Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Just watched a sprint car catch fire.

Track worker ran out with fire extinguisher.

Track fire truck ran over track worker.

Dirt track life.

Was he okay? Did the ambulance run him over too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So many loving ants on the kitchen trash can. The bag is empty and we scrubbed the can down itself but every couple hours there is a line of them up the can and into it.

Borax is cheap and works pretty drat well. Pour a line around the garbage can, and maybe in the can itself.

It also does a good job on your laundry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sharkytm posted:

Get that in writing.

It's in an email from her boss.

I don't want to move, if they just repair us we think we'll get laminate in place of the carpet which would be boss.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

spog posted:

Did she appreciate the romantic gesture of the new car?

'Darling, thanks for 10 wonderful years. My love for you is like a Fiat Mulitpla.......'

(someone else do the punchline)

It's not pretty but it will last forever. :rimshot:

Today I took my concealed firearms class with my dad at a local gun store. It was very educational and long overdue since getting my pistol a few years back (though it's bigger than I'd ever carry). I don't think I'll ever actively carry anyhow but having the option to is going to be nice. Bonus is the Utah permit is valid in 37 states :woop:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm going on a trip next week. I pulled my laptop out and plugged it in for updates. I noticed it was charging slowly and several hours later I realized that the battery is expanding.

I bought it in 2012 so it's not new but I haven't used it much. I had it in my suitcase a few months ago and the TSA must've been rough with it because I noticed one of the hinges is cracked and one of the clips to hold the battery in broke off (I reattached this).

I don't know if I should replace it (the cheap micro center replacements have worse specs), get a new battery, or say to hell with everything.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Get a new battery or enjoy your hand grenade.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm leaning towards that but this was the first time since March I've turned on the thing. I barely use it so I don't know if I want to replace it.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Ferremit posted:

It's kinda funny how you guys all loose your poo poo for a 40 series and down here it's just like "that ones not so rusty?"

I reckon they're rad.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

N is for Nipples posted:

Was he okay? Did the ambulance run him over too?

Somehow got hit by a dually and thrown 10 feet and just broke his wrist

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
Trip to Tahoe with the mustang group. They got me a little drunk. Was in bed by 9 (we started early) and I woke up at 230, and now I'm having trouble getting back to sleep since I've already had my normal 5 hours for the night. I just want to sleep.

mariooncrack posted:

I'm leaning towards that but this was the first time since March I've turned on the thing. I barely use it so I don't know if I want to replace it.
If the battery is expanding the battery is toast. Dump the battery.

How have you not used your laptop since March in the first place?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

gimpsuitjones posted:

I reckon they're rad.

There was a guy out at Kingoonya that had a 45 series ute that he threw out the original engine and jammed the 12-HT and 4 speed auto out of a Sahara 60 series into it and then did an absolute bare chassis up restoration of it.

He's got a 2016 VDJ79 for his business, but drives the old 45 around all week

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

ilkhan posted:

If the battery is expanding the battery is toast. Dump the battery.

How have you not used your laptop since March in the first place?

I've built a few computers over the years. As they've gotten older, I've thrown Linux on them, so I have a few Desktops when I'm at home that I use. I rarely go anywhere that I need or would like to use a laptop. My phone or iPad take care of any sort of need in those situations anyway so my laptop has basically just sat around.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Not gonna lie, the Breakfast Crunchwrap from Taco Bell is awesome.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
But how will your rear end feel about it in a few hours?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Not gonna lie, the Breakfast Crunchwrap from Taco Bell is awesome.

This is how I know you have horrible taste.

Also, went to bed at 2 last night. Woke up at 5 to drive my wife's friend to the airport. Back home now at 730 and I am totally going to sleep the rest of the day. gently caress this noise.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

literally a fish posted:

But how will your rear end feel about it in a few hours?

Not as bad as mine . I had white castle. Which is called a slider for a reason. And I'm probably one of the broken people. I can eat taco bell and not poo poo my insides out. Give me a couple white castle sliders and I will become close to my porcelain God.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Nah it is pretty tasty for real tho.

Anyways poo poo is gonna hit the fan in a few hours. Me and 2 of my other roommates spent a couple hours deep cleaning the house yesterday. And as usual our annoying rear end 4th roommate didn't do poo poo. In fact he complained about the TV being moved a few inches on the stand. Then he left his dirty rear end shoes in the middle of the kitcheb we just mopped and left for a few hours. Today he went out and I notice he left two half full beer cans in the bathroom and they were covered in fruit flies. Not only that but he dumped something gross in the bathroom sink because there were loving maggots crawling around in it. I took the two half empty cans and just loving launched them into his bedroom. We are all so sick of his poo poo.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nah it is pretty tasty for real tho.

Anyways poo poo is gonna hit the fan in a few hours. Me and 2 of my other roommates spent a couple hours deep cleaning the house yesterday. And as usual our annoying rear end 4th roommate didn't do poo poo. In fact he complained about the TV being moved a few inches on the stand. Then he left his dirty rear end shoes in the middle of the kitcheb we just mopped and left for a few hours. Today he went out and I notice he left two half full beer cans in the bathroom and they were covered in fruit flies. Not only that but he dumped something gross in the bathroom sink because there were loving maggots crawling around in it. I took the two half empty cans and just loving launched them into his bedroom. We are all so sick of his poo poo.

Hell yeah

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Powershift posted:

Why don't you switch to another cable company

:v:

I pay for 30/30 and I'm getting 5mbps down and 12 up :argh:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

As someone who very, very rarely gets fast food for a breakfast (like 1-2 a year), my wife and I both look forward to early morning trips when we grab a couple of greasy sausage & egg Mcmuffins and hasbrowns.

Followed by praying we don't need to uncontrollably poo poo it all out 3 hours later on an airplane.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

meatpimp posted:

Why are you being so rude?

Thats just like, your opinion, man

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

slidebite posted:

As someone who very, very rarely gets fast food for a breakfast (like 1-2 a year), my wife and I both look forward to early morning trips when we grab a couple of greasy sausage & egg Mcmuffins and hasbrowns.

Followed by praying we don't need to uncontrollably poo poo it all out 3 hours later on an airplane.

If you get the ham ones, you should be fine. They're actually almost not bad for you or your gut. The pressed mystery meat and fat of the "sausage" is what does you in.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Something I ordered from Amazon was marked as "Handed to a receptionist at front desk".

There is no receptionist. The leasing office is half a mile away on another street entirely. There's no note on the door, and nobody knocked. And the leasing office is closed today anyway.

Amazon told me they won't do anything until 5pm Tuesday "in case the delivery driver finds it and delivers it". I paid for Sunday delivery for a reason, damnit.

Powershift posted:

Why don't you switch to another cable company

Nobody uses Frontier by choice. They use them because they have no other option.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Well that sucks. They're usually pretty good at sorting that stuff out in my experience :(

You should order something through primenow while you're on shift and see if you get handed your own delivery :v:

some texas redneck posted:

Nobody uses Frontier by choice. They use them because they have no other option.

:thejoke:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Changed 10 capacitors on an old Tivo Series 3 power supply, replaced the hard drive and the motherfucker works again. Feels good.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Going wakeboarding for the first time this year ugh yes

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

some texas redneck posted:

Something I ordered from Amazon was marked as "Handed to a receptionist at front desk".

There is no receptionist. The leasing office is half a mile away on another street entirely. There's no note on the door, and nobody knocked. And the leasing office is closed today anyway.

Amazon told me they won't do anything until 5pm Tuesday "in case the delivery driver finds it and delivers it". I paid for Sunday delivery for a reason, damnit.

I've had especially bad luck with Amazon Prime the last couple of years, especially when the last leg is USPS. Amazon seems to give even fewer fucks than USPS when I complain.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

nm posted:

If you get the ham ones, you should be fine. They're actually almost not bad for you or your gut. The pressed mystery meat and fat of the "sausage" is what does you in.

The cheese is pretty gnarly too imo. I think a ham or bacon mcmuffin with no cheese is about as close to real food as you can get from a fast food joint (and is also my breakfast at least 2 days a week).

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah but then you aren't eating it on a McGriddle.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

lol those things are awful. Double the salt and just about double the calories for roughly the same serving size. And they're just not that good.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Malcom in the Middle is such a good show. The roller skating episode is gold.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Malcom in the Middle is such a good show. The roller skating episode is gold.
I always liked Malcolm in the middle. I watched when it was on and binged through it via Netflix at one point.

My parents have been told repeatedly that "the middle" is the same loving show with worse stories and still don't quite get it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I saw a Miata with a Cummins 4bt this weekend.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

factorio is a really fun game though i have no idea what i'm doing

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

Coredump posted:

I saw a Miata with a Cummins 4bt this weekend.

And you didn't take photos?!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Can somebody explain to me the appeal of Red Bull Global RallyCross as a televised spectator sport

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

FBS posted:

Can somebody explain to me the appeal of Red Bull Global RallyCross as a televised spectator sport

It's bite-sized wheel-to-wheel racing that appeals to people who don't have the attention span to sit through a whole drat Formula 1 race. Plus it's got a dirt section, what's not to like?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Safety Dance posted:

Ipeople who don't have the attention span to sit through a whole drat Formula 1 race.

"Lack of attention span" = realisation how much F1 racing is a flaming ball of poo poo

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The only races I can watch beginning to end these days is MotoGP.

You know it's bad when MLB games are more exciting than F1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah I haven't actually seen F1 in a few years. I used to rely on my Italian coworker for the highlights.

• Locked thread