the coronet OOPed and registered before winter :smith:

I got the Civic running again! :woop:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Step one of UnThug My Ride completed:

- swap tinted tail lights for ones that won't guarantee me a ticket

Coming up:
- rim job
- getting rid of those drat SS badges

Anybody have recommendations for removing stick-on badges? Hair dryer? Hot water?

DrakeriderCa fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 26, 2016

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Heat gun and some of the very very soft Bondo squeegees from Canadian Tire plus a lot of patience.

I also have a present for the avalanche. Or Asahi does rather.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

McTinkerson posted:

While they are easy - you are NEVER going to complete one for under $30k CDN. That being said, every 6 months or so completed ones in the US show up for $15kUSD. Which is absolutely ridiculous and is a no-brainer for a dollars to performance to usability ratio.

LoL I could swap YOU into an rx8 for that price. But seriously I could do it for pretty cheap. I figure I could do it for 2k over the cost of the junkyard motor and trans.

Edit: although if I didn't have access to every tool known to man and a welder/fabricator as a father in law it might cost more

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

jonathan posted:

LoL I could swap YOU into an rx8 for that price. But seriously I could do it for pretty cheap. I figure I could do it for 2k over the cost of the junkyard motor and trans.

Edit: although if I didn't have access to every tool known to man and a welder/fabricator as a father in law it might cost more

How would you handle the factory dash Can-Bus? The ABS & Airbags? Generally curious. Most of the swap kits are $8kUSD and there's a bunch of PPF and clutch / ABS items that need sorting on top of that?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd probably just gut the fucker and run it on megasquirt, and do a custom gauge cluster or maybe just racepack. The rx8 cluster is garbage anyways.

Abs and airbag ? I'd likely cage reinforce it and have harnesses instead. The HVAC stuff I am not sure of. No idea if that's tied into canbus, but a heat and defrost system I could easily set up. For a car like that I wouldn't run a/c anyways. I like simple belt systems.

I could see how someone could spend 30k doing a swap, but I've always been the borderline street legal project type myself.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

DrakeriderCa posted:

Step one of UnThug My Ride completed:

- swap tinted tail lights for ones that won't guarantee me a ticket

Coming up:
- rim job

Anybody have recommendations for removing stick-on badges? Hair dryer? Hot water?

I had good luck with fishing line and a heat gun. I used braided stuff~30 pound test.

Then just a plastic razor blade and some tape off to get the gluey bits off.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

DrakeriderCa posted:

Coming up:
- rim job

After you finish the rim job, just swap it for real SS badges

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Not cool, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
It's fine as long as he sprays DICK gently caress and the pissing / ejaculating crudely-drawn-cock on it.

Symbols of hate deserve mockery.